The Body Shop Vanilla Body Lotion

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/3/2013 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This leaves my skin feeling moisturized enough, but I don't think it's gonna work very well during the dry/cold winter weather. The scent is very strong vanilla with caramel, and I find it stick to the clothes I'm wearing. On my skin, it disappears after a while.

I wear this mostly at night because I like to wake up feeling moisturized but without any particular scent (and my PJs smell like vanilla all the time hahaha)

It's a nice lotion, but I won't repurchase. I like the Dove ones better because they absorb quicker, feel even more hydrating, and there's no scent to them. And they're like half the price. Go figure.

on 3/9/2013 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really liked this product. It had a nice, warm vanilla scent that lingered on me. It absorbed pretty quickly and was Easy to get out of the tube. I got a few complements when wearing this. Would buy again.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

despite the fact that i am a huge fan of vanilla-scented products and have been aware of the body shop line for years, i never really proceeded to pick anything up since body shop products are horribly overpriced here in NZ ($38 for a small bottle of lotion, i mean, really?). so you can imagine how very excited i was when i saw these lotions on sale for half the price right after xmas. i picked up a small bottle as i was travelling somewhere for new years and wanted to take some lotion with me. the smell is a very, very strong vanilla to the point where sniffing the bottle literally gives me a headache. the consistency of the lotion is thicker than most however it is not greasy or heavy and it actually absorbs into the skin quickly and nicely. i was amazed at how soft this thing made my skin feel its seriously incredible! i think im going to pick up a larger bottle while i still have these things on sale, i would recommend this lotion however it does give me a headache every now and then

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I used to love this product, but I think this clogged my pores. I really like the scent of it,(but it is not a long-lasting scent) and it is okay at moisturizing. Wouldn't buy again.

on 1/14/2012 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Received a small bottle of this. Meaning, I didn't actually went out to purchase a vanilla-scented lotion. I would want more value for my dollar. Maybe buy a cream with lightening, anti-ageing benefits? Anyway, I didn't have high hopes for this...just use it as one of the moisturisers I have within reach. OMG, i soon found out that the smell is divine, and the consistency a little thicker than their usual lotions, and it smooths my body is such a loving way! What a nice surprise. I sleep with this lotion on, and the next morning, the vanilla divination still prevails. Will purchase a full bottle because it's more than just a vanilla-scented lotion :)

on 1/4/2012 4:19:00 AM

This is one of my favorite moisturisers. The smell is out of this world! Every time i use it i get a compliment on how lovely i smell:) The concistency is just right, not to thick not to thin. My skin feels moisturised and yummy after application! The only downside to this product is the packaging. Maybe a pump would be more practical.

on 12/9/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I've been using this on and off for 10 years. If you are a true lover of vanilla you will like this. I love vanilla but not the pink sugar variety...not cotton candy vanilla. This is tasteful and slightly spicy...sexy not preteen vanilla. Anyhow, I don't actually use this for just moisturizing ( I find it's not really for moisturising but more for fragrancing if that makes sense) but I use it as a light perfume. I normally use an unscented natural lotion or plain almond oil on my whole body then if I don't want to wear perfume that day then I apply TBS Vanilla body lotion on my neck (front and back) and my wrists and that's my perfume....lovely and I'm not overwhelmed by fragrance. I do have a tendancy to get sick of scents easily and I have come back to this one time and again so that's saying alot. To me it's comforting and sweet and womanly, it melts into you...my husband says it smells like chocolate and my 2 kids love it as well!

on 12/7/2011 11:05:00 PM

I don't always use body creams, but when it is dry in the winter I like to on my elbows and legs. I like inexpensive body creams, as you just use so much more. That's why I normally like Body Shop creams. However the smell of this cream was vanilla and... something I can't quite place. I like vanilla, but didn't like this. The cream worked so-so, it was better than nothing, but I think The Body Shop has better creams for the same price.

on 11/26/2011 7:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this lotion. The scent is just delicious and it has a good staying power. It moisturizes well without being too thick or greasy. The package is a little too hard to squeeze but itīs ok. Its a little bit pricey, but it lasts long. I mixed it with a tiny bit of the vanilla body mist from the same line and it made the scent last longer and the texture lighter. I highly recommend this if you enjoy sweet scents :)

on 9/19/2011 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

mmmm <3 I use this at nightafter my shower. its not a fake vanilla. Its a true vanilla scent its so relaxing. I use this after i shave my legs. its sothing. and it has light moisturising properties. its a summer one. Not for the winter when you need a thicker lotion. But its pretty darn good!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products