July 24, 2014 | 1603 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Diva

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by romagrey

This is my signature lipstick! it makes me feel so confident. great formula and color and it suits my dark hair and pale-olive complexion so well. I would trade in like 90% of my lipsticks for a lifetimes supply of this shade. I know it will be a staple for me for many years to come.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect dark red colour for autumn and winter and I absolutely LOVE it!!! I find it hard to wear any other time of year but it is definitely a must buy! I love the matte-ish formula but it definitely needs a lipliner, please don't wear it without lipliner people or else it will bleed outside of your lipline...I hate that! It is slightly warm toned so I feel like it makes my teeth look slightly yellow compared with cool toned reds however, I still love this lipstick and will be wearing it throughout autumn and winter this year!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

Diva- macs intense, sultry lipstick! On me it's a very dark red while on my friend who is bit fairer it looks like a burgundy colour. I love the matte finish, makes it look more sophisticated, the colour is a show stopper! People look twice at you because like I mentioned it's very sultry. Perfect for fall due to its darkness but I love wearing it in summer as well. I can only wear diva if my outfit is dark so generally black tops and dresses. Looks great with leather too! I could never stop repurchasing this! If you want to try vampy colours but you're afraid to try diva first. It's dark but not like cyber or smoked purple. Diva may be compatible to colours like media and hangup but I don't see much resemblance on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE Diva! For ages, I was wearing Russian Red. I began to think it was red enough, but not deep enough. I didn't want something more purple, or more brown. Just darker! Diva is just that! Smooth, no feathering, no crusty garbage, sinks in nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Barbirivera

I went to MAC yesterday looking for fall colors and I ended up buying Diva and Rebel. I'm in love. I've been wearing Diva since I tried it on in the store. It's the perfect vampy red, it's matte so lip balm is a must, but overall it's those purchases I certainly do not regret. Maybe HG, I'll have to come back to you on that one!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by weheartmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Diva is a beautiful, rich, "Oxblood" color. I went into MAC specifically asking for a fall color, winter color and one that I could wear during the holidays. The MAC MUA gave me Diva to try on and I loved it. The reason why I took one lippie off was because it does fall into the little lines on my lips. I know it matte, but i just feel its more noticeable. Either way, I will still be repurchasing this color (:

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Sej1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday red during colder temps. This past winter I rediscovered an old frost color I had sitting around, O, and started wearing them together for a beautiful deep red with an ombré finish. I get compliments all the time!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Sharmina01

This colour is perfect for a medium skin colour, I can pull this dark colour off for everyday wear without it looking over the top! It is a matte wear but I love it regardless!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My only, my favorite "red". More burgundy with berry undertones, I rarely wear this full on, even though it's gorgeous full on, and sexy, and vampy. Day to day though, I wear it blotted on and sheered out with a burgundy lip liner for a full, just bitten, berry-stained look. The look is so beautiful and perfect for any time of the year, for any occasion, and most make up, although lately, I've been going super minimal on my eyes (just mascara and maybe falsies if I'm in the mood, no liner or shadow).

Matte formula. I love MAC's mattes, we get along so well, but some may find it drying. My tube is years old (I've only just rediscovered it) and I'm finding that the actual bullet can go dry and feel chalky from time to time, I'm not sure if a newer tube would feel the same (I should get a newer tube), but my other MAC mattes have never had this problem. I rarely use this lipstick without some sort of balm and find that this easily fixes the dryness issue.

Lasting power is average for a matte lipstick, a few hours maybe, when worn sheerly. The more vampy/darkly I apply it, the higher the upkeep.

VGIII is similar, but more brown-toned, whereas I'd classify Diva as more berry-toned.

nw15-20, hazel green eyes and dark blonde/light brown hair, mid-thirties.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by lovepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't think I was lipstick girl until I met this one. Before, I stuck with my Clinique Black Honey and just suffered through constant reapplications. I've tried low end to high end, and none worked. The nude lip look didn't work for me at all, and every other color I've tried just felt silly or clownish. I did like one from MUFE, but not enough to reapply. It was frustrating to feel like my face was never done. I would have a perfect makeup day, except for that. I knew that MAC Matte was supposed to have amazing staying power, but had pretty much given up on my lipstick search. They just all looked wrong. I decided to give it one more shot and asked a sales associate to help me find something natural. She humored me, and we tried about 4 billion shades that matched my lips and did nothing for my face.

AND THEN. She said to me, just try it. You don't even have to wear makeup with this and you will look better. MAC Diva. I was more than familiar with the color, it's freaking everywhere. But it always looked a bit scary for my face. Well, I put it on. Oh my god. I was transformed and I am not exaggerating. And I can literally wear this with just a tiny swipe of mascara and look done. A tiny dab adds just a hint of stain that is beautiful, and full coverage with this is so dramatic and amazing. No hint of clown. Just beautiful, grown up, put together color. I can't express how much I love this and wish I'd tried it sooner.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No