July 22, 2014 | 1052 users online

Polishes - Urban Decay - Nail Enamel

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Cug198

This is my first time wearing an Urban Decay polish. I am wearing the shade "Bruise" right now, a gorgeous purple-burgundy/aqua-green metallic duochrome. I love the color - it is very one-of-a-kind and beautiful. Applies smoothly and dries quickly. However, there is a big problem with this polish - it is chipping very easily! I put this on last night and as of this afternoon, I have 2 huge chips on different fingers. I haven't been doing anything strenuous with my hands at all - there is no excuse for this polish to chip this quickly. I don't know if all UD polishes are like this, but this one certainly is, and it's a bummer because I have never seen a polish this unique shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2008 5:59:00 AM More reviews by tanno123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic Chanel quality colours but they chip far too easily

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2008 7:52:00 AM More reviews by viktoriamalik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Urban Decay did some absolutely amazing nail polish colours but unfortunately, the quality of the nail polish was extremely poor! I found that the polishes chipped within a couple of hours of applying them, despite using a top quality base coat and top coat. :-/ They're okay for toe nails but a real no go for finger nails if you don't want to be redoing your nails on a daily basis.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by B_Lush

I was being sentimental and thought I'd paint Urban Decay's Bruise on my toenails last week. I'm still hanging on to my bottle I bought years ago which was still half full that I decided to visit UD's website to see if they still have it on their last chance section. I was too late. The color still came out amazing on my toes despite my old bottle. I used a very good topcoat and so far still no chipping. I hope they bring it back soon. It's the goth-colored nail polishes that made Urban Decay famous, it's just sad that they have to abolish it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

How can a company that makes such great eye makeup and that wonderful Primer Potion make such truly awful nail polishes?

Once upon a time, UD made great nail polish - I remember a silver shade called Spare Change which lasted for over a week with minimal chipping. Alas, for whatever reason, UD changed their formula, and now I paint my nails on Sunday and half of the polish is chipped off on Monday.

The quality of this polish ranks beyond "bad" to "abysmal," and if I could give it negative lippies I would. Luckily, I bought my UD nail polishes at a discount because they are now discontinued. But seriously - drugstore brands Maybelline and Cover Girl put out far better polishes for far less money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2006 1:47:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought three of these, and that's 3 too many. Their colors are awesome, but the formula is just the worst. I mean, 99 cent WNW is worlds better. UD polish looks great, but chips as soon as it dries. Also, it gets goopy, and it costs WAY too much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2006 5:44:00 AM More reviews by bellasera973

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i just put it on last night... and its chipping already.

yeah.

it sucks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2006 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

These are a hit and miss for me. Some shades are fantastic, others are horrible. I used Sin, and it was gorgeous on my toenails. But then I used another color ( can't remember what) and it was all gross and runny and chipped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2005 11:51:00 AM More reviews by star811

Urban Decay polishes are of wonderful quality-- it stays on without a top coat and without chipping for a few days (and then a top coat usually extends its life by a few more days.) The color is rich and perfect in consistency. I love the colors I own (Toxin, O, and Metropolitan.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2005 9:59:00 AM More reviews by helend

I love the colours, I always wear the bright ones on my toes and they look really cute. They last well and don't smell too strong