April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Diva

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to MAC looking for a nude lipstick for my Back to Mac and couldn't find any that looked good with my skintone....so I went for a red and ended up with this after trying many colors! I don't like a heavy lipstick look, so I put Cherry liner underneath to brighten it a little and then a sheer layer of Diva, and it ends up looking great with my skintone. I hate looking for lipsticks so I would repurchase this rather than look for something else, but it's not necessarily HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by cindikinnns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love love love this lipstick. I went into Mac trying to find the shade Just A Bite and came out with this. I love how this shade has the correct balance of red and black to create a truly retro, vampy look. I am a big fan of dark lips and wearing this color makes me feel mature, sophisticated and very cool. It is def a unique color and it goes on smooth with a matte finish - i recommend this for anyone looking for a dark, retro lipcolor for fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I thought Riri Woo is the best shade of red there is but when I finally got my hands on this, I am instantly in love!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by glockgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this color....was looking for a perfect Burgundy/red and diva is the one....i whiten my teeth & this shade really makes them pop! Lots of compliments!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by breatenz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved this color. The only red that I can confidently rock.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by sheresists99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first Mac lipsticks that I've ever purchased. It is definitely one of my favourites (if not my favourite). It is a really beautiful rich red/brownish burgandy. It is very pigmented, lasts a long time, and has a gorgeous matte finish. It's definitely a staple and perfect for the fall. I highly recommend this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was trying to decide between Diva, and Dubonnet, but went with Diva because Dubonnet has too much brown in it for my taste. Diva is a deep reddish burgundy, with a matte finish, and is a great color for fall or winter. Because it's matte it can be drying, so I apply it after I let lip balm soak in for a few minutes. That also means it's pigmented, opaque, and wears for a really long time. I am pretty fair, so there is a huge contrast when I wear this shade. But I wear it with black eyeliner and black mascara and it looks really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by solong2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This color is amazing. I pair it with the MAC lipliner in Nightmoth and it turns into this gorgeous plum/burgundy vampy look that is perfect for the fall and winter. I receive so many compliments when I wear it. It is kind of hard to apply if you're a beginner at lipsticks, though. Use a light and steady hand!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of my favorite lipsticks in my collection--and I own a lot.

In my opinion, this is my favorite vampy, fall color. My skin undertones are very yellow/olive and deep, wine shades have always looked the best on me. I imagine this would look good on most skin tones. I was expecting the lipstick to be a bit dry when I first purchased it, but to my surprise, it wasn't that dry. Just make sure that you moisturize your lips before (I just use plain old Chapstick) you apply it. When you first apply the lipstick, it feels a little bit dry but when you continue applying it, it gets a little more easier to apply. It doesn't look that matte when you first put it on but once a few minutes passes, it's definitely matte.

Someone once told me that Wet n Wild's Cherry Bomb (from their Megalast lipstick line) was a dupe for MAC's Diva, so I went out to go buy that one since it only retails for around $1.99. With that price (and coupons or deals that Wet n Wild always has like 40% off or BOGO) I decided to give it a try because that price definitely beats MAC's lipstick price. However, although the color is quite similar, there was one big difference. The Wet n Wild lipstick bled like CRAZY which MAC's Diva never does. Especially if you're planning to use that lipstick for all day use.

However, if you want to save money on lipstick and you don't plan to eat/drink with the Wet n Wild lipstick, then I suggest buying it considering you can get it for around two dollars, if not less. It is a little drying, so make sure to moisturize and see if lipliner prevents any bleeding.

For me, I'll always go back to MAC's Diva. Beautiful shade, beautiful pigmentation, and amazing staying power.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Diva is a nice wine shade. I don't care for it since it applies unevenly and blotchy. It takes me longer to get out the door since I have to make it look presentable. Not a repurchase for me.