The Body Shop Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Water, Oat (Avena Sativa) Bran, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Honey, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Sodium Lactate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenoxyethanol, Hectorite, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, Saccharide Isomerate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Caramel.

This was my First purchase from The Body Shop. I wanted to buy the blue corn mask but the SA convinced me to buy this one. And I fell in love with it the first time I used it!

I have combination oily skin which becomes dry in patches in winter which no amount of intensive skin care could take care of.

During winter, I would wake up in the morning with those gross dry patches on my cheeks. However, once I started using this mask twice a week, my dry patches have vanished and have not returned in the last 5-6 years.

I keep this mask on for 15-20 minutes. After that I take a wash cloth/ thick cotton wad and about 4-5 tbsp on cold creamy milk. I dip the cotton in the milk, squeeze off the extra milk and rub my face with the mask on in circular motion. It really exfoliates the skin better and my face literally glows. I usually get compliments about my glowing skin even from strangers!

It's a lifesaver and yes I would buy this again and again as long TBS have it on their shelves.

I love this mask. It's a luxurious feel and the smell is divine. It's a little on the pricey side, but for the treatment I think it's worth it. It's moisturising but not so much so that you feel oily for the rest of the day. It does offer a light exfoliation, not abrasive, which is great if you use it 1-2 times a week as recommended! Brilliant product- a treat for the skin.

This was blah... It wasn't anything extraordinary but I got this at 45% off. It's definitely not a scrub. It also does tingle/burn your face a little upon application. It moisturizes a little but not significantly. That's all I have to say about this one.... >_<

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really enjoy using this mask. I only need to apply a small amount to cover my face and it has a creamy texture with exfoliation particles which feel like oatmeal. This mask does not provide a strong exfoliation however, just a mild one. It tightens slightly as it dries on my face, however it does not sting as mentioned in some other reviews, even though my skin is sensitive. The mask rinses easily and leaves the skin leaving hydrated and soft. The mask also has a pleasant smell and comes in a generous amount which, as you only need to use very little, lasts for quite a long time.

My absolute favourite mask!! It feels so soft when it's on the skin. I've used it a few times and my skin always feels so soft and refreshed after. Has a slight oaty smell but nothing I found overpowering. But last night I used it and something strange and unexpected happened. I have some clogged pores on my face, and a particularly bad patch on my one cheek. I so happened to decide to switch moisturisers that night to see if that would be the problem to my clogged pores. So anyways, I decided to use the Honey And Oats mask after I washed my face, and my clogged pores on my cheek went down in size?! And it happens coincidentally the same night I decide to switch moisturisers to try and prevent clogged pores.. Kinda weird. I am still in disbelief and I don't expect that to be a regular occurance with the mask, but nonetheless I was extremely happy and love this mask. It's a little pricey (I think over $20 in Canada) but it's worth every penny. And a little goes a long way.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The first time I tried this I made a mistake. I didn't wash if off well enough and my face felt super greasy and not very great for the remainder of the day. Then I tried it again a little while later, this time I rinsed my face really well after I was done and the nasty greasiness was gone. My face felt really smooth and supple, and my moisturizer seemed to sink in much better that day. As others have mentioned, forget about the scrub part. You will be disappointed if you're gonna buy it for that. I have a scrub I am happy with so I wasn't buying it for that reason. This is really just a mask, and I got what I was looking for. The scent is alright. Nothing to write home about, but not unpleasant either. Will probably repurchase as I'm a huge mask fan and love having different ones around.

I've tried all of body shop's masks (they're all really good) including the Vitamin E, Aloe, and Nutriganics, but this one is my MUST HAVE FAVORITE. It has a soft fluffy creamy texture with little bits of oatmeal that never dries or hardens on your skin; it smells like honey mixed with vanilla; and feels incredibly soothing and relaxing on your face. If time permits, I leave this on for 40 minutes to maximize the impact of the mask. After you take this off, your face just looks visibly cleaner, brighter and relaxed.

This mask has done nothing for my skin. My skin doesn't feel any different after use. Not moisturized, but not dry either. It doesn't look plumper, or clearer for that matter.

However, I do find it smells nice, and is a nice treat to put on a mask to relax.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Would I recommend or repurchase? Uh, yes. I'm on my fifth tub (at least) and I keep repurchasing. I have oily combination skin, some hyper pigmentation and minor monthly cycle of blemishes. I use this mask 2+ times per week and its main impact is hydration and calming. Its effects last 1 - 2 days but I doubt it does anything long term.

This is not a miracle worker but it perks my skin up when it lacks lustre and used regularly keeps everything looking plump and fresh. I like to use when I have a break out because this seems to calm things down a bit. It helps to reduce size and redness, but I wouldn't say it speeds recovery or helps with post-pimple pigmentation.

I find the honey oaty scent calming and refreshing. It doesn't sting or cause any break outs. I feels like my skin is deep cleansed but I don't have any blocked pores or anything, so who knows. It goes on like oat meal and it dries but doesn't harden like a regular clay mask. My skin feels refreshed but not stripped or tight when I remove (requires a cloth or shower, don't even bother trying to splash it off).

This is a good solid performer, it's easy to find and comes at a good price. The packaging is nothing to write home about but it's functional. Overall, I love this mask and it has the rare distinction of actually helping the look and feel of my skin. I definitely recommend to anyone and will keep re-purchasing.

Like all The Body Shop products, this mask smells amazing. The texture of it reminds me of cake mix with oat flakes in it. When I first put it on my skin it does sting a little, I'm not sure why. But after the initial sting it feels cooling on my face. The mask doesn't really dry out and I leave mine on for fifteen minutes before removing it with a warm, damp cloth. It removes easily and leaves my skin really glowy. Other than that it doesn't really do anything drastic to my skin except make it look super healthy, which is enough for me to keep repurchasing it.

Popular Masks