Merle Norman Lava eye shadow

4.8

on 1/25/2006 6:53:00 PM

This eye shadow goes on beautifully and is perfect for a smoky eye...doesn't look trashy. It is kind of a purplish gray and it has a nice shimmer to it. Definitely one of the best eye shadows out there...

on 1/4/2006 5:25:00 PM

Simply put, Merle Norman e/s are truly the best, and this Lava shade is no exception. I wore this as a crease color (paired up w/ 'Ice' as an allover color); I wore this combination for Christmas & New Year's Eve this year with a long black boucle/wool skirt, a black tank top underneath a shimmery pale blue cardigan & silver jewelry & it was just gorgeous. This e/s also was a nice compliment to my blue/grey eyes. I highly recommend this shade.

PS: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE FABULOUS MUA'ers OUT THERE!!! xoxo...Amy

on 3/12/2005 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is one of my all time favorite eyeshadow colors. This is a slightly shimmery, charcoal lavender taupe. I have very warm skin and this still looks gorgeous on me. Honestly I haven't put this on anyone that it looked bad on. It's especially great on green eyes because the slight lavender undertone makes green and hazel eyes just pop. This is a great versatile color that can be used for the smokey eye look, can be lightly blended for a great crease color, or can be used to create a very dramatic cat eye. It blends beautifully and just looks gorgeous on. This color and bobbi brown's taupe are my two must haves for my home and professional kit.

on 1/2/2003 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm not familiar with the Merle Norman line but I received this eyeshadow tester as an extra in a swap and it is just the coolest..It a greyed medium taupe with silver lavendar undertones and the slightest frost..Goes on smoothly and is a beautiful crease shade or a base for a smokey eye..