April 20, 2014 | 1705 users online

Top/Base Coats - Wet 'n' Wild - Clear Nail Protector

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Synfonia04

AMAZING SHINE, PROTECTION, AND JUST OVERALL PRODUCT.

Its absolutely great! This is the best top coat I've used and it's only a $1! Sometimes it's on sale for $0.80 which is perfect. It keeps my polish on for a good 2 weeks. I can't ask for anything better.

Nothing beats the price and product. GREAT polish

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by MissKayleyKay

I must be the minority but I hate this. Even the price can't make me like it. I've tried on numerous formulas and brands to make it work but no go.
Made my polish sort of goopy even when applied to dry polish. On polish applied the day before it still pulled up my color- ie turning the brush blue. Not that shiny. Does not apply smoothly and I have to really work at it. Much prefer the out the door, seiche, china glaze or revlon top coats I've used. For a similar price, NYC Greenwich village clear coat is way better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by piratecris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by how good this topcoat is. I used it one day in a pinch when I couldn't find my usual Sally Hansen topcoat and my manicure lasted way longer than usual - a full week without chipping! It's continued to give me great results....and it's dirt cheap. Win! I took one tube off because the dry time is longer than I'm used to, and I've gotten the dreaded bedprint on my nails if I use this too close to bedtime. Nothing that takes away from the quality, though. Definitely recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by dnelledoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very Effective, hardened my soft and brittle nails. Very Cheap. And Lasted for 3 weeks :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought Opi for $9.00CDN and it chipped in 2 days, peeled off in big pieces within 5. (I use it on its own.) Wet n Wild cost $1.69 and it has lasted almost a week now. It isn't as high gloss as the Opi, which is preferable to me. I wish it had the wide, flat brush, but for $1.69, who cares?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I'm on my second bottle and I'll buy it forever. This product is great at giving a smooth super shiny finish. Plus, it's only $1, wow! Because it's so inexpensive I feel like I can apply a liberal amount and really get a good layer onto my nail. As far as chipping, I painted my nails on a Thursday afternoon w/ Wet'n'Wild Megalast in the shade Tropicalia ($2, which I've also reviewed) and this as the topcoat. I just barely started seeing minor chipping on Tuesday morning. That's pretty good considering I used two inexpensive products and did my own nails. I used to use OPI polishes and Sally Hansen topcoats w/ similar results, so why pay more if Wet'n'Wild is the same (or better) quality?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is actually amazing. It's glossy, but not TOO glossy like some top coats, It dries quickly, It's easy to apply, and It's SO CHEAP. i paid like $2 for it and i don't even feel the need to try others. Amazing! Definitely try this before you try high end ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ohemeffgee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great top coat for dirt cheap. Works just as well as any high end top coat I've used, and can be had for under a dollar at any drugstore you come across. Leaves a glossy, level look, dries quickly, and makes your manicure last over a week if you're careful about it. Best drugstore nail find IME along with Revlon Colorstay base coat. Go out and get some so you can do away with spending $10 on a top coat :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

It says nail protector but this is my favorite topcoat. It's cheap, shiny, cheap, self-leveling with good flow, cheap, fast drying, cheap, durable and cheap.

It's not thick enough to smooth out gritty textures, but since I don't usually wear gritty textures I don't see why I should spend more for topcoat. About the only way they could improve this as far as I'm concerned (and I know some will disagree with me) is to give it the new wide brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works great as a base coat and a top coat, dries VERY fast, and it's so cheap! It was 69 cents at CVS last week! I use it for Frankening also.