Wet 'n' Wild lipstick in Cashmere

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I broke down and bought this color.

Every time I go into Rite Aid or CVS I eye this lipstick color, and usually I put it back down because the shimmery frost on this lipstick scares the ever living s*** out of me. Regardless, I knew it was just a matter of time before I brought this shade home with me. That time came today, during the 40% off sale for Wet N Wild products. Needless to say, I bought way too much stuff.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this color. A lot of the other reviews say it's very dark, but I don't think this color is dark so much as it is just dark-shimmery. On some people I can see it reading as a brown, on others as a lavender purple. On my skin, it pulls extreme light brown with silver/lavender in the sunlight (wtf) and extreme light brown with shimmer in regular lighting. The only reason I even bought this color in the first place was because I thought it MIGHT look good layered over the Wet N Wild #666 lip liner, Brandy Wine.

I layered it over that color and to be honest, it doesn't look that bad, but it's also extremely early 90's looking. So much so that it's vintage in a bad way, almost. I'm not scared to look like a throwback, but if I wore this lip combination out, someone might question my sanity. And this is coming from me, the queen of the 90's throwbacks.

On the other hand, I kind of like it.

The addition of the liner makes it look not so silvery and garish on my lips. If I was to wear Cashmere alone, by itself-there's just no way. I cannot pull of lavender/brown lipstick, not by a long shot. Wearing it over the Brandy Wine lip liner makes the entire look slightly more palpable by giving the brown some depth, and toning down the lavender. It's still metallic and shimmery as all hell though. Nothing is going to change that. I'm thinking that a lot of the lipsticks in the Silk Finish line are more geared towards cool-toned ladies. Us warm or yellow undertoned girls have a lot of trouble with silvery frosts. I can easily work with a gold frost, but a silver one is a bit harder for me to pull off.

Even so, I'm not going to give up on Cashmere-it fascinates me far too much. It's like a trainwreck-no matter how bad it might look, I won't be able to stop staring at it. Eventually i'll find a place to wear it to that's not some dark, dim and forgotten club deep in the heart of industrial Los Angeles.

I also can't say I'm sorry that I purchased this for the price because I literally spent next to nothing on it. Literally. I dropped some change, and picked up a lipstick. Even at full price ($1) it would be hard to be angry at this purchase.

Wet n Wild has me hooked for life, I guess.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For 99 cents I really like this shade of brown! I have an olive skin tone, with golden undertones and this shade just seems to work for me. I do find that the lipstick seems to be a little drying to my lips though, but I can deal with that for the price! (I use a very good lip balm first)

This is a nice shade, unfortunately it's way too dark for me. I think it would look great on a darker skinned person as a previous reviewer noted. But for 99 cents, it was an inexpensive experiment. For the price you can't really go wrong in trying a variety of colors, you are more than likely to find at least one that works for you. Overall a nice product for a nice price even if the color doesn't work for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Nice color for dark, ebony skin. It is a nice neautral/nude look. I like it and it has good staying power too. I just wish they'd step up their packaging game so it doesn't look so cheap.

This lipstick is the exact color of Revlon super lustrous lipstick in ice mocha only cheaper! I think its a nice color cause it compliments very well on my black hair and dark brown eyes.And its smooth too like lip gloss in stick form:) The only thing I wish for is for it to have more staying power but other than that is good.I would buy it again:)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Yes this shade is very dark but it looks great if you can pull it off. It compliments dark eyes very well.

strange shade,not sure I would reccomend it,kind of dark.

Recommended for Medium Skin