April 25, 2014 | 1658 users online

Highlighters - Giorgio Armani - Fluid Sheer #2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous highlighter. It is a champagne colour with a hint of pink that is perfect for my NC15 skintone. I use this mainly on my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, and as e/s primer. It performs beautifully leaving me with a 'my skin but better' look all day. Great for those minimalist days and/or work day. I am loving this because it's foolproof and so easy to use. I just dab dab dab and then blend it with my fingers. Sheer perfection. I soemtimes (on weekends) mix this with my sunscreen and/or foundation (Luminous Silk #3 to add an extra glow). LOVE THIS.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a disappointment. I've been looking for something to replace Stila's All Over Shimmer in #1 (the one in the tube), and thought this might be the one. It's not. It's pinkish and glittery, while the Stila product was neutral beige, shimmery, and perfect for adding to foundation to give skin a pickup. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

Well this is far too glittery for me, i guess this highliter is good for the body though! I never ever use it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by belladonnawildheart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite highlighter of all time. For ref. I have light/med skintone with neutral undertones and I'm in my late 30s with a few fine lines. My complexion can get dull especially in the winter/early spring. I've tried Benefits High Beam, BB shimmerbricks, MACs MSF, Dior Flash, Shiesido, Nars, ect. You name it, I've probably tried it. This stuff is HG for sure. It leaves this glow on my face like no other. It isnt overly frosty and it doesnt have ANY glitter whatsoever. Its a very thin fluid containing micro-particles and it just melts into my skin and looks completely natural...almost as if I'm glowing from within. To describe the shade...hmmm. The hue is a like a mixture of MACs Naked Lunch and Shroom eyeshadow. Its a really beautiful pinky beige shimmer.
How I use this: First prep my face with moisturizer, then I put two pumps my foundation (GAs LSF #5) on the back of my hand and use a damp brush to stipple it onto my face. I blend most the foundation then I mix a few drops of the fluid sheer with the remaining foundation on my hand. I continue to stipple this on my cheekbones and blend upwards around my eyes and even a little bit on my cupids bow. If I'm really in a rush and dont have time for eyeshadow, I'll also blend this over my eyelids and just use a bit of gel liner to tightline. I set with MUFE HD powder and sweep just a bit of blush on my cheeks. The end results are a very healthy, youthful glow.
My only gripe is the price. It IS expensive, but fortunately you dont need much so a bottle should last quite some time. I highly recommend this product for mature skin. It really has made a significant difference to my finish look.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by sirtaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

girls its the worst illimunator I have ever used.I used chanel sun kissed, ans nars orgasm illuminator than I love armani's bronzer so I decided to try armanies illuminator. its very bad I am wearing it with smashbox brush but result is awfull it seems with segmentations. I will never buy it again and so suprised because of its mua rating. I didnt sent it rubbisbean I am mixing it with my foundation but doesnt changing the result so much. bad product at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nope sorry, i don't get it! This has broken my GA cosmetics love spell! I usually love GA products but this one is TOTALLY lost on me!-I've tried it with my Luminous Silk foundation and it may add a little greasy shine to my skin but what it the point in that anyway?? At 32 quid, what is the point in this product? Instyle magazine listed it as the best skin illuminator for best beauty buys 2010!-maybe i just don't particularly need this product for myself or got it in the wrong shade. But either way I'm ever beautiful without it. 32 quid i didn't need to spend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by gypsytejas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use Armani fluid sheer number 3 in the summer. I add it to my sunscreen so I get some color and protection. It's for those days (which is nearly every day in the summer) when I don't want makeup on but want to look a little better. Though I like it and think it's a luxurious product. I won't but it again because it's so darned expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Of all my liquid highlighters, this is my favorite. I tend to choose powder forms over liquid for ease and speed, simply because I can sort of dust it wherever and it'll never be noticeable enough to show a flawed application. I have to be more careful when I use liquid or cream highlighters and I'm not always patient enough for that. But this is pretty foolproof and always looks beautiful, no matter how I apply it.

The versatility of the formula is one of the main appeals. I apply a drop in my moisturizer for days when I'm just lazing around the house but want a little something. It's never obvious or overdone. My skin just looks naturally lovely. Similarly, I apply a pump to my liquid foundation (Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk) for a more luminous effect. That was the big selling point for me because it truly makes liquid foundation into something special. I don't wear liquid foundation often but when I do, this is a must. Or I apply a few drops to my cream/liquid blush.
Most often though I apply 1 or 2 pumps to the back of my hand, then use my stippling brush to blend it really well over my bare face ("bare" meaning moisturized, with sunscreen). Then I just dust my usual powder foundation (Chanel Double Perfection Compact) lightly over it.

When I actually put the time into a precise application it looks just as beautiful. Tops of my cheekbones, browbones, bridge of my nose, inner eye corners, etc. I even use it on my eyelids for a gleaming effect. Though I find the texture to be very sheer and light, it can be built up to be very dense and intentional.

The color is a beautiful champagne with a slight pink cast. Works well on my pale skin. I've never had a problem with it irritating me, which only furthers my love. The sanitary pump bottle is great, but I agree with a few of the other reviewers who mentioned that it can be difficult to control the amount dispensed. A little goes a very long way so the price is well worth it. I want to try a few of the other Fluid Sheers, but this one will always be a staple color.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by MaddyLanechange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would like to re-purchase but I just can't justify spending that much money. This product is expensive! I mix this with my Luminous Silk Foundation from GA and it looks absolutely stunning. The product just adds more glow to my foundation, without looking too shiney or shimmery. The shimmer is just sooo fine that it's hardly noticeable...what's noticeable is the overall effect. Glow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 6:04:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, I tried this today for the first time...so probably it is too early to make a complete review but I promise I will update in a few days if my feeling about it changes.
I liked very much the shade: it is a subtle pale yellow shade wit subtle shimmer, supposed to illuminate your skin.
I tried to use it as it is recommended here: I mixed it with my today's foundation (La Mer, so a good one), to get that extra glow.
I mixed a dime sized quantity to the foundation, I applied and blended well. Wait. Nothing different. I did not notice anything different. So I tought it was too little.
Then I thought about the second recommended use for this product: to highlight cheekbones and undereye ares.
So i did this, over the foundation. It was a very obvious shimmer and the area jumped out unnaturally. I used a lot of loose powder to buffer that discoball effect.
Immediately after that the product started creasing in the undereye lines... No good. blended again with brush. Applied some bronzer on the whole face as I was too white (the shimmer + the powder).
A few hour laters: I am watching my face in the mirrow.
Well, probably it's not a good skin day but I do not like my colour today! there is something wrong and I cannot say what it is exactly.
As I said I will update when I try other better uses /combinations for this product, but up to now it did not do any good to me.