April 25, 2014 | 1634 users online

Polishes - Hard Candy - nail polish

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by fxukiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought about 7 from the new lines. The ones without the glitter work well. The ones with the glitter are great but after a few months, they become thick and even after using nail polish thinner, they never really work the same.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've sampled pretty widely from the new HC nail polish line (the one that came out about a year ago) and have been very impressed overall with the color selection and formulas. I have particularly fallen in love with the Sprinkles line, and am sad that that they have already discontinued a few from that line to make way for more glitters. These polishes have a thinner formula, but apply very well and last a good while on me. $4 is a little pricey for such a small polish (0.26 oz) but I feel like the unique colors make up for it. I only wish that these were available at other stores rather than being Walmart exclusive :/ I think I have 9 total, but my favorites are Gummy Green, Sugar Rush, Black Tie Optional and Bite of Black. There are still a few more than I would like to get, but I don't get to Walmart all that often. Hoping these become more widely available!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by lauriebrown1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the colors in the 'Crush on' line, even colors I don't normally wear like the yellow. But the formula is very thing, so it takes multiple coats and the wear is awful. There is tip wear almost immediately, and it even peels from the cuticle end of the nail.

I've tried it with different base coats and even clear top coats, and the problems persist. I can only hope that they improve it because I am in love with Crush on Lava and some of the others like the hot pink and the fluorescent green.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by 2010

I have roughly 6 of these polishes (from the new collection). They are all easy to apply, are unique and last a decent amount of time. These do have formaldehyde in them unlike most of the polishes out there. I would probably repurchase more shades in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Elmo96

I bought this in Crush on Carribean, a sort of blue-green iridescent color. It's gorgeous in the bottle. However, the formula is very thin...it helps it go on smooth but it's definitely a two-three coater. It takes forever to dry, but some SV helped with that. I usually will get a week or so of wear out of my polishes, but this one started wearing at the nail tips just hours later, even with top coat, which is very disappointing. I'll still use it, but I have reservations about buying this brand again since I can get much better polishes for cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by saban

I have the color Beetle and it's a perfect match to Orly's Space Cadet. I love the color and I found it to be a thicker formula than the Orly and got full coverage in 2 coats.

I also have the Matte-ly in Love topcoat and I love it! The colors last long on my nails and the matte topcoat is perfect for giving a matte finish and for $5 it's a good buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ergiie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Terrible! It took forever to dry and peeled off the same day. I liked the colours, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by juicyasfcuk

i love this nail polish line the colors are great and vibrant. I don't find that they chip or anything till about 7 days after i applied it. i just put two coats on one thin and one uber thick layer and doesn't take too long to dry =)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I won Pretty In Punk in a giveaway. Glad I didnt pay for it because it peeled in less than 5 hrs. I tested it against a SH Extreme fushia on another nail to compare the colors (they were almost the same) and the SH still looks great. It's more opaque too. I had to do 3 coats of the HC vs one coat of the SH.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own Hard Candy's nail polish in several colors, and I've enjoyed each one of them so far. I can't say how easily it chips, because I have naturally long n' hard nails, and I'm a receptionist so I'm typing on a hard old keyboard most of the day. But it seems to hold up very nicely. Most of the colors go on softer and lighter than you'd think, but that's nothing that a second coat won't fix.

But I feel the need to mention the color Hypnotic: It's a light pink color, with a golden shine to it. The golden shine doesn't look golden on the white of my nails, it only looks yellow. So this is one color that might not look good on natural, long nails. But it is still an attractive color, and it looks good with almost any accessories and outfits.

EDIT 10/06/10: I've been trying the polishes with glitter in them, and I'm not at all thrilled with them. The polishes with the fine glitter feel very rough, almost like sand paper, even with a base and top coat. The ones with chunky glitter are worse. The big glitter bites start to flake off, and it makes the nails look damaged. Again, this is with a base a top coat. I wouldn't recommend the glitter polishes to anyone.