July 28, 2014 | 1591 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by tallwithglasses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When was the last time you said, "Wow!" after you cleansed your face?

I bought this cleanser on a whim, because I generally like Burt's Bees products. The texture is somewhere between a gel and a balm. The smell is like the inside of orange peels. I quite like cleansing balms, so I like the texture and the packaging, as it's much more hygienic than scooping a balm out of a tub. I was a bit anxious that it might leave a residue, but taking it off with a warm wet washcloth (my standard method) left nothing behind.
I have quite oily skin, especially during the heat of summer. It has been freaking out recently, so I tried this cleanser to try to soothe it a bit. After washing, my skin did not feel stripped or too oily, just clean and refreshed. I followed with a small amount my normal CeraVe PM moisturizer and called it good. This would be a great morning cleanser if you're worried about it's abilities to remove makeup.
I'm quite impressed with this facial cleanser and will keep using it unless or until I find something better.

I left off one lippie on the overall rating because I've only used it once. But it so impressed me, I wanted other people to know how well it worked for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Pandoraaa

I really like this cleanser! It is a thick oily texture which I really like because my skin can dry out quite a bit. My skin looks really radiant after using it and it doesn't even feel like I need moisturiser after (even though i do moisturise)! The fact that its all natural is a bonus.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice natural cleanser, without the harsh detergents found in other brands. It comes out as a thick gel that turns into a milky consistency once applied to the face. It doesn't foam, but it still cleanses the skin and removes all traces of makeup. Proves that you do not need foaming agents to clean your skin, and it doesn't dry it out! The only thing I wished they would change is the packaging to a pump bottle, because I usually always squeeze out too much product from the tube, considering this item is on the more pricey side.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by wathenem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really enjoyed this cleanser. You have to get used to the texture, which is a weird gel that is slightly oily and smells like oranges. The only complaint I have is it doesn't spread or lather very well, so you must use a lot of product to clean your face. Despite the texture, I still love the way my skin feels after I use this, I think its a good one for winter when my skin is dry. I don't feel a film on my face after I rinse off. Will probably buy this again at some point.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by tia347

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had read so many good reviews of this face wash, and was really excited to try it. I do not like it at all. Very disappointed :( The consistency is a thick oily gel. My sister in law really likes it for her dry skin, but to my combo sensitive skin I felt like I was rubbing vaseline on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Ebyanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for years! It smells wonderful, makes your skin feel soft, and is great at removing make up. I even wrote an article about it! You can read it at http://www.anniesnuggets.com/2010/11/fall-golden-leaves-and-dry-skin.html

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Gweneveire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I was very, very skeptical when I squeezed it out of the tube--my sister compared it to the cat's hairball medicine. It does have a strange constancy, but surprisingly works wonders at removing makeup and oil. It doesn't lather like a typical face wash, but has a gel-like feel. It leaves my face so soft and smooth and clean feeling.

For those who have never used natural products like this before, don't expect it to work like you're used to. It won't lather and it likely won't leave your skin with that typical "clean" feeling. That feeling is your skin drying out from the harsh detergents in most cleansers.

Now, there's word circulating that they've changed the formula (new stuff is in the white bottle) and added some not-so-fab ingredients, but I haven't noticed a difference. Just FYI if you have really sensitive skin, you might want to check the label for specific ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by leahmarie365

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this cleanser average. It didn't really help my skin or acne and it seemed to irritate my skin some days. A lot of people didn't like the consistency, but I didn't mind it. The only thing I loved about it was the smell! OMG! It was the best smell ever...too bad it didn't work out. :( I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by gilliannc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The smell is awesome but the cleaning power is not! It seems to disappear as soon as i put on my face and end up using way more that i would want in a pricey cleanser. It seems to work a little better if you put it on dry skin instead of wet as the directions suggest. Also, if you don't immediatley put the lid on you will lose half the tube!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by MikuM

My face feels tingling when I apply this. I don't love this but I would purchase this again because it feels very refreshing and clean. Doesn't dry out my face.