Dior Rouge Transparent Lipstick in Sheer Pansy

on 5/18/2005 8:05:00 PM

I have repurchased Sheer Pansy several times since it came out, which is a rare feat. It's simply one of my favorite face-enhancing colors. It belongs to the family of mauves, but that is like saying "Citizen Kane" belongs to the category of biopics. On my pigmented, rosy lips, it goes on as the best sheer mauvey rose. With a few more swipes, I can deepen the color. But, what makes the color especially lovely is the glistening finish that is both glossy and polished. The end result is that while you won't attract attention to your lips, people will comment on how nice and pulled-together you look as they fail to single out the standout feature. A true no-brainer, it's perfect for a natural and subtly defined face.

Well, I'm a sucker for sheer lipsticks... This one has a beautiful colour and decent staying power too. "Sheer pansy" is a very wearable colour. I like the way this is both glossy and a bit shimmery at the same time. It leaves a beautiful stain on your lips as it fades...

on 1/3/2003 8:01:00 AM

The Rouge Transparent lipsticks are beautiful- a sheer, slightly shimmery wash of colour which is gorgeous on their own or layered over another shade.

Sheer Pansy is my favourite- reminds me of a less pigmented and more glossy version of Vincent Longo's Foolish Virgin Lipstain. It's super glossy, and very wet-look. The colour is a muted mauve shade, and very flattering. continued >>

Recommended for Medium Skin