April 18, 2014 | 908 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Concealer Twins Yellow and Natural

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was terrible for me. I have dry skin and the area in between my eyes is very dark/bluish. This "corrector" didn't do anything to cover the darkness and it felt veeery dry, it settled into my fine lines and I really can't use powder to settle concealers because it just looks even drier. I'm going back to LancĂ´me concealer which are creamier although a bit pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Blueyedtexan87

I have a somewhat combo skin that's very acne-prone around my chin and lower cheek area, which can easily get dry. I expected a lot out of this product mainly because it's such a good, healthy brand. I put the green, then the (light) color over my blemishes and blended them all in. I'm very disappointed in this product as it covered everything, BUT made every one of my blemishes stand out with a dry circle around them, so...sadly, I will not try again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by ILikeCakeAndIceCream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've bought this product several times. I don't think I will try to return to it again.

Pros: I like the yellow end as a cover for dark circles. It blends well and is easily covered by the natural end or a foundation. This product needs to be used with foundation as it gives a stark light coverage.

Cons: The natural end slightly irritates my eyes but it's not horrible. I don't feel that the consistency gives a heavy enough coverage and is pointless as a concealer. I prefer the Gentle Cover Concealer Stick. Packaging is unsanitary as redipping the sponge applicator introduces bacteria in the tube. It's also hard to use the last of the product without using long q-tips to get it out when at the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by madgrl786

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am of South Asian decent; my skin tone is light tan. My eyes are kind of big, so I have quite large and dark under-eye circles and they are deep set. Usually, under-eye concealers for me, may not provide enough coverage, be flaky looking and dry, or have to be set with a lot of powder, which makes my undereyes look terrible in pictures. I have tried concealers (some under-eye specified, some not) from big companies like Bobbie Brown, Clinique, Laura Mercier, and MAC. And I have tried drugstore concealers which ended up looking flaky and terrible on me. I hated this product initially, but it really grew on me once I learned how I needed to apply it. Now, my goal is not to completely cover my circles so that I look unnatural, but to greatly minimize the extent to which they are there. I don't apply the concealer using both ends of the product. Both colors are so light, that the yellow does not really correct anymore than the normal side of concealer does. So I feel like both ends are almost interchangeable (almost*). This is the only concealer that I have tried that gives me the compromise that I want in a concealer. To be dry enough that I don't HAVE to set it with powder always, but not too dry so that it looks flaky under my eyes. It brightens my under-eye circles without completely erasing them or making them look like flashlights, which makes me look much healthier and fresh. Also, if your skin-tone is medium/tan/etc., this is the perfect product to contour your face like Kim Kardashian's makeup artists do for her. Use the normal concealer, as you would a highlighter, and don't forget to blend, blend, blend.

Bottom line: I love this concealer duo for under my eyes and highlighting, but not for covering blemishes (coverage is okay and color of concealer does not match my skintone)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ariajay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dark circles and this does okay. I've been using this product for years and found it doesn't cover darkness much. I use the yellow shade first, then the other shade. I recently discovered Hard Candy Heavy Duty concealer which has heavier coverage. I will be purchasing the Hard Candy in the future instead of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ladyduck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For me, this is an awesome concealer! I use it on my dark under eye circles and any blemishes I have. It has good coverage and I feel like it stays on almost all day long! I only use the natural tone because the yellow doesn't blend into my skin that well (it looks a bit odd on my fair/pinky skin). But I still think it's totally worth buying and I will continue to buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome, because I don't have to have a under eye concealer and a blemish concealer, I have two in one with this. The yellow concealer is awesome at minimizing the redness and the natural is perfect for my under eye area.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by spicypineapples

I have never really used any expensive brand name concealers, so I don't have much to compare the product to. I liked how it had two sides, and one was dedicated to under eye circles, but I never ended up using that side. It was two yellow and made my eyes look very strange. The other side matched my skin tone perfectly. It was pretty good except for the fact that it wore off during the day. But for the price I say that this is a decent concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by malloryelise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's fine as a concealer, and I think at times it worked well, but it always globbed up with all the rheum in the morning and think it irritated my eyes sometimes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by marie2555

The yellow and fleshtoned concealer in one was a great idea. However, It did not come out as brilliant as it was invisioned. Once you put the yellow under your eyes, no matter what amount you use it still looks extremely obvious that you put something yellow under your eyes. So.. then you put the fleshtoned concealer over it. Doesn't cover well and it looks pretty obvious you're trying too hard to cover up the dark circles. I tried just doing the fleshtoned color alone and the coverage was really pitiful. The only thing I really can say that is good about this concealer is that it actually works pretty well as an eyelid primer. I use the yellow on my eyelids to cancel out the purple, then put on eyeshadow and it looks 100x better. The feel of this stuff is kinda weird, it's almost kind of sticky.. so setting powder would be ideal, but it doesn't cover much. It also caused me to breakout a little when I tried to cover up pimples with it. The breakout may have been cause by how unhygienic the design of it it though... I absolutely hate the rabbit foot applicators.. but what can you do.