October 30, 2014 | 1656 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Addict Lipstick in Positive Red

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by ichorous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

lovely red shade. It is in the cool spectrum, but definitely verging on neutral, and with the addition of the golden sparkles warmer skins can wear it too.

Lipsticky scent, applies well. Slightly drying, and doesn't wear very nice on me, so a constant reapplication is necessary.
Still a staple in my collection for those days when I need brightening up. Always gets me compliments, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 8:53:00 AM More reviews by nelson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful "knock 'em dead" red lipstick for those with fairer complexions. I was to suprised to read that this is a blue based red as it definately has a more subtle orangy sparkly look to it that suits me to a "T". I have pale skin with yellow undertones and very dark eyebrows, kind of strange! I bought another CD lipstick while at a duty free shop at the airport and i almost swore off red lipstick as it looked absolutely horrible on me, as does any make-up in the blue-mauve spectrum. I only haven't given this 5 stars as i would prefer it without the sparkle (however subtle it may be), however the texture and density of pigment is wonderful. Will buy again when i eventually run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Codeblue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

With my fair coloring, I looked and looked for the perfect red for me and finally found this one. I've gotten lots of compliments from friends who want to know what it is and who makes it. I've always looked clownish in red lipsticks, but this one's going to be "my" red. Kudos!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by krnsnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this red. It's classy, elegant, and makes my face look alive rather than washed out as most red lipsticks do. I had heard about the "significant" lead content, but honestly I'm not using the color everyday nor do I think 0.21 parts per million is going to be detrimental to my health (certainly not more detrimental than drinking eight glasses of water a day for all the years of my life). Do you really think 1 lead particle in 4,761,904.76 particles is going to lead to a reduced IQ? Don't take my word for it, I'm just a chemical engineer so what would I know. =]

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by flyingheadlice

A classy and beautiful red, but a report last year showed that this was one of the lipsticks with the highest lead content. Heres the link
better settle with another product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a really beautiful, true red lipstick. It's a bold color but not overpowering. It's rare to find a nice blue-red lipstick but this is. It's creamy and comfortable, my lips feel so great with this on top of them. I will buy this again and again. It's perfect for a night out on the town or even for day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 8:02:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been searching high and low to find that perfect blue based red without crossing the line to garish. I must admit this one is quite beautiful. It looked like it might be too stark for me so I hesitated to buy it a first. Then I found out that this was the red lipstick that Anne Hathaway wore at the end of "Devil Wears Prada" and then I just had to have it. I loved the lipstick on her and wondered what it was she was wearing in that film (found out it was Benetint for most of the movie then this lipstick at the end). I saw an interview with the make up artist at Sephora and this was the lipstick used. I bought it and must admit it's more shimmery then I imagined. The case is gorgeous and the formula exquisite. I am not used to a lipstick feeling so moisturizing as this one does. It's very creamy and glittery without going overboard. I don't usually like any shine to my lips however I found myself not wanting to blot this because it was that pretty. I did blot and it turns into a beautiful matte red that I really love. I don't know why but the color reminds me of Christmas It's a real holiday type shimmery red that's hard to describe. It screams special occasion but I'm bold enough to wear this every day. Gorgeous red without looking orange (though it may appear that it will cross that line it doesn't).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 11:42:00 AM More reviews by TerracottaSun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This I found to be 1 of those evening wear lipsticks, the shade on my golden/yellowish tone complexion comes across quite bold so not to be worn in the daytime, but come nightfall with the added flair of Diorkiss lip gloss on top, wa-lah! Totally fantastic! I love Dior's Addict lipsticks, the texture & pigment is perfect, not to mention the glamor of the bullet shaped tube itself, makes a excellent present for someone as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Zelora

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am just getting into Dior lipsticks. I tried Positive Red as part of my eternal search for a red I can wear. This isn't it. It looks garish on me no matter what I do. I tried dabbing it on as a stain and toning it down with a gloss in a lighter color, and still looked like Bozo the Clown. So I took it back to Sephora and exchanged it for Sparkling Violet, which works for me. (I am a LLL with yellowish-tones in my skin - Prescriptives "Champagne" - and pink-lavender tones in my lip pigmentation!)
So far my favorite red (for the record) is Vincent Longo's Lipstain in Cherry.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by yoshio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely the best red lipstick I've found in recent years. I asked the salesperson at Sephora to show me a true red lipstick and we had the hardest time finding a real red in any of the usual suspects (NARS, Longo, Body & Soul, etc.). Then I suggested we look at some Euro brands and we found this one. I'm a redhead and this color is knockout gorgeous with my coloring. The dh is crazy about it which is always a plus! Super smooth texture so you can layer from light to intense. Love the shimmer. I've been wearing it constantly because it gives my whole look a lift.