January 27, 2015 | 2000 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 4:20:00 PM More reviews by lmcnease

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this cleanser since 2007. Although, it has changed since the original formula- it is my go to.... It does not foam- and has a gel/cream like texture. It is wonderful for dry or sensitive skin. If you have oily skin I would not suggest.... It can be used two ways. It can be applied directly to the face and then gently rub it all over and remove with a cloth. Or use about a nickel size amount in palm of hand and then add water and apply to face. Wonderful smell- I just love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Cleocleo1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Plus points - zingy aroma great fora morning cleanse. I use this in the shower with a muslin cloth to remove. Leaves skin feeling fresh. However, not that fond of the texture which is a gel (nice) but with a funny grainy texture (not so nice). Haven't tried using this one for a full make up removal so cant comment on effectiveness on this front.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

broke me out terribly on my chin...like 3 cystic acne in a few days

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by tallwithglasses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When was the last time you said, "Wow!" after you cleansed your face?

I bought this cleanser on a whim, because I generally like Burt's Bees products. The texture is somewhere between a gel and a balm. The smell is like the inside of orange peels. I quite like cleansing balms, so I like the texture and the packaging, as it's much more hygienic than scooping a balm out of a tub. I was a bit anxious that it might leave a residue, but taking it off with a warm wet washcloth (my standard method) left nothing behind.
I have quite oily skin, especially during the heat of summer. It has been freaking out recently, so I tried this cleanser to try to soothe it a bit. After washing, my skin did not feel stripped or too oily, just clean and refreshed. I followed with a small amount my normal CeraVe PM moisturizer and called it good. This would be a great morning cleanser if you're worried about it's abilities to remove makeup.
I'm quite impressed with this facial cleanser and will keep using it unless or until I find something better.

I left off one lippie on the overall rating because I've only used it once. But it so impressed me, I wanted other people to know how well it worked for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Pandoraaa

I really like this cleanser! It is a thick oily texture which I really like because my skin can dry out quite a bit. My skin looks really radiant after using it and it doesn't even feel like I need moisturiser after (even though i do moisturise)! The fact that its all natural is a bonus.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice natural cleanser, without the harsh detergents found in other brands. It comes out as a thick gel that turns into a milky consistency once applied to the face. It doesn't foam, but it still cleanses the skin and removes all traces of makeup. Proves that you do not need foaming agents to clean your skin, and it doesn't dry it out! The only thing I wished they would change is the packaging to a pump bottle, because I usually always squeeze out too much product from the tube, considering this item is on the more pricey side.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by wathenem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really enjoyed this cleanser. You have to get used to the texture, which is a weird gel that is slightly oily and smells like oranges. The only complaint I have is it doesn't spread or lather very well, so you must use a lot of product to clean your face. Despite the texture, I still love the way my skin feels after I use this, I think its a good one for winter when my skin is dry. I don't feel a film on my face after I rinse off. Will probably buy this again at some point.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by tia347

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had read so many good reviews of this face wash, and was really excited to try it. I do not like it at all. Very disappointed :( The consistency is a thick oily gel. My sister in law really likes it for her dry skin, but to my combo sensitive skin I felt like I was rubbing vaseline on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Ebyanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for years! It smells wonderful, makes your skin feel soft, and is great at removing make up. I even wrote an article about it! You can read it at http://www.anniesnuggets.com/2010/11/fall-golden-leaves-and-dry-skin.html

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Gweneveire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I was very, very skeptical when I squeezed it out of the tube--my sister compared it to the cat's hairball medicine. It does have a strange constancy, but surprisingly works wonders at removing makeup and oil. It doesn't lather like a typical face wash, but has a gel-like feel. It leaves my face so soft and smooth and clean feeling.

For those who have never used natural products like this before, don't expect it to work like you're used to. It won't lather and it likely won't leave your skin with that typical "clean" feeling. That feeling is your skin drying out from the harsh detergents in most cleansers.

Now, there's word circulating that they've changed the formula (new stuff is in the white bottle) and added some not-so-fab ingredients, but I haven't noticed a difference. Just FYI if you have really sensitive skin, you might want to check the label for specific ingredients.