Urban Decay Nail Enamel

3.0

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/25/2009 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my first time wearing an Urban Decay polish. I am wearing the shade "Bruise" right now, a gorgeous purple-burgundy/aqua-green metallic duochrome. I love the color - it is very one-of-a-kind and beautiful. Applies smoothly and dries quickly. However, there is a big problem with this polish - it is chipping very easily! I put this on last night and as of this afternoon, I have 2 huge chips on different fingers. I haven't been doing anything strenuous with my hands at all - there is no excuse for this polish to chip this quickly. I don't know if all UD polishes are like this, but this one certainly is, and it's a bummer because I have never seen a polish this unique shade.

on 3/17/2008 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Fantastic Chanel quality colours but they chip far too easily

Urban Decay did some absolutely amazing nail polish colours but unfortunately, the quality of the nail polish was extremely poor! I found that the polishes chipped within a couple of hours of applying them, despite using a top quality base coat and top coat. :-/ They're okay for toe nails but a real no go for finger nails if you don't want to be redoing your nails on a daily basis.

on 1/13/2008 12:15:00 AM

I was being sentimental and thought I'd paint Urban Decay's Bruise on my toenails last week. I'm still hanging on to my bottle I bought years ago which was still half full that I decided to visit UD's website to see if they still have it on their last chance section. I was too late. The color still came out amazing on my toes despite my old bottle. I used a very good topcoat and so far still no chipping. I hope they bring it back soon. It's the goth-colored nail polishes that made Urban Decay famous, it's just sad that they have to abolish it.

on 11/17/2007 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

How can a company that makes such great eye makeup and that wonderful Primer Potion make such truly awful nail polishes?

Once upon a time, UD made great nail polish - I remember a silver shade called Spare Change which lasted for over a week with minimal chipping. Alas, for whatever reason, UD changed their formula, and now I paint my nails on Sunday and half of the polish is chipped off on Monday.

The quality of this polish ranks beyond "bad" to "abysmal," and if I could give it negative lippies I would. Luckily, I bought my UD nail polishes at a discount because they are now discontinued. But seriously - drugstore brands Maybelline and Cover Girl put out far better polishes for far less money.

on 11/19/2006 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I bought three of these, and that's 3 too many. Their colors are awesome, but the formula is just the worst. I mean, 99 cent WNW is worlds better. UD polish looks great, but chips as soon as it dries. Also, it gets goopy, and it costs WAY too much.

on 10/19/2006 5:44:00 AM

i just put it on last night... and its chipping already.

yeah.

it sucks.

on 10/13/2006 6:09:00 PM

These are a hit and miss for me. Some shades are fantastic, others are horrible. I used Sin, and it was gorgeous on my toenails. But then I used another color ( can't remember what) and it was all gross and runny and chipped.

on 8/25/2005 11:51:00 AM

Urban Decay polishes are of wonderful quality-- it stays on without a top coat and without chipping for a few days (and then a top coat usually extends its life by a few more days.) The color is rich and perfect in consistency. I love the colors I own (Toxin, O, and Metropolitan.)

on 7/21/2005 9:59:00 AM

I love the colours, I always wear the bright ones on my toes and they look really cute. They last well and don't smell too strong

Popular Polishes