October 25, 2014 | 1045 users online

Blush - NARS - Torrid

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by vannii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked the color of this blush, it's a really pretty color, especially for us with a darker skin tone. I went into Sephora with my mind set out to buy "Orgasm" but found that it wasn't appropriate for my skin tone. It actually didn't show up at all, no matter how much the poor girl at the store applied. So I ended up buying "torrid". However I was a bit disappointed, I'm an NC35 (when I'm winter-pale, in the summer I'm a lot darker) and it still barely shows up on my skin. I have to use a lot for it to even show, and it wears off really easily. It does not last me a workday on my oily skin. So I will not be repurchasing it again. If you want this color (it looks exactly the same) but that holds all day and actually shows up on your face with just a little product, I can definitely recommend Tarte's Amazonian clay 12 hour blush in Charisma, It's my new go-to everyday blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by aquaryss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Brown girls: you need this. I am sure this is flattering on just about any skin tone, as long as you apply it right, but I think this is one of those essential shades that all brown girls need because it looks AMAZING on our skin tone (I'm Paki). And in general, it is a great shade for those with medium to darker complexions! I think it was even awarded "Best Blush for Olive Skin" by InStyle.

Torrid is actually different enough to be unique from the other Nars shades (I would know, I own way too many..). It's very very pigmented so be careful when you apply. It's a stunning, coral golden-y shade. The texture is soft and buttery and it applies like a dream. The gold shimmer is pretty subtle, so no worries for the glitter-wary. I don't think it's that comparable to Orgasm, but if you're generally looking for this kind of shade, Torrid is the clear winner (orgasm has more pink, more visible glitter, and the color doesn't show up very well - although I do love orgasm for what it is). This is one of the prettiest shades I own and I just love wearing this. Currently trying to get as much use out of this as possible until winter hits..

PS: For those reading this review that want more brown girl shade recs - shades that look absolutely amazing on our skin tones - I also highly recommend Taj Mahal, Desire, & Sin. All very different from each other.

PPS (PSS?): I bought this the same time I bought Deep Throat, and they're very very different from each other. I actually ended up returning DT, didn't think it was anything special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I love Torrid over Orgasm. It isn't a glitter bomb mess on my nc45 skintone. Its much easier to work with unlike Orgasm if you get too heavy handed its a nightmare to correct. Torrid allows you to build it up to your liking.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by bushbaby80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NARS Torrid is a gorgeous blush flattering on all skin colors. On my NC40 complexion, it looks fabulous. Its my go to peachy pink blush with slight specs of gold, but now glittery at all. Infact gold spec show in pan but not as much on skin. It is completely buildable and i can easily use it on day or night time. I totally prefer Torrid over most raved Orgasm blush for NC40 or darker.

NARS blushes are pricey but worth every single penny spent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Oh my god! Torrid is so pretty! I've been using Orgasm for a year now. I also own Taj Mahal.

Where Orgasm is very light and shimmery, Torrid is more coral with less shimmer. I don't know. Just more healthy flush.

I love Torrid so much more! So pretty!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by iyonis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a blush most will love unless your skin reacts to it. Nice pink/coral color only down side is may not show up if you are n45 and up. This is my everyday blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by LovesPromos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the tan/brown girls NARS "orgasm." It has a beautiful Coral/pink color to it with golden shimmer. I also have NARS orgasm, and it gives a subtle color, but if you want the effect that orgasm gives to lighter skin tones, (but not so much on medium- dark skin tones)I believe this is for you. I encourage you to try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a nice coral blush with little golden sparkles in it. It is good for people with warmer complexions, so if Orgasm isn't doing it for you, give this one a try. Quite pigmented like all Nars blushes. I love this color on me, it looks beautiful on my golden skintone and I use it all the time but it still looks brand new. Only bummer is that the packaging broke a little so I have to be careful to close it properly.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by lucyzta

I like this blush although I would not repurchase it. The color is a little too tan on my fair skin and I like blushes with a little bit more pink or peach color to it. If you are familiar with NARS blushes, I think it will really depend on what your skin tone is like to determine if you will like Torrid. If you are unfamiliar with NARS and are trying to decide if you should take the plunge, I personally find there are better blushes out there. I am a sucker for packaging and I find the NARS packaging to be a little bit dull. This blush does have lot of pigment, but I find some other high end blushes to have just the same amount. I use this and will probably use it up eventually, but I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Jberkeley20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this blush. It's a perfect corally pink for those with olive, tan, or more yellow skin. I have tan skin with warm yellow undertones, and this blush looks perfect on me. It goes on smoothly, looks natural, and wears long. It's pricey, but blush lasts a loong time, and the packaging is beautiful and sturdy. Hopefully it won't be too soon, but I would buy again!