Physicians Formula Concealer Twins Yellow and Natural

3.0

on 2/15/2015 12:31:00 AM

This product is meh. The concealer creases and only gives the coverage of a medium foundation. The yellow does really work for my purple toned under eyes, but it takes way too long to set, even with a powder and then just mixes with the concealer. SO MUCH CREASING! The price is on the cheaper side of physicians formula, but for drugstore, I've gotten only a weeks worth of product from this concealer. Since the coverage is too light I have too build, then it looks cakey. Try the benefit lemon aid for purples under eyes and the nars creamy concealer to put on top. Don't buy this product

on 11/20/2014 12:19:00 PM

I had this concealer for a long time, almost never used since it wasn't working on my under eye circles. I was about to throw it away. I have very red cheeks and was always using green primers which didn't cover redness just muted a bit. then I came across advice to use yellow on redness and the only yellow concealer I had at home at that time was this physicians formula twins. I dotted this concealer on my cheek area and then blended with my fingers. And instant wow!!! No more red cheeks! What's more with this over my cheeks I already look perfect (note: I have yellow undertones in my skin) and don't need a foundation above. Since the rest of my face doesn't need any coverage as I was using full face foundation basically just to cover red cheeks. I feel really happy that I finally have "normal" looking face. :)

on 6/21/2014 6:48:00 PM

The best concealer I have found is the YELLOW Physicans Formula Concealer in the two-color tube. I wish PF would make the yellow concealer in the tube without the beige concealer.

The Physicians Formula Yellow Concealer in the compact or lipstick type tube does not cover as well as this cream in the tube.

Bought Elf Cover Everything Concealer in Yellow, and it was too transparent with no coverage. Maybe it would work for the under-eye area.

Also, wasted money on Ben Nye's MediaPro Mellow Yellow MY-2 NORMAL concealer. It was too gold for my medium toned skin. Maybe it would work on dark tanned skin.

on 5/3/2014 9:45:00 AM

I used this on my under eye circles like it suggests to, after I applied foundation. I used the yellow and then the natural and set with powder.

I found this product to give me medium coverage, it's comparable to other decent concealers but I don't think that using the yellow corrector corrector helped that much as the circles appeared as they do under a normal concealer.

As for the packaging I like the sponge type applicator for its convenience however I don't really enjoy the bacteria aspect of it.

This was a free gift that came with a purchase so not something I would have bought originally and not something I'd be likely to buy again.

on 2/11/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This was terrible for me. I have dry skin and the area in between my eyes is very dark/bluish. This "corrector" didn't do anything to cover the darkness and it felt veeery dry, it settled into my fine lines and I really can't use powder to settle concealers because it just looks even drier. I'm going back to LancĂ´me concealer which are creamier although a bit pricey.

I have a somewhat combo skin that's very acne-prone around my chin and lower cheek area, which can easily get dry. I expected a lot out of this product mainly because it's such a good, healthy brand. I put the green, then the (light) color over my blemishes and blended them all in. I'm very disappointed in this product as it covered everything, BUT made every one of my blemishes stand out with a dry circle around them, so...sadly, I will not try again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've bought this product several times. I don't think I will try to return to it again.

Pros: I like the yellow end as a cover for dark circles. It blends well and is easily covered by the natural end or a foundation. This product needs to be used with foundation as it gives a stark light coverage.

Cons: The natural end slightly irritates my eyes but it's not horrible. I don't feel that the consistency gives a heavy enough coverage and is pointless as a concealer. I prefer the Gentle Cover Concealer Stick. Packaging is unsanitary as redipping the sponge applicator introduces bacteria in the tube. It's also hard to use the last of the product without using long q-tips to get it out when at the end.

on 8/30/2013 12:49:00 AM

I am of South Asian decent; my skin tone is light tan. My eyes are kind of big, so I have quite large and dark under-eye circles and they are deep set. Usually, under-eye concealers for me, may not provide enough coverage, be flaky looking and dry, or have to be set with a lot of powder, which makes my undereyes look terrible in pictures. I have tried concealers (some under-eye specified, some not) from big companies like Bobbie Brown, Clinique, Laura Mercier, and MAC. And I have tried drugstore concealers which ended up looking flaky and terrible on me. I hated this product initially, but it really grew on me once I learned how I needed to apply it. Now, my goal is not to completely cover my circles so that I look unnatural, but to greatly minimize the extent to which they are there. I don't apply the concealer using both ends of the product. Both colors are so light, that the yellow does not really correct anymore than the normal side of concealer does. So I feel like both ends are almost interchangeable (almost*). This is the only concealer that I have tried that gives me the compromise that I want in a concealer. To be dry enough that I don't HAVE to set it with powder always, but not too dry so that it looks flaky under my eyes. It brightens my under-eye circles without completely erasing them or making them look like flashlights, which makes me look much healthier and fresh. Also, if your skin-tone is medium/tan/etc., this is the perfect product to contour your face like Kim Kardashian's makeup artists do for her. Use the normal concealer, as you would a highlighter, and don't forget to blend, blend, blend.

Bottom line: I love this concealer duo for under my eyes and highlighting, but not for covering blemishes (coverage is okay and color of concealer does not match my skintone)

on 3/3/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For me, this is an awesome concealer! I use it on my dark under eye circles and any blemishes I have. It has good coverage and I feel like it stays on almost all day long! I only use the natural tone because the yellow doesn't blend into my skin that well (it looks a bit odd on my fair/pinky skin). But I still think it's totally worth buying and I will continue to buy!

on 9/25/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome, because I don't have to have a under eye concealer and a blemish concealer, I have two in one with this. The yellow concealer is awesome at minimizing the redness and the natural is perfect for my under eye area.