August 1, 2014 | 1139 users online

Polishes - Revlon - ColorStay Always On Nail Enamel [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by AGeorgiaMember

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have finally gotten around to using a couple of these polishes that I purchased some time ago, and have found that they really do last IF you do what Revlon says and refrain from using a base coat.

At first, I did use a base coat (actually because of a MA review, I think !) and was unimpressed with the results.

But recently, I was feeling lazy and just put the polish right on the nails. For some reason, I never got around to putting on the top coat, but even without, the polish lasted for several days. I'm redoing my nails right now and will be putting that top coat on.

UNFORTUNATELY...I think these have been discontinued, as mpittman said 2 years ago! Too bad. I will say that the color selection was limited and some were not very pretty, but several were quite attractive.

Oh well--guess I'd better use what I have before it dries up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I give this innovative nailpolish duo 4 lippies just for performance alone. While I find it annoying to HAVE TO use these 2 bottles together, the truth is that using them together does result in super-longlasting manicures. The polish doesn't chip, crack, peel, dent, or otherwise blunder in any other way FAR longer than any other polish I've tried.
    The one really horrible thing about this collection is that the colors were 90% horrible. I liked only 1 or 2 colors (in the light pink category) & I found them to get thick rather quickly & became goopy when I tried to apply polish evenly.
    I have since stopped using the colors. I discarded them all, they were so ugly. I kept the clear top coats & use them with other regular polishes. Seems to work just as great.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by StaceyRoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in a rose colour, the name of which escapes me now. I found application pretty mess-free and true to it's name this polish did stay on well, especially as I used the accompanying sealant. The packging is cute and convenient, and the price was certainly right ($4 AUD). However, I found this polish really stained my nails, probably due to the same ingredients that give the polish it's 'always on' characteristics. Even though 2 weeks and a manicure - including a good buffing - have passed since last time I wore this polish, my nails are still as stained as the day I took it off :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by mpittman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE Always Sheer Bliss but cannot seem to find it anywhere. Have these been discontinuted? The only reason I didn't give it a % is because after using about half the bottle the nail polish gets so sticky that you really cannot use it anymore. Revlon needs to work on that!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by chocogurl

I can't believe some people dislike this! I didn't find one flaw in this nail polish.

1. The packaging is simple, cute, and chic.
    2. The color is very pigmented and you'll only need one or two coats.
    3. The color selection is great! There's alot to choose from.
    4. It stays true to its name and goes without chipping or about 6 days.
    5. The names are pretty cute too! They remind me of some of the OPI ones.

I will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by melissa85

i love this make my nails look manicured like :) stays on a long time im my opinion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Always Flaunting. I used it according to the instructions and it worked great in that it stayed on for about 4 days before it started chipping, I'm on day 7 now with minimal chipping towards the tips of my nails. The downside is that the color choices are minimal, I can't really see myself wearing any of them on a regular basis. Maybe if they added some darker/bolder colors. The nail polish also seems to lose its shine after a few days, this could probaby be remedied by reapplying the top coat every so often.

Update: this stuff is AWFUL. It was great to wear but hell to take off. I actually had to borrow my sister's acetone nail-polish to get it off because my usual non-acetone wouldn't even put a dent in it. And it stained my nails horribly. Will NOT be using it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by abs0lutelyfab

So the pigmented part of the duo is ok. I really didn't find any colors that I would use often. When I bought the polish, it was fairly new to the market, and there were a lot of subdued colors.

The topcoat is magic. I often use it with other non-revlon polishes. It protects the color, and it gives a high-gloss shine. My polished nails, which usually last a couple days tops, can last all week. Bravo, Revlon!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this product. On one hand, it's one of the best topcoats I've ever used. Dries hard & strong in minutes & is very smear & dent resistant. It gives the desired results with ANY polish, not just the colors they sell. On another hand- they don't have a SINGLE color that I like. They're all dingy reds or streaky nudes. And since you have to buy the sets to get the topcoat- I don't buy them anymore. I switched to Seche Vite for topcoat cause I'm not about to have 50 bottles of 80's career-mom colors that I'll NEVER use laying around my house.

Bottom line- great product, does what it claims to do- but awful colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by missspiggie

I have this in Marathon Mauve which is my HG Pink nail polish. This is what I've been searching forever for. It's like the pink color of your nails but it's glossy and sparkly. I love it. This is like $5 but worth it. It has shimmer because of very tasteful glitter in it. I will always repurchase this.