Queen Helene 100% Cocoa Butter (stick)

4.4

Not tested on animals

100% pure Cocoa Butter with nothing added.

on 7/27/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

There is a tiny secret to this product. Use it a couple of times and the top surface of it will become "slicker" and easier to apply. Don't give up. I love the smell and how it feels on my lips. I don't care for SPF. It always leaves a funky taste on my lips. This products works for me.

on 3/9/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

To all those who find this too clumsy to use, or not "spreadable" (I don't know what other term to use, lol!), I have a suggestion. I, too, found it the same way, and just resolved to use it as a lip balm for a while, which it works great as btw. But try this- take a lighter and hold the stick above it for a few moments. Be careful to not overdo it, as it will get too hot and burn you!! When the end of the stick got all glistening and oily looking (NOT to the point of droplets, though, watch that carefully!!), apply it to the affected area. I would not suggest temp sensitive places like around the eyes for this method though. Oh my god, the difference is amazing. The warm oil soaks in in an instant, and does not leave you greasy. It fades scars and stretch marks with extended use, and- well, of course- it smells amazing. Who doesn't like smelling like chocolate? :) I really hope this helps others. Take care!!

on 2/24/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I did not have a good experience with this at all! it smells great and it's a really cute idea, so I was going to use it on my lips and directly on my stretch marks. Wrong! this stuff was rock hard. and I do mean ROCK hard. I rubbed it all over my lips, and all over my skin. It would not melt enough to apply anywhere. Had no choice but to throw it away. Good thing it was only 1.60.

on 7/10/2014 5:05:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I'm never buying lip balm again since remembering this stuff and getting a tube. The yummy chocolate scent is just such fun. My BF asked me for some lip balm and I gave him this, without mentioning what it is, and it blew his mind. XD He's always happy when I hand it to him, and he uses more of it than any lip balm I've had. ;)

It does turn into grease when first applied, but no zits have appeared around my mouth. I use it just before bed, and my lips feel nice & soft the next day.

I shaved off a piece of the stick to try on a dry, itchy allergic reaction on my feet, but it only made my tootsies slightly oily & chocolate-smelling. It was worth a shot, and the results could've been worse.

The packaging is indeed kinda sucky but not a big hassle, and certainly not fling-it-across-the-room awful.

It was a mere buck and a half at a nearby dollar store and will obviously last for ages. I plan on giving a stick to each of my GFs - I know they'll love it too.

The botanical name of the cocoa plant is Theobroma cacao. Theobroma means "food of the gods," and ain't it the truth! ;)

on 6/18/2014 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a great product. It's 100% pure cocoa butter in stick form, which is terrific for applying directly on dry spots or stretch marks without getting your hands oily. It's super cheap too. I paid around $2.00 dollars for a 1 oz stick at my local health food store. And one stick will last you a long time. And the smell is amazing. It smells just like hot cocoa!

The only downside is the packaging. The stick doesn't swivel up like a lipstick. Rather it sits loose in the tube (there's a cap of course), and you keep it from falling out by pinching the tube between your fingers. The only problem is that the stick of cocoa butter wants to slip between your fingers and slide back into the tube while you're trying to apply it. One trick that helps, is to keep your index finger in the hollow part at the bottom of the tube while you use your thumb and other fingers to grip the tube. This will keep the cocoa butter from sliding backwards. Just to keep things in perspective: I'm sure this very simple packaging is what keeps the price way down!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is working great on my scars from my open abdominal surgery. No more itching and the redness and inflammation have gone away. Scars are fading faster. Very soothing!

I love this stuff! Good for every where that needs some moisture, not to mention I love the chocolate smell :P the only complaint is the packaging, but it's both cruelty free and recyclable, not to mention its not THAT horrible. Going to buy more! EDIT: I have been treating stretch marks on my hips and breasts with this, with great results! I have also succesfully improved the karatosis pilaris on the back of my arms.

I found this at the dollar general to use on a new tattoo. the tattoo artist said to use cocoa butter or unscented lotion and everything else I saw was scented or had alcohol, which makes it sting and isnt good for a new tatoo, so i bought this and i love it. Its easy to apply just rub it on and thats it.

on 7/23/2012 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this stick is really good for healing stretch marks. i got stretch marks on my chest in between the girls as a teenager because i was "growing". after a few years of being sick of being able to see these stretch marks when i wore bikinis, i saw this and bought it because it was 100% pure cocoa butter in a convenient easy-to-apply solid stick. i used it religiously on said stretch marks twice a day everyday for about 2 months, and now you can hardly tell they were even there! and it's been about 5 years since this treatment and they are still not visible (though I can still kinda feel them). this stuff also makes an excellent lip butter for really dry or chapped lips. i'd recommend this product to those who have mild - moderate stretch marks and want to visibly reduce their appearance. [I also have deeper stretch marks on my inner thighs and tried this product on them, but it didn't make as much of a drastic difference (though it did help a little); that's why I recommend it for mild - moderate stretch marks].

on 7/23/2012 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is wonderful stuff. Can use this on chapped feet, lips, cold sores, elbows....(of course, different sticks, lol).
The smell is chocolate-y, an added bonus as just the smell satisfies the chocolate craving and I do not have to gobble my daily quota of chocolate *candy*.
Never really tried this on wrinkles or fine lines, etc so I dunno about that aspect of this magic stick.
Packaging is also okay, for the price.
Update: This does not work well for the face! I had whiteheads and a breakout around the nose area when I applied the cocoa butter stick. Oh well, probably cocoa butter and shea butter are not for me :(

Popular Body Skincare Products