The Body Shop Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Water, Oat (Avena Sativa) Bran, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Honey, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Sodium Lactate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenoxyethanol, Hectorite, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, Saccharide Isomerate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Caramel.

on 7/20/2015 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really enjoy using this mask. I only need to apply a small amount to cover my face and it has a creamy texture with exfoliation particles which feel like oatmeal. This mask does not provide a strong exfoliation however, just a mild one. It tightens slightly as it dries on my face, however it does not sting as mentioned in some other reviews, even though my skin is sensitive. The mask rinses easily and leaves the skin leaving hydrated and soft. The mask also has a pleasant smell and comes in a generous amount which, as you only need to use very little, lasts for quite a long time.

on 7/11/2015 2:32:00 PM

My absolute favourite mask!! It feels so soft when it's on the skin. I've used it a few times and my skin always feels so soft and refreshed after. Has a slight oaty smell but nothing I found overpowering. But last night I used it and something strange and unexpected happened. I have some clogged pores on my face, and a particularly bad patch on my one cheek. I so happened to decide to switch moisturisers that night to see if that would be the problem to my clogged pores. So anyways, I decided to use the Honey And Oats mask after I washed my face, and my clogged pores on my cheek went down in size?! And it happens coincidentally the same night I decide to switch moisturisers to try and prevent clogged pores.. Kinda weird. I am still in disbelief and I don't expect that to be a regular occurance with the mask, but nonetheless I was extremely happy and love this mask. It's a little pricey (I think over $20 in Canada) but it's worth every penny. And a little goes a long way.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The first time I tried this I made a mistake. I didn't wash if off well enough and my face felt super greasy and not very great for the remainder of the day. Then I tried it again a little while later, this time I rinsed my face really well after I was done and the nasty greasiness was gone. My face felt really smooth and supple, and my moisturizer seemed to sink in much better that day. As others have mentioned, forget about the scrub part. You will be disappointed if you're gonna buy it for that. I have a scrub I am happy with so I wasn't buying it for that reason. This is really just a mask, and I got what I was looking for. The scent is alright. Nothing to write home about, but not unpleasant either. Will probably repurchase as I'm a huge mask fan and love having different ones around.

on 4/26/2015 3:37:00 PM

I've tried all of body shop's masks (they're all really good) including the Vitamin E, Aloe, and Nutriganics, but this one is my MUST HAVE FAVORITE. It has a soft fluffy creamy texture with little bits of oatmeal that never dries or hardens on your skin; it smells like honey mixed with vanilla; and feels incredibly soothing and relaxing on your face. If time permits, I leave this on for 40 minutes to maximize the impact of the mask. After you take this off, your face just looks visibly cleaner, brighter and relaxed.

on 3/30/2015 9:45:00 PM

This mask has done nothing for my skin. My skin doesn't feel any different after use. Not moisturized, but not dry either. It doesn't look plumper, or clearer for that matter.

However, I do find it smells nice, and is a nice treat to put on a mask to relax.

on 3/26/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Would I recommend or repurchase? Uh, yes. I'm on my fifth tub (at least) and I keep repurchasing. I have oily combination skin, some hyper pigmentation and minor monthly cycle of blemishes. I use this mask 2+ times per week and its main impact is hydration and calming. Its effects last 1 - 2 days but I doubt it does anything long term.

This is not a miracle worker but it perks my skin up when it lacks lustre and used regularly keeps everything looking plump and fresh. I like to use when I have a break out because this seems to calm things down a bit. It helps to reduce size and redness, but I wouldn't say it speeds recovery or helps with post-pimple pigmentation.

I find the honey oaty scent calming and refreshing. It doesn't sting or cause any break outs. I feels like my skin is deep cleansed but I don't have any blocked pores or anything, so who knows. It goes on like oat meal and it dries but doesn't harden like a regular clay mask. My skin feels refreshed but not stripped or tight when I remove (requires a cloth or shower, don't even bother trying to splash it off).

This is a good solid performer, it's easy to find and comes at a good price. The packaging is nothing to write home about but it's functional. Overall, I love this mask and it has the rare distinction of actually helping the look and feel of my skin. I definitely recommend to anyone and will keep re-purchasing.

Like all The Body Shop products, this mask smells amazing. The texture of it reminds me of cake mix with oat flakes in it. When I first put it on my skin it does sting a little, I'm not sure why. But after the initial sting it feels cooling on my face. The mask doesn't really dry out and I leave mine on for fifteen minutes before removing it with a warm, damp cloth. It removes easily and leaves my skin really glowy. Other than that it doesn't really do anything drastic to my skin except make it look super healthy, which is enough for me to keep repurchasing it.

on 12/29/2014 5:57:00 AM

It give me burn feeling when I apply it on my face, after using it when I put on toner my skin feel hurt. Not know if it's normal or just too strong for me. Will use the rest on my body instead of my face.

on 11/14/2014 4:44:00 AM

Iím not a massive fan or user of face masks, so it has to be a pretty special one for me to use on a regular basis and consider repurchasing. And in the case of this face mask it's ticked both of those boxesÖ

Although this says itís a moisturising mask for normal/dry skin, Iíve actually found this to be perfect for my oily/combination skin. Unlike the face masks that are supposedly aimed at my skin type Ė which often leave my face feeling sore and stripped of moisture Ė this feels like itís doing something beneficial. Itís great to apply just before getting into a warm bath as itís quite cooling on the skin, and it doesnít dry out or go all flaky either.

The consistency of this is quite thick (think slightly cooled porridge) and as you would expect from a honey and oat mask, it has pieces of oat in it. Itís very easy to apply, but it can get quite messy so I would recommend applying this in the bathroom, close to a sink so you can wash your hands afterwards (and avoid the risk of dropping it on your bedroom carpet). I donít think this smells of anything in particular, but the scent is quite pleasant and not astringent in any way.

I usually leave this on for about 10 minutes Ė 15 minutes if Iím feeling particularly indulgent and donít have to be anywhere Ė and then wash off gently with a facecloth soaked in warm water. This leaves me face feeling really smooth and hydrated, and looking quite radiant. It doesnít exacerbate my oily skin or irritate the dryer parts of my face either, so as far as Iím concerned thatís a win all round.

At £10.00 this is much cheaper than most of the high-end brands, but I would say itís comparable to a number of them in terms of the positive results Iíve experienced since using it. I would have no hesitation in repurchasing this and would definitely consider choosing this over a higher-end brand in the future.

on 9/18/2014 4:55:00 PM

Most importantly; it smells like heaven.

The mask smells so good I want to eat it, but it doesn't taste as good as it smells, so don't do that. Other than that; an okay/good mask, that keeps the skin soft and clean. But that's about it. It's an alright product, that happens to smell amazingly good. The smell itself is wort buying it again and again.

Final summation:
No big superpowers to it, just a ridiculously heavenly smell. But that's okay.

Popular Masks