November 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Blush - NARS - Deep Throat

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I Have a few Nars blushes and this would be one of my favourites, though unlike my other Nars blushes this does not last on me all day, if I'm going out later on I always need to touch this one up to re-freshen it a little and bring some colour back.

On my NC15 yellow under-toned skin this gives me a pretty soft peachy-pink with subtle gold highlight glow that buffed in well looks like natural healthy slightly flushed skin. As I am more on the fair side I don't need much of this blush to build up the colour - I find two applications with the brush tapped off for each cheek is more than enough and even though it does give a bit of a glow I still like to high-light minimally over this blush. I love the effect of the Nars multiples - especially "Luxor" over this blush.

My current favorite application for Deep Throat is the ELF flat top powder brush as it really buffs it in for a lit from within look. I think this will eventually be a repurchase but as I don't need much I can see this lasting a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by swtlitchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Deep Thoat is a deeper version of Orgasm and is a deeper peach/pink color with some shimmer/sparkle. I like that there is a reflective quality in the finish, it makes a person look like they are glowing and healthy. I am NC35, and this color is great when I have a bit of a tan. NARS blushes are really pigmented- one pan can last you over a year even if it was the only blush you owned. The product blends well and has good staying power- I don't notice a lot of fading as I do with some other blushes.

The packaging is NARS' signature black rectangle packaging- with a mirror included, and a clear plastic insert that I oddly keep in the pan (very snobby of me to keep anything that has a label). I love the look of the packaging, but hate that the dang things get so dirty with product! I have cleaned the outside of these compacts with a makeup wipe, and they clean up at that point.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best NARS blushes, in my opinion. I was hesitant to pick this one up initially because it's so light - blushes tend to fade on my olive skin. I have to pack it on a little more than I normally have to, but it does show up eventually with a warm peachy-pink slightly-shimmery flush that pulls together my most boring neutral looks and gives them more oomph. It doesn't last the whole day on me though, so one lippie off for that. Packaging is typical NARS, sleek, chic...unidentifiable in a messy makeup bag. Another workhorse for me. Ride or die!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by ang_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hello gorgeous blush, where have you been all my life?!

Over a decade ago, when NARS first arrived in Australia, I tried a whole bunch of their blushes, including Orgasm and Torrid. Neither of these (or the others I tried, names now forgotten) lived up to my expectations. Orgasm was just gold shimmer, Torrid made me look feverish. So I swore off NARS blushes.

Recently, I had the opportunity to try Deep Throat, which did not exist at the time I tried the others. Oh my! I love it. On me (NC25) it's the perfect warm glowy pink. It makes me look alive and refreshed, and now that I'm much older than I was when I tried NARS, I do need that pick me up.

I'm delighted to have found this and would recommend it for anyone looking for a natural (not shimmery but glowy) fresh blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So this has to be one of my favorite blushes! It applies very nicely on the skin, and I donít even need to blend it in, because it is such a natural look! Honestly for bronzers and blushes I will only purchase NARS because their products apply to best! I was worried this product would be shimmery on my face because I have oily skin I try to avoid shimmer, but it was not shimmery at all! I would defiantly suggest this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by hberlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A sales associate described this to me as a less intense version of Orgasm for daytime. Well that's probably right, I feel like I can't even see it on my olive skin. My sister has slightly lighter skin than me and it looks lovely on her. A nice peachy iridescence. I have to put on so many layers for it to show up, and its still just too subtle for me. It also breaks me out slightly. I have sensitive skin, so that may not be the case for others.

Gorgeous shade, but I suggest trying it out to see if the pigmentation is enough for you and if it reacts well with your skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc30-35

I got a sample size in a Nars kit from sephora. This color is a pretty shimmery baby pink. Formula is awesome, which is no surprise with nars products.

Personally, I don't really care for the color on myself. It doesn't give me the flushed, natural look that I get from milani's luminoso, which is very similar to this blush. I would not purchase the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Currently my HG blush. I like a blush that make me look like flushed, not obvious. My skin is nc20, this give a slight color on my skin. I opt for this than orgasm as i have oily skin, i read that Orgasm have some glitter, glitters dont work well on my very oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I felt "meh" about this blush, and I really wanted to like it. It wasn't bad but it wasn't better than Nars' Orgasm which I have used and loved for years. Its too pricey to keep both if I feel I already have something superior and they are similar. For reference, my skin is NC20-25 (olive complexion and light yellow undertones) What is odd is when I swatched it on my iner wrist at Sephora, the Deep throat looked darker and more peach, while Orgasm looked lighter and pink. Yet when applied on my cheeks the orgasm was peachier and showed up more while Deep Throat looked pink. I had friends vote, and they said the Orgasm wins because it looked peachy pink while Deep Throat looked brownish pink and "too harsh" on my skin (didnt blend as well into my skin as the Orgasm). So back to Sephora this one goes. I wouldn't say its a bad color though, and probably better for people with lighter skin tones than myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by sarachancy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to blush when I want a "safe" choice of blush color. It goes with any styles of make up. It looks slightly chalky when first apply but blends beautifully with your foundation upon 30-60 mins upon its application.