August 1, 2014 | 1876 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Dior Luminizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Best highlighter available, as far as I'm concerned! Yes, it is a bit expensive, but it lasts for ages as you only need a little. Color is perfect, and iridiscent enough for light to medium skin. I have no. 051 BTW.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by miranets

I am an avid collector of highlighters! I cannot resist limited edition releases. This is a true light warm cream beige, which is the tone I like most because I have warm yellow undertones and it is rare to find warm shade highlighters than rose or pink tones.

I would say immediately that the shimmer in this is not as refined as even Nars Albatross (or Nico -- which is an adequate dupe for this). If you have already somewhat shiny skin, this will add some sheen to the skin rather than luminosity. I think this is more suited for evenings if one is spending more time in soft dim lights, as it would make the face glow... I work in an office and this would be overboard for that environment!

I have combo skin tending to be more dry now, although I have an oily t-zone, I used OC8 under this, and a dusting of DIY silk/rice powder. I top it off with either Love Clove marshmallow powder or Jill Stuart loose powder and the shimmer wears away gradually during the day. If you are oily skinned and don't have a good primer routine, this may leave you looking a bit disco-ball esque. The colour does not oxidise.

Overall it is OK, in terms of texture.. but I think I can find better (cheaper, not LE) items in Japanese releases... or try Kevyn Aucoin, Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by OrchidGoddess

I've got this Iridescent Radiance Cream in color 011. A Dior makeup artist originally got me hooked on this cream, as he uses it all the time on his clients. It's a beautiful rosy, soft sheen/shimmer colour. I find that a tiny tiny dab goes a long way(cheekbones, small amount down bridge of nose etc)
It has that professional sheen that you see in mags and on the catwalk, without the harsh glitter that Ive seen in other highlighters. I find this is the best product for during the long winter months when my skin is looking blah, and dry and particular dull. It gives just enough of a healthy sheen to my face, so that I look actually alive, and not that semi-dead look that I tend to have during winter. (n.b. I dont think I look dead because of my skin care, but rather because I wish I was in hibernation - can you say "I Hate WINTER!!!" LOL.)
Oops, I digres. Yes, this product is rather expensive, however, I've found that it lasts a very long time. So in my opinion, it's a good value for the money. I also like that the tube fits easily in my purse for touchups during the day.

Also, I didn't have any breakouts with this highlighter as I have had with some others.

Final verdict: LOVE IT!!!
Recommend: Yes most definately. This is an excellent product to have in your makeup arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2006 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kissmytiarabitch

I really like this product, but only for winter since I have oily skin & in summer in the hot louisiana sun it's just too greasy/oily looking, but in winter gives a very beautiful pearl like glow/sheen and stays put all day! will buy again, just looking for my summer highlighter -sigh-

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2006 7:36:00 AM More reviews by marie66

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Better than the YSL one, which says a lot if not all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2005 5:19:00 AM More reviews by golden_butterfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best highlighter ever !
I don't like glittery, I like the subtle shimmery look that models
on the catwalk has. This gives me such a glow.
Will definately buying for all eternity !

Recommend it from normal to dry skin. Can appear to be a lil greasy on
people with oily skin cause its liquid.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 1:14:00 PM More reviews by maayan

I bought this after reading rave reviews in Elle Canada magazine. My only complaint is that you get a ridiculously small amount of product for the price -- it's this absolutely HG stuff, but it's just not suitable for spreading all over the face and body (one of the first things I'll do when I win the lottery). As a spot-highlighter (e.g. cheekbones, above the upper lip), however, this stuff is absolutely fantastic. It leaves a very translucent wet sheen rather than a cheap-looking shimmer. It's the first make-up product I've ever run out of (after about two months of use), and that's saying a lot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2004 4:05:00 AM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using (very thick) stick type of professional highlighters this feels kinda blah because it does not feel as effective as a white highlighter stick. And for this type of highlighters I prefer my YSL teint parfait 2 wich is (also fluidy/creamy) pink and not shimmery type of highligter like this one. I fell the shimmer is still too big in here.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2004 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Klazina

A keeper for life! This is sooooooo natural looking.
First a bit bronzing powder on my upper eye lids and this on top of that and my eyes pop and look 10 years younger without looking made up. It realy looks like I'm born with it. I'm a very pale kaukasion with curly dark hair, dark brows and eyes and very full lips. I only look good in warm colours. If I wear bronzing powder with the luminizer I look a bit more exotic in a very natural way, a bit more Latin woman like. LOVE that.
Before I forget: I also mix a tiny tiny bit in my under eye concealer to cover dark circles. Works great.
Begging Dior not to discontinu this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2004 5:43:00 PM More reviews by 4youreyes

i have this in 011, use it on cheekbones, in eye corners and brow bones-love it and should last forever-only need a tiny bit