July 25, 2014 | 1835 users online

Skincare - Body - Queen Helene - 100% Cocoa Butter (stick)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Xtine66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm never buying lip balm again since remembering this stuff and getting a tube. The yummy chocolate scent is just such fun. My BF asked me for some lip balm and I gave him this, without mentioning what it is, and it blew his mind. XD He's always happy when I hand it to him, and he uses more of it than any lip balm I've had. ;)

It does turn into grease when first applied, but no zits have appeared around my mouth. I use it just before bed, and my lips feel nice & soft the next day.

I shaved off a piece of the stick to try on a dry, itchy allergic reaction on my feet, but it only made my tootsies slightly oily & chocolate-smelling. It was worth a shot, and the results could've been worse.

The packaging is indeed kinda sucky but not a big hassle, and certainly not fling-it-across-the-room awful.

It was a mere buck and a half at a nearby dollar store and will obviously last for ages. I plan on giving a stick to each of my GFs - I know they'll love it too.

The botanical name of the cocoa plant is Theobroma cacao. Theobroma means "food of the gods," and ain't it the truth! ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great product. It's 100% pure cocoa butter in stick form, which is terrific for applying directly on dry spots or stretch marks without getting your hands oily. It's super cheap too. I paid around $2.00 dollars for a 1 oz stick at my local health food store. And one stick will last you a long time. And the smell is amazing. It smells just like hot cocoa!

The only downside is the packaging. The stick doesn't swivel up like a lipstick. Rather it sits loose in the tube (there's a cap of course), and you keep it from falling out by pinching the tube between your fingers. The only problem is that the stick of cocoa butter wants to slip between your fingers and slide back into the tube while you're trying to apply it. One trick that helps, is to keep your index finger in the hollow part at the bottom of the tube while you use your thumb and other fingers to grip the tube. This will keep the cocoa butter from sliding backwards. Just to keep things in perspective: I'm sure this very simple packaging is what keeps the price way down!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is working great on my scars from my open abdominal surgery. No more itching and the redness and inflammation have gone away. Scars are fading faster. Very soothing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Chckenoverlord

I love this stuff! Good for every where that needs some moisture, not to mention I love the chocolate smell :P the only complaint is the packaging, but it's both cruelty free and recyclable, not to mention its not THAT horrible. Going to buy more! EDIT: I have been treating stretch marks on my hips and breasts with this, with great results! I have also succesfully improved the karatosis pilaris on the back of my arms.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeagina80

I found this at the dollar general to use on a new tattoo. the tattoo artist said to use cocoa butter or unscented lotion and everything else I saw was scented or had alcohol, which makes it sting and isnt good for a new tatoo, so i bought this and i love it. Its easy to apply just rub it on and thats it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this stick is really good for healing stretch marks. i got stretch marks on my chest in between the girls as a teenager because i was "growing". after a few years of being sick of being able to see these stretch marks when i wore bikinis, i saw this and bought it because it was 100% pure cocoa butter in a convenient easy-to-apply solid stick. i used it religiously on said stretch marks twice a day everyday for about 2 months, and now you can hardly tell they were even there! and it's been about 5 years since this treatment and they are still not visible (though I can still kinda feel them). this stuff also makes an excellent lip butter for really dry or chapped lips. i'd recommend this product to those who have mild - moderate stretch marks and want to visibly reduce their appearance. [I also have deeper stretch marks on my inner thighs and tried this product on them, but it didn't make as much of a drastic difference (though it did help a little); that's why I recommend it for mild - moderate stretch marks].

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is wonderful stuff. Can use this on chapped feet, lips, cold sores, elbows....(of course, different sticks, lol).
The smell is chocolate-y, an added bonus as just the smell satisfies the chocolate craving and I do not have to gobble my daily quota of chocolate *candy*.
Never really tried this on wrinkles or fine lines, etc so I dunno about that aspect of this magic stick.
Packaging is also okay, for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up at Dollar General some time ago. I kinda forgot about it until the other day. I don't know why I didn't use it until now. I really love it. The stick form makes it really nice and convenient to use as a lip balm. For like a buck, you can pick one of these up and it will last you forever. In fact, I plan to get a few more tomorrow!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by adipose

There's been this weird dry, semi-scaly, slightly itchy patch on my leg; my body lotion doesn't seem to have much an effect on it. I started using this product on that dry patch, also on my knees where I have a scar and a stretch mark.
The cocoa butter stick worked pretty well on the dry patch. It's almost all gone now (after almost 2 months or so of rigorous application?). As for the scars and stretch marks, I haven't seen any noticeable change. Not that I was really expecting any miraculous healing power...
The product is very greasy upon application (which makes me skeptical about using it on the face), though it absorbs readily. I also tried using it as lip balm, but that didn't work out for me.
Like other reviewers noted, the packaging leaves much to be desired; probably why it's so cheap. Personally, I just find the stick form too much of a hassle to use, so, while it might be a good moisturizer---and I'm glad it got rid of that annoying dry, scaly patch---I'd rather just stick with lotion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

My twin sister and I used cocoa butter all throughout high school and our early 20's before eventually switching to shea butter. Cocoa butter kept our skin supple, but oily. There was minimal fading of dark spots (hyper pigmentation) and stretchmarks, so it was nothing remarkable. In a pinch Cocoa butter is great for moisturizing after washing your face at night. It is a staple in my home after all these years for moisturizing my daughter's face.I have it on hand just in case I'm run out of shea..