L'Artisan Fragrances L-eau de l-Artisan

3.7

on 2/18/2013 8:00:00 PM

I love to wear this in all kinds of weather, which is unusual for me. It's refreshing in the summer, clean and crisp in the winter and I keep it in my desk for a pick me up between clients. It has a masculine edge that stops it from being too girly, but it turns just the right kind of sweet on the skin and it settles into my clothes as a fresh, light veil. I love how it combines the lemon and grass notes without smelling like shower gel, managing to be at once fresh and complex as well as sophisticated but sparkling.

on 7/8/2012 11:58:00 AM

It took me a while to realize I loved this one, because it's so gentle and unassuming, it didn't bowl me over right away. But the love for it snuck up on me with more wearings as I discovered what a beautiful piece of work it is. For one thing, it features a lemon that doesn't disappear within minutes or turn candy-ish, but stays fresh and real, which is unusual on me. In fact, perhaps it's more of a lemon verbena, because a living herb garden is indeed one of the main impressions I get overall--basil and mint are in there too, both light and perfectly balanced. And there's a hint of sea-salt breeze in the background. It's kind of like the nicest, prettiest, natural-herb soap you've ever used. It doesn't change much from start to finish, but on me it has surprisingly good staying power without ever being overpowering. Perfect for summer, and probably quite uplifting in winter too.

on 11/19/2011 12:53:00 PM

It is the most nose-piercing aggressive fragrance I have recently smelt. L’eau de L’artisan is strongly refreshing and grassy. Basil and mint give a high pitch to the other notes. It dries down to a cloying sweet mixture on my skin. Unlike other L'Artisan fragrances, the lasting power is good.

Notes: lemon, verbena, basil, mint, tree moss, hay, seaweed.

This fragrance opens with a sparkly citrus accord dominated by lemon. As the fragrance settles on my skin a sweet note - mint - mixes beautifully with the citrus notes. Specks of basil and seaweed add dimension and contrast to the sweeter main notes, resulting in a well-balanced composition. There is enough tartness, sweetness, saltiness and herbal earthiness to make this a very interesting and easy-to-wear summer scent. Unfortunately, it does not last very long, after roughly four hours it is gone.

on 10/7/2009 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Truly a classy and joyful scent. I believe both men and women could comfortably wear this. As many have noted, the seaweed notes in the middle drydown are unbelievably beautiful - I can't stop smelling myself. The opening is very crisp, lemony and refreshing which is perfect for summer or on those mornings where you just didn't get enough sleep (which is most of my mornings). My overall impression is definitely beachy - you can almost smell the salt air & the fresh sunshine while you are sipping margaritas. However, as also noticed by many others here the lasting power is TERRIBLE. Gone in about an hour or so, which is horribly disappointing for such a lovely fragrance (and high price). I swapped this with a kind MUA-er, so am lucky to have the bottle to enjoy while I can, but I highly doubt that I'll purchase this - not worth the money for such poor staying power.

on 8/24/2009 8:56:00 PM

Smells like a first date at the beach that ended with sex behind a sand dune. Wish the seaweed middle tones could last all day.
If you like your summer scents to be complex and not ubiquitous, this is it. Doesn't last forever, but so worth it.

on 8/12/2009 6:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This definitely stands in the citrus family-one of those summery perfumes that is light, fresh and generally non-disturbing. It starts off smelling very "green" and then it becomes softer and sweeter. Its biggest weakness, though, is its staying power that is almost zero!! It almost dissapears within half an hour! In general, it is not bad but nothing special that would justify this high price. I would say that you could get similar effects from a good drugstore cologne.

on 4/7/2009 11:25:00 AM

II really like this fragrance. It is fresh lemony scent that makes me happy every time I smell it.
It is a nice surprise because I didn't like most of their samples ( I ordered 5) except Mure et Musk. L'Eau de L'Artisan is the last vial I'm on now and must add this one to the list of L'Artisan Perfumes I'd like to have.
But staying power is not that good and it's too expensive so I probably won't purchase the whole bottle.

on 4/3/2009 9:45:00 AM

This is such a lovely, green scent. I wear it on warm days or when I don't want my fragrance to be too "loud." My only complaint is that it doesn't last long and I have to re-apply after a couple of hours.

on 2/26/2009 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lemony at first, sweeter in drydown. There's something muddled about it, though--it seems out-of-focus somehow.

Popular Fragrances