October 22, 2014 | 1737 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Maximum Growth Cuticle & Nail Moisture Treatment Pen

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by butterflylipz

i love this product for a few reasons: it is SOOO convenient, it goes on super fast and just rub a little and it soaks into skin and cuticles, i like the smell of the oil (it has some almond oil in it which i love the smell of), and i think it lasts long enough to make up for the price.

i gave this a 3 out of 5 for the price cause the cost is a little high in my taste for such a dinky pen. but if you factor in the convenience and non-spilling factor of the pen i guess it makes up for it.
i have used sally hansens vitamin E cuticle oil in that glass bottle with the long brush....and i don't know who would design a bottle with that large of a opening is beyond me. i have literally spilled the bottle EVERY time i have bought that kind in the past. and yes i am a little clumsy but it ends up not being worth the price if you just end up spilling the whole dang thing. so that is why i love this packaging design (and it doesn't hurt that it's PINK also!)

this stuff will instantly take sorry dry looking nails to practically picture perfect in seconds!

my manicure set includes this product, Magic Nails nail strengthener...you can find at most drug stores but i get mine at Fred Meyers (made in Oregon (look up my review on this as well...this a product that has literally changed my life! i finally have nails that don't break if i grow em out!!! no more arcrilycs anymore to have long beautiful nails! please just give this strengthener a try if your like me!)) ,a good nail file, and sharp nail clippers.

i have tried and failed a lot of nail products and when your like me and get frustrated because all the eating right, wearing cleaning gloves, and not putting too many chemicals onto your nails still doesn't work ....give the cuticle oil and the strengthener together a try and you SHOULD see a difference in just about a month (how long it took for me).

so good luck and i hope my review was useful!!!! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Nillalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

,i like this pen. I have very dry nail skin and cuticles ( i used to bite my nails for years) and it instantly gives my nails a moisturized look although ithat look doesn't last long. I re-apply during the day.
I hope it helps overall nail growth by the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by peachy2000

I have been using this for a year now. My nails really love them. I used to have terrible split, dry brittle short nails. Since using this, I now have beautiful strong long nails! Brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by demmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this cuticle oil! I've tried so many different ones that seem to dry my cuticles and nails out more than if I just let them be, I suspect the culprit is mineral oil. This treatment works great for me, I love that it comes in an easy to apply pen dispenser with a brush, instead of as a little bottle with a dropper, it means there are no spills or wastage. I've been using this it over two years and have been able to grow my nails beyond the end of my fingers for the first time in my life. I'm very happy with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by LilPidge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While I like the idea of this product, in reality I found the twist function a pain in that after much manipulation and no joy, all of a sudden a ton of oil is dispensed! It smells pleasant enough and I'm sure must do some good however now the meagre amount in the container has been used I will continue my hunt for a more adequate product. So far I've found Solar Oil and Lush 'Lemony Flutter' to be far superior in the mission to repair my post-acrylic nails, not least because you get far more product for your money!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Pamda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

While I love the way they package this sucker and how easy this is to apply with percision. I can honestly say this did squat for me. No hydration or growth.

Breakdown
Cons
-not particulary hydrating vs. other cutilce oils or creams (i.e. sephora, burts bees)

Pro's
- brush applicator allows easy application
- pen applicator excellent for travel
- easy to control flow of oil

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by mighttango

Wow, does this work great on dry cuticles. The brush really gets the treatment into the nail crevices! Good idea to keep several around & in purse. Absorbs quick! Can overflow if you are not careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I'm on my third pen already, I have to keep one in my manicure kit and one in my purse or by my night stand! I love the ease of use, the emollient of the treatment, and I love that my fingers don't feel all sticky or greasy - it is easily absorbed!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by natasharose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this becasue the whole idea of a cuticle pen was good. I thought it would be a lot easier to start taking care of my nails more. Well sure enough I was right this product was great I really love how it is mess free, unlike other products where your hands end up being drenched in oil. This is virtually mess free and very very convenient. I will continue to use this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2009 5:22:00 AM More reviews by hayleythomson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product doesn't make my nails grow more quickly. However, if I use it daily then when my do nails grow, the quality of the nail is better, if that doesn't sound too crazy. Within about a week my nails feel stronger, and they look healthier. With really continued use this products makes my nails a lot stronger - they usually flake very easily but if I use this continually the flaking stops. It also stops hangnails (again with continued use).

It rubs in quickly, doesn't go all over my keyboard and the pen is great because you can use however much you want. I've tried similar products with a dropper, and you just end up with oil everywhere.