November 27, 2014 | 1337 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Squirrel Hair Long Handle Round Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by robynlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush is amazing. I use it to apply my blush and it is so soft and luxe. I will probably never use another brush again to apply my blush as this really is it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2006 4:17:00 AM More reviews by prettypopy

I LOVE this luxurious brush. I did alot of readings into different types of natural bristles ranging from, goat, pony, kolinsky, badger, sable, and blue/grey squirrel. Squirrel brushes are the best expecially for those with sensitive skin. Mineral makeup goes on more beautifully with a fine quality squirrel brush, not to mention your skin will thank you for it. Great for blush or powder. My mineral makeup look 10x better with this brush than regular brushes (which I own at least 10 of them ranging from goat to badger). I have been using these quirrel brushes for a year now and I wash it once a week with mild shampoo. It has been a dream! Inspite of the $40.00 price for the brush, it is worth every dime, penny and more! This is probably my best beauty investment. The handles are comfortable to the touch. The bristles are silky soft. Wash after wash, bristles do not shed and they remain as dense as the day I bought it. I would definitely repurchase this brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2006 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

*****UPATE: I guess I am glad that I didn't get rid of this brush, since I've found a use for it with dark, very pigmented blushes that require a light hand, so I've upped it to 2 lippies. However, it stil sheds, which drives me crazy.********

Well, I have to be the sole naysayer here, because I hate, hate, hate this brush. As others have mentioned, it is a very soft brush, but to me, that is the biggest downfall. To get any blush on the face, you need to really stroke it over and over the blush and buff it on the face, resulting is smashed bristles after each use. The brush only retains it's shape just after it is freshly washed. It works OK, but I need stiffer and denser bristles to accurately apply and blend my blush. I suppose it would work if you were using loose powder blush and were looking to apply it with a very light hand, but for standard powder blushes in cake format, forget it. I have replaced this with an MAC brush that I am very pleased with. The difference is night and day.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2006 2:42:00 AM More reviews by melikemochi

I bought this brush as an alternative to my Mac 109 brush as I needed a dome shaped blush brush that was small enough to apply dark colored blush to a limited area so it does not get all over my face. My beef with the mac brush was that it was not soft and i strongly dislike not soft brushes. The Sephora brush to my suprised was luxuriously soft. Much softer than the Trish McEvoy brushes I was looking at at Nordstroms. I decided to purchase the Sephora brush as it was the SOFTEST BRUSH IVE EVER FELT 9and ive felt a ton of brushes). I figured sephora has improved their brushes as a few years ago they all seemed cheap and rough. This brush is made of squirrel hair and cost me $36 which is a bit much for sephora brushes. Went home, tried it. Sure it feels SOOO soft and silky on my face but my rough mac brush applied my brush LONGYARDS better!! The brisltes on the sephora brush are just too long to provide me with any control So even though it felt luxuriously soft on skin, it applied blush horribly in my opinion So I will be keeping my eh... rough mac brush until i find a better one and returning this sephora brush. Note: I normally hold soft brushes in VERY high regard but this one is useless if it cannot get the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2004 4:17:00 AM More reviews by girl14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've realized that your blush is only as good as your blush brush, so when i was in sephora the other day, i picked this up, mainly because it felt so gorgeously soft. and i can really tell a difference in how much smoother my blush goes on. before, i was using the sonia kashuk brush from target, and i didn't realize how scratchy it was until i tried the sephora one. now i must find a good eyeshadow brush...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2003 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this so that I would have a nicer, yet still affordable, brush to use with my new NARS blush. This is one great brush for $17! It has a perfect shape and just the right amount of fullness. It picks up just the right amount of product, too. I have washed it twice, with extremely minimal shedding. Its supersoft, too. My only beef is that when I first washed it before using it the first time, it smelled rank and TONS of bluish black dye came out of it into my sink. Odd. Still, I'd definitely repurchase more Sephora brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2002 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a luxurious feeling blush brush--at $36 bit's not cheap--but you'll find out why when you try it out. It is perfect for applying a sheer wash of color. It feels soo soft against your skin, you will just love it.