Coty Isabella Rosselini - Manifesto

3.3

on 9/21/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this fragrance. I donīt have the words to describe a perfume - especially not in English - but this is the only perfume I keep coming back to and never get tired of.

If you want the perfume to enter the room before you and scream out loud: "Here I am!" this is not for you. But if you like a fragrance that make your kids say, as they come come close and hug you: "Oh, mum, you smell wonderful!" - well, this could become your favourite, too.

on 8/30/2014 1:11:00 PM

Extremely light, herbal nothingness....you could dump a bucket of it over your head and offend no one an hour later. The pendulum has swung in the other direction, away from powerful perfumes and this is the sad result. Light green colored water.

on 3/31/2010 9:44:00 PM

I've owned this for ages; I think I bought the gift set around the time this first came out, so I paid a non-discount price for something that can be purchased online for about $15 these days. Ah well :) I do like it very much. It's a fleeting, airy, herbal green scent and feels very comfortable on. I love the bottle, too; there is no cap, just a twist-top to open and close the sprayer. I'm giving it a 2 for price, as I paid the original MSRP but it is readily available for much less these days.

on 3/20/2009 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This was okay. Just an ordinary, pwdery, cedarwood based floral. Smells like a lighter version of Alfred Sung's Paradise or Innocent Illusion (Thierry Mugler). The main problem with this is the staying power. I know it's an edt but come on! Some of my splashes/body mists from the drugstore last much longer than this.

on 2/22/2009 1:10:00 PM

I received this as a gift 6 years ago and thought it would be a hit based on the notes described. Once I used it, I pushed it to be back of the line quickly. I couldn't understand why I didn't like at the time, but I knew it wasn't for me. Recently, I tried it again and realized it was the herbal and medicinal quality that turned me off. The scent comes off masculine on my skin since the basil dominates the whole composition. To make matters worse, the musky base insults the senses further to make the overall scent smell cheap, far from the clean and aquatic vision promoted by the packaging. Manifesto is a puerile and hasty attempt for mass marketing that lacks forethought. This fragrance lacks proper style and sophistication to be called a perfume.

on 8/30/2008 4:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Went on very strong (and I apply all scent very sparingly) with a lovely Mandarin note that didn't last. The dry down on me is ultimately freesia-scented hairspray. Not sure why it smells like freesia since that isn't a listed note, but it's definitely hairspray. Not unpleasant, just not a perfume.

on 7/31/2008 4:04:00 PM

This scent is discontinued and hasn't been reviewed in a year and a half, but I must add my admiration before the product falls into the black hole of history. I bought this about four years ago at TJ Maxx and I've been s t r e t c h i n g it out ever since. I've reached the end of the bottle and will be lucky if I have three sprays left.

I wear this, as I do with all fragrances, in the creases of my elbow, armpit, knees, etc. Manifesto smells like the perfect blend of celery and cedar, a dry and crisp scent that clears the head in summer and cuts through humidity without being sharp or intrusive.

The bottle once came in a Chinese take-out style box and the bottle retains that same spare, elegant line. The pale green color matches the fragrance perfectly. If this were still in production, I would buy it happily. In fact, off to check ebay now. . .

I love this fragrance and am so sorry it was discontinued. Fortunately it can still be found at Marshall's and TJMaxx sometimes. Anyway, I was at work awhile back and had spritzed on Manifesto in the morning. I put on my coat and scarf before going home and was delighted by the lovely scent Manifesto left on my scarf -- a musky, warm, inviting scent. I hope it smells that good on me all day! I'm using my current bottle sparingly. Why do they have to take away fragrances?

on 11/26/2005 11:28:00 AM

A beautiful bottle. I love little fat chunky bottles and will keep this one as a collection piece. The three primary characteristics of this scent are citrus, herb and lily of the valley. It's the lily of the valley I wish would sit down, because it's so apparently synthetic and very strong. I'd like the basil to predominate instead. And the oceanic feel some people get with this is there for me as well. I think it was a nice concept that became a hasty blend. It's just not all it could be. If someone wants to smell like a light version of so many of Estee Lauder's fruity sparkling florals, this will do the trick. Very affordable.

on 9/13/2005 8:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I loved this fragrance upon application, with its sparkling fusion of basil, fruit, soft flowers and tea. But eventually, it dried down to pure floral on me (don't know why, but most sweet notes intensify to the point of nausea on my skin). The musk base took over a VERY short time later (which Isabella calls a "layer of pure sensuality"), but by then it didn't even matter, as the whole scent was almost completely gone. Manifesto featured some wonderfully original ideas, but disappointingly, Coty/Lancaster has created far more professional blends than this for their drugstore lines.

Popular Fragrances