October 23, 2014 | 1129 users online

Fragrances - Creed - Neroli Sauvage

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by WentworthRoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Notes: orange blossom, grapefruit and sicilian lemon.

A salty, fresh, zesty citrus scent. The lemon note is stronger than the grapefruit note, until the dry down when the typical sweaty grapefruit finish emerges. Lasts only three to four hours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

I'm not a big fan of clean citrus scents but recently have been on the search for a neroli fragrance to add a bit of vibe to my collection. Today, after a week's testing, I have decided that Neroli Sauvage is not that. First off, it is somehow unbalanced on my skin. 1 modest spritz is downright bath soap, not even citrusy or luxury soap; just ordinary, white, hammam soap. Generous splashes all over perform much better, though always with a "but" in my mind. The opening is beautiful with crushed, bitter, and intoxicating citrus leaves BUT a tad too medicinal. It is also deep and interesting because of the musk, BUT a bit too 80s mens cologne. The heart is vibrant and lemony BUT sometimes very much like lemon tic tacs and a bit like my beloved Dove lemongrass soap. And the drydown is a very nice, clean, citrusy fragrance that gives off a lovely whiff of something occasionally BUT in general a bit too ordinary. I still prefer this crazy number to Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino that is too flowery and watery for me. I still feel that Neroli Sauvage is too much effort and money for me with less than impressive results. 2.5-3.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by ellizam

I can understand why previous reviewers felt this was a somewhat "manly" fragrance. The fault lies in a woody boysmell musk that, sadly, Creed feels obliged to dollop in entirely too many fragrances. It ruined Orange Spice and Chevrefeuille, and contributed to the ruin of Tabarome. But here, while it's mildly annoying, the musk/woody note does go away.

There's even, possibly, a reason for it: I think the perfumer was trying to convey the wood aspect of the Neroli, present the entire tree rather than just the blossoms. Except for the opening hint of boysmell, Neroli Sauvage is gorgeous. It's a dry, elegant neroli, hints of green leaf, a little wood, a slight waft on top of the rich, tart fruit. It had great lasting power and good complexity. I think it is, like about all of the Creed line, overpriced, and for a pretty neroli-based fragrance, one can do better.

But given all the deals to be had on Creeds online, if I could get this for less than the usual crazy price, I would buy it again. And I'd DEFINATELY put it on a list as a present for males of my acquaintance. It's subtle, beautiful, and a guy in it would be some pretty burning heart material!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Netherson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tolerable but medicinal-- I can't see using this for cosmetic purposes but more for aromatherapy purposes (like camphor oil).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by pacificnorthwestocean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ooooo. Very nice. This is a clean and simple fragrance very easy to fall in love with. I would think its style would appeal to people who enjoy not only Creeds, but also Annik Goutals and Diptyques. I'm not sure of its lasting power yet, but if it's like the other Creeds I've owned, I can expect 4 solid hours and a gradual fade-out after that. The scent itself does start with a zesty citrus lead, but even then the Neroli is present. As the perfume dries down the Neroli comes forward while the citrus notes rest playfully in the background. It's a subtle fragrance, ageless and not too much for a youth (I've seen people ask what to get for a neice's or nephew's first fragrance, and something like this would be just right for them, as well as for an adult of any age). I can see why a previous reviewer made a comparison to Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse (a long time favorite of mine), but whereas that fragrance is primarily citrus, this one is primarily floral. While both are unisex, I'd say this one is more feminine in its leanings. Delicious!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Neroli Sauvage is a neroli citrus, very crisply citrus and soapy.
This comes across to me as a man's fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Fantomia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another Neroli I have been very curious of. I give it two lippies because I consider my self a young woman - would give it much more if I was an older man, and did't mind the poor staying power (5 minuters )

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2006 4:01:00 PM More reviews by monkey1123

This is very fresh, very unisex citrus scent. I smell more orange/citrus than neroli. I think that I'd like this a lot on a man, but I tend to prefer more feminine scents for myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2006 4:39:00 AM More reviews by faizanj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this to be similar to Creeds Zeste Mandarine. The top notes are much brighter and sharper, but it shares the same smooth dry down with Zesta Mandarine. Neroli Sauvage is actually more of a grapefruit-citrus fragrance than neroli (orange flower). The neroli is light and dominated by a plethora of excellent citrus notes. Fragrances like Czech & Speake Neroli and L'Occitane Neroli EDP contain more neroli Neroli Sauvage, but overall I like Neroli Sauvage better as a fragrance - it works wonderfully in hot summers. Longevity is average (around 4-5 hours).
EDIT: I just bought a fresh 1oz bottle of this from Neiman Marcus and the neroli is more evident in the heart notes of this one. The citrus grapefruit top notes are still as sparkling as ever, but the floral orangey neroli heart still manages to come through though its still not as rich as the one in L'occitane Neroli EDP. The warm basenotes of sandalwood and ambergris provide a smooth contrast to the top notes and I find that it lasts a good 8 hours on my skin. Definitely a top tier fragrance for summer and spring !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2005 8:55:00 AM More reviews by blah114

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favourite Creed thus far. It's fresh, clean, and very modern, with a classic appeal. I find the scent masculine. At first it smells of Lemon Pledge oven cleaner. 20 seconds later, however, it's drying into a musk that is predominantly citrus. The fragrance is highly addictive and once again, I've gotten loads of compliments on this fragrance, people saying how pleasant, fresh, even "sexy" this is. I highly, highly recommend this fragrance. I bought it in a small sample (1/2 oz), but do not think I can afford a giant bottle of this. This is easily my favourite Creed thus far. It's appropriate for a date or workplace. It's similar to Selection Verte, but "sexier," so everyone says!