November 22, 2014 | 1716 users online

Eyeliner - The Body Shop - Liquid Eyeliner in Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Mikspp

Great liquid eyeliner that is easy to use, not expensive, lasts long on eyes, container lasts for 6-8 months, good colour and doesn't clump, or dry weird.

For an in depth review on this product and more check out this blog:

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by CarlyCut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been searching high and low for a liquid taupe eyeliner so I snatched this one up, and it's okay. The color is gray-taupe, almost with a tinge of green, which is not ideal, but what I don't like the most about this liner is the frostyness and the uneven application. When I apply it to my upper lash line, the pigment is pretty transparent and patchy and when I put on a second layer is gets really thick, crusty, and frosty, making the color appear to be a crackly ashy-taupe rather than just a smooth opaque gray-taupe. Maybe I need to shake the bottle for a longer period of time? I don't know. Even if the formula was a dream to apply, the color is a little off, a little "dead-looking", and does nothing for my blue-grey-green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lorikl

I have tried many eyeliners over the years; I'v'e got hooded eyes and I use sunscreen and moisturizers around my eyes so I've had problems in recent years (as I've aged, sigh) with eyeliner/eye pencils not staying put. This one stays put! I was pleasantly surprised; It's not too intense for my fair skin and I wanted a nice daytime, or anytime look that wasn't harsh. This color is great; it makes my eyes pop a bit and the liner stays put all day. I thought it would be a pain to apply but it's not; yay, the first liquid eyeliner I like!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Seraphic

It was good when I was younger definitely, I love the felt tip applicator however it just isn't lasting for me anymore. I find myself having to fix my eyeliner with this quite often. I think I'll keep the applicator for my Bobbi Brown gel liner but otherwise I won't be using this any longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 4:02:00 AM More reviews by tangoveay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice eyeliner, easy to apply and stays on during the day. The color is light brown and looks natural on the eyes. Great for 9 to 5 makeup. I am planning to buy darker colors for night time usage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by fqari84

let me start of by saying that i am an eyeliner girl...i'm sort who owns more eyeliners than i own eye shadows (which i usually skip wearing anyways)...i love this hard to find liquid eyeliner shade. i'm not a fan of eye pencils because they disappear after a couple of hours, at the same time i'm not too fond of the harsh look of black liquid liners for daily use (and most liquid liners only come in black, black brown, and even navy blue *shiver*). this one suits me perfectly it defines and accentuates my eyes without making me look made up, perfect for casual-daily use. i also layer my soft black or smoky colored eye pencil over the liquid liner on days i feel like putting on make up to help with the staying power.
i have to add that i actually intended to get TBS's liquid liner in brown because i was afraid that the taupe would be too light, but when i tested the brown one on my skin, it had a weird bluish tinge to it. then i tried the taupe and it was the perfect smoky-brown shade...not too light, but if you're prone to dark eye circles/eye bags like i am, just make sure you cover em up with concealer first, otherwise this taupe eyeliner will just 'disappear' into them.
this is most ideal for those with fair coloring and light colored eyes, but dark haired/dark eyed girls with fair-medium complexions can use this too if they hate the harsh look of black liquid liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2006 2:18:00 PM More reviews by whyknot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product for YEARS - it was the first liquid liner i bought more than once, when i was 16! Its a perfect color for pale blondes, where most browns and all blacks look far too harsh. I was SO sad when this was discontinued for a few years - the closest I found as a replacement was UD liquid liner in Smog, but that was a little greenish. Last trip to TBS, lo and behold, this is back! The brush is stiff, not like UD at all, but I find I get a more consistent line with this than the long bristle brushes. But really, this one's all about the color. Fair-haired ladies - check it out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2002 3:20:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

This eyeliner, with brush, comes in a tiny narrow conical bottle, where the top of the cone forms the handle of the brush. It has a very smooth texture, neither too liquid nor too thick, and the brush never overloads itself, so it's easy to get a good clean line. The brush is tapered, so it's possible to line as thickly or thinly as you want. The product is long-lasting, and doesn't flake off during the day. The shade name, 'taupe', is a little misleading, as it's actually a classic mid to dark brown, ideal for lighter eyes. Although the product is relatively cheap, you get such a tiny quantity that oz for oz it actually works out more expensive than premium brands such as Nars, which is worth considering if you need it for daily use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2001 7:06:00 PM More reviews by SusanR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tend to prefer TBS's body products over their makeup, but their taupe liquid eye liner is one of my staples. It's only $10 (last time I checked) & works great! The brush is a little thicker than UD's liquid liners, but I find it makes an equally precise line. Taupe is a great everyday color the likes of which I haven't found in other lines.