October 20, 2014 | 976 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by shizznizz

Most importantly; it smells like heaven.

The mask smells so good I want to eat it, but it doesn't taste as good as it smells, so don't do that. Other than that; an okay/good mask, that keeps the skin soft and clean. But that's about it. It's an alright product, that happens to smell amazingly good. The smell itself is wort buying it again and again.

Final summation:
No big superpowers to it, just a ridiculously heavenly smell. But that's okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by solzae

If you don't want to read the rest of my blab, here is the short version: This mask made my skin soft and glowy. It's good.

And here is the rest of my blab:
Before I used this mask, the skin on the left side of my forehead was really dry and scaly, and would peel. It was just that spot giving me problems, and no matter how much moisturizer I put on that area, after a while the skin would still go dry and peel. My skin also gets pretty dull because I sit in front of the computer a lot and I don't always get enough sleep. The mask definitely helped with these issue, and it made my skin soft and bright.

The mask has a sweet smell, though it might be a bit strong for some people. It says that the mask exfoliates but the pieces of oats in the mask don't do that. I just use an exfoliator before applying the mask. I'm also not sure about the cleansing aspect either. I tried to use the mask after just rinsing my face and after I washed the mask off, my pores were still visibly clogged. If I wash my face with a cleanser beforehand, this does not happen.

I let the mask sit for 15-30 min, even though the packaging says you don't need that long. I tried letting it sit for different amounts of time, and I found that I got the best results when I let it sit for about 30 min. The suggested 10 min was not enough to get the same glowy result, and once I let it sit for an hour, but the result wasn't much different from 30 min. There is a tingly/cooling sensation when the mask is sitting, I don't know what that is supposed to do. After a while it goes away/you get used to it so it shouldn't be a big problem.

After washing it off, my skin is noticeably softer with no dry spots, and my face has a peachy glow. I never bothered with face masks before but after using this I cannot go back to my old ways. The price for a 100ml tub is $18 CAD, so it's not cheap. My mom bought this on sale later on, 3 items for half price, and now I have 3 tubs of this stuff. Buy it on sale and your wallet and your face will thank you.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by elizabethyong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Check out my little video review here:

I love using this product, especially when my skin feels irritated. Oatmeal helps calm my skin down, and I like that this product is mess-free, and smells divine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Simply the best TBS skincare product by far. I cannot do without this weekly sumptuous treatment. I leave it to dry for 10 minutes, and after a good rinse with warm water, I find my skin is radiant and soft. The lumpy texture and yummy smell make it for a special experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by meltaylor114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to review this product because it's a life saver. I use it once a week for about 15-20 mins.

The first time I used it, I felt like it tingled a lot so, thinking I was having a bad reaction, I washed it off within about 5 mins. My skin looked fine and actually felt quite nice so a few days later I tried it again and I felt the same tingling feeling but it subsides within about 5 minutes. I think it's just how it works and it doesn't feel painful or anything!

The smell isn't that wonderful to me but it isn't unpleasant, either. It feels nice going on, as it exfoliates your skin as well as moisturises it. After I rinse it off using a muslin face cloth, my skin is glowing and extremely soft! It seems to reduce any spots or blemishes, and evens out my skintone too. I follow with Vitamin E face cream from The Body Shop and I'm left with really soft and radiant skin. My HG product, can't live without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by joana7

Nice mask for dry winter skin! It's mild and the smell is nice. Does not tingle or irritate my skin in any way. One thing I really like about it is that it's not runny so you can actually have it on your face and do stuff around the house without it dripping down. Because I feel that it is not very exfoliating by itself, I wet my hands and remove it with circular movements when it's time to take it off... I can then feel a gentle exfoliation. After removing the mask, my skin is left soft and more even.
This is not a miracle worker BUT it is definitely a nice treat for your skin. Extra points for being reasonably priced and not tested on animals!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by PetuniaCom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stung my face right when I applied it when I first bought it. So I washed it off right away. Decided not to throw it out, and about almost a year later, I thought I'd give it another shot. It stung like it did, but I kept it on, and the feeling went away completely after a few minutes. I washed it off and applied my usual cream on, and noticed my face was GLOWING. I expected red spots or something, but it definitely did its job. Just get past the stingy feeling, since it's only temporary, you'll be happy with the results. Don't rely on this for the exfoliating properties though, because the oats won't do that.

Definitely repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Kaolin and honey are good ingredients for a face mask, but I don't think this one does any wonders, and I don't think it's worth the price. Also, the exfoliating pieces don't do anything, so the "3 in 1" is a joke. Plus the ingredient list is a long tirade of unnatural stuff including lots of parabens.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by mauvellous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Wish I read reviews here before buying because it felt as though it was burning my skin, particularly on my cheeks (I'm combination-dry). Scent is nice, though. But I can't bear to throw it away, so now I'm using it as a shaving cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by JoyaJay

I love this mask for especially one reason: The smell! It smells so insanely delicious. I have combination/oily skin, this is supposed to be for normal/dry skin. Not sure if it did heaps for my skin, personally. But just putting it on my face is glorious. I'd still recommend it!