August 22, 2014 | 1875 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Isabella Rosselini - Manifesto

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

I've owned this for ages; I think I bought the gift set around the time this first came out, so I paid a non-discount price for something that can be purchased online for about $15 these days. Ah well :) I do like it very much. It's a fleeting, airy, herbal green scent and feels very comfortable on. I love the bottle, too; there is no cap, just a twist-top to open and close the sprayer. I'm giving it a 2 for price, as I paid the original MSRP but it is readily available for much less these days.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was okay. Just an ordinary, pwdery, cedarwood based floral. Smells like a lighter version of Alfred Sung's Paradise or Innocent Illusion (Thierry Mugler). The main problem with this is the staying power. I know it's an edt but come on! Some of my splashes/body mists from the drugstore last much longer than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by catherinedo

I received this as a gift 6 years ago and thought it would be a hit based on the notes described. Once I used it, I pushed it to be back of the line quickly. I couldn't understand why I didn't like at the time, but I knew it wasn't for me. Recently, I tried it again and realized it was the herbal and medicinal quality that turned me off. The scent comes off masculine on my skin since the basil dominates the whole composition. To make matters worse, the musky base insults the senses further to make the overall scent smell cheap, far from the clean and aquatic vision promoted by the packaging. Manifesto is a puerile and hasty attempt for mass marketing that lacks forethought. This fragrance lacks proper style and sophistication to be called a perfume.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Went on very strong (and I apply all scent very sparingly) with a lovely Mandarin note that didn't last. The dry down on me is ultimately freesia-scented hairspray. Not sure why it smells like freesia since that isn't a listed note, but it's definitely hairspray. Not unpleasant, just not a perfume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by kayben

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This scent is discontinued and hasn't been reviewed in a year and a half, but I must add my admiration before the product falls into the black hole of history. I bought this about four years ago at TJ Maxx and I've been s t r e t c h i n g it out ever since. I've reached the end of the bottle and will be lucky if I have three sprays left.

I wear this, as I do with all fragrances, in the creases of my elbow, armpit, knees, etc. Manifesto smells like the perfect blend of celery and cedar, a dry and crisp scent that clears the head in summer and cuts through humidity without being sharp or intrusive.

The bottle once came in a Chinese take-out style box and the bottle retains that same spare, elegant line. The pale green color matches the fragrance perfectly. If this were still in production, I would buy it happily. In fact, off to check ebay now. . .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2006 2:33:00 PM More reviews by annalisameyer

I love this fragrance and am so sorry it was discontinued. Fortunately it can still be found at Marshall's and TJMaxx sometimes. Anyway, I was at work awhile back and had spritzed on Manifesto in the morning. I put on my coat and scarf before going home and was delighted by the lovely scent Manifesto left on my scarf -- a musky, warm, inviting scent. I hope it smells that good on me all day! I'm using my current bottle sparingly. Why do they have to take away fragrances?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2005 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Clearing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A beautiful bottle. I love little fat chunky bottles and will keep this one as a collection piece. The three primary characteristics of this scent are citrus, herb and lily of the valley. It's the lily of the valley I wish would sit down, because it's so apparently synthetic and very strong. I'd like the basil to predominate instead. And the oceanic feel some people get with this is there for me as well. I think it was a nice concept that became a hasty blend. It's just not all it could be. If someone wants to smell like a light version of so many of Estee Lauder's fruity sparkling florals, this will do the trick. Very affordable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2005 8:29:00 AM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I loved this fragrance upon application, with its sparkling fusion of basil, fruit, soft flowers and tea. But eventually, it dried down to pure floral on me (don't know why, but most sweet notes intensify to the point of nausea on my skin). The musk base took over a VERY short time later (which Isabella calls a "layer of pure sensuality"), but by then it didn't even matter, as the whole scent was almost completely gone. Manifesto featured some wonderfully original ideas, but disappointingly, Coty/Lancaster has created far more professional blends than this for their drugstore lines.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2005 5:40:00 PM More reviews by DubsBelle

I got this as a gift and have been wearing it on and off for a while now. It is very soft and summery as others have mentioned and very crisp and fresh. Towards the end of the day however, it gets verrrry musky and warm....which I absoultely hate! I just don't like musky scents. I am down to the last bits and will not repurchase. I give it a 3 because it is a very attractive scent, that does have great staying power and I still do really like it....but that musky "after smell" puts me off!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2004 10:35:00 AM More reviews by allegro_barbaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very green scent with, to my nose, a hint of tea. There is just the barest hint of florals and in the background there is a harsh note I cannot put my finger on. I think it is an average fragrance and I am glad I got a vial of it to test instead of buying a bottle. It is a Spring/Summer fragrance suitable for a relaxed sporty look.