Clinique Pore Minimizer Foundation

3.5

on 5/19/2015 7:40:00 PM

For a while this has been one of my favourite foundations, its stays on throughout the day, it has great coverage over pimples and goes on your skin very smoothly and easily. The only problem I have experienced with the this foundation is that it sometimes runs orange, I would recommend this, but i would also recommend you use a primer along with it.

on 6/16/2014 7:44:00 PM

Good for oily T-zone. Makes skin look smooth. Pore are less visible but they don't disappear. Doesn't feel heavy. Has moderate coverage. Doesn't crease. I had to return it which I was really sad about. I bought the color Honey it had a pinkish undertone and was a little to dark for me. I have more of a yellow undertone. I really like it I just wish Clinique made more color options for this product!! I would definitely buy it in my color!!

on 11/7/2013 9:37:00 AM

This product is must buy for oily skin type with large pores. I recommend moisturising face before applying this foundation.

on 7/3/2013 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Guess you can say I like this foundation. As most of us are, I'm always on the hunt for a good foundation and I can this is a good one, great color match, like the squeeze tube bottle, decent stay power, decent coverage...just nothing about it really "wowed" me. Not that this is overly expensive but compared to Revlon Colorstay, there is nothing about it that makes it worth spending more money than you can spend on Colorstay. I'll use it until its gone but will not repurchase

on 6/30/2013 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this foundation. I have quite pale skin and this foundation illuminates it and makes it look flawless. I love the finishing look of this product and will definitely be my go to foundation. It has a moderate coverage but it is definitely build-able for night time! Would recommend.

on 8/12/2012 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this a few months ago. It almost matches my skin and I like the texture a lot but I'm not so happy about the coverage or the ways my skin feels. I will finish it but definately will not buy again

on 3/10/2012 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I just came upon these reviews as I did not know Clinique still made this. I remember buying this for the first time in 1977. I loved it and only used it on my nose and forehead, using a more moisturizing/balancing liquid or cream in the closest match I could find for my cheeks and chin. I'm soon to be 54 years old and still have an extremely oily T Zone. I found this to fight oil breakthrough/shine unlike anything else at the time and have never found anything that performed as well since. I would just shake it up well and applied it w/my fingers and blended it with them as well. I believe it also contained Salycilic Acid as its active ingredient. This is what undoubtedly dried up the excess oil as it is a Beta Hydroxy Acid which is also found in their scruffing lotions (toners/astringents) to this day. It's also the main ingredient (active) in their Turnaround Cream. BHA's remove the dead, upper layers of skin (exfoliation done chemically rather than mechanical w/beads.) It was originally developed by a famous NYC Dermatologist, Dr. Orientriche (mispelled) who created Clinique's 1,2,3 Step Skincare for Estee Lauder. Unfortunately BHA's do not help to stimulate elastin and collogen (Fibroblast) production the way AHA's do. I think BHA's are more tolerable/less sensitizing than AHA's and I'm not sure if AHA's were around when Clinique was started. Although I don't know why they wouldn't be as Lactic Acid (derived from milk) and fruit and sugar acids (glycolics) were around as well. Cleopatra was known to take Milk Baths to soften her skin (Lactic Acid.) I always thought Clinique had it wrong w/the BHA's as opposed to AHA's, since it was ONLY AHA's that promoted the vehicles within skin to maintain firmness and true skin renewal. Anyway, if I could find this Pore Minimizer makeup, I would buy more than one. That's how well it worked for me. I LOVED it!

This is really just a heads-up for those of you who are missing the discontinued Pore Minimizer Makeup: Erno Laszlo's Regular Normalizer Shake-It is an almost identical product.
As previously mentioned, this is really a powder suspended in liquid. Applying with a cotton ball is futile. Pour a bit in to your hand and quickly press and smooth on to the skin. It controls oil well with light coverage, which is why a fair amount of it is sold to men. Obviously, it's a very matte finish so don't top with loose powder or you risk a corpse-like appearance.
Both are fine products assuming you know what they are and how to use them. I checked that I wouldn't buy again simply because my skin is no longer so oily.

on 10/2/2009 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This stiff dried so fast, I felt like I was trying to spread cement on my face. Worst foundation I've ever bought. Not even as good as some drugstore brands. Agh.

on 8/21/2009 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Very thin and smells like donuts