MAC Matte - Diva

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Steaoyl Stearate, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)]

on 8/29/2015 5:01:00 AM

I love this vampy, plummy colour on my fair skin- I wear it during the day over Mac Cupcake and it gives me a gorgeous day-time purple/pink colour. I wear it at night on its own as a vampy gorgeous colour. Love it!

on 5/28/2015 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have finally found the perfect vampy lip for my skin tone and also my age (18). I've just started getting into MAC lipsticks and it took me ages to decide between Diva, Dark Side and Rebel. Oh, the number of times my friend let me try on her Dark Side. Dark Side is a tad more purple, and Rebel just ended up being too magenta-purple and also needed multiple coats to obtain that dark lip finish.
Before purchasing Diva, I had already bought Revlon's Black Cherry (intensely dark, but really rubbish formula.) and also Gerard Cosmetic's Cherry Cordial (super vampy, I do like it. Can't really understand how it's more expensive than MAC though.)
I love brown smokey eyes and brown winged liners, and Dark Side, being an amplified finish, was just too OTT with my regular go to eye makeup look. Diva is matte, but not flat matte.
I personally think Diva will be flattering on more skin tones as well as it is more red-based. It gives a classic feel to your whole look.
Really happy I bought this lippy, it's a gorgeous shade and it doesn't make my lips dry or cling to any dry patches that severely. A must have for anyone wanting a first good dark lip.

Love this product! I have olive skin because I'm Italian so i also have dark features, and this color is just amazing! the only thing I have to criticize on it, is if I wear it when I go out clubbing or all day, and I need to keep reapplying it tens to clump together on the lip, but other than that AMAZING!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this as a birthday gift and I think I would've really loved it if I hadn't already tried the Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in 107 (total dupe) which is not only amazing but a third of the price. However, I adore the shade, which is a beautiful dark burgundy, super vampy and right up my alley. I also love the true matte finish and the lovely vanilla scent. It holds up for at least six hours (I haven't worn it for longer) and is very opaque and pigmented.

My only complaint is the formula, which is drying (expected) and difficult to apply (patchy). For the pricetag, you would hope that this wasn't the case.

I love diva so much!!! On my skin tone its a very dark purpley red, quite vampy but every time I wear it it makes me feel like empowered! Lol. I do think if you can find a lip liner to go with it then that will help for a more polished finish. I've heard that night moth goes well with it but I've yet to pick that up.

Also i think for myself it's more or an autumn/winter shade but each to their own :) It's super matte and a little drying but because it's such a gorgeous shade I honestly don't mind. The matte and retro matte are my favourite!

on 3/21/2015 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Im nc44 skin and this is burgandy red on me, completely matte, vampy, lovely for winter. Really lovely colour

on 3/19/2015 9:12:00 PM

This is honestly my favorite mac lipstick. It's matte so it is a bit drying but not overly so. It's ridiculously pigmented and even though I don't pair it with a lip liner it last all day and doesn't even bleed around the edges. The color a beautiful rich and striking burgundy, looks amazing on my pale skin but I think it would flatter all skin tones, pale, tan, dark, and anything in between.

on 3/12/2015 3:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I spent the better part of the winter trying to find a great burgundy red lipstick. So many were too black or brown based, or veered off into purple. This lipstick is my perfect vampy red. It lasted fairly well on me, and it really suits my skin tone. I would be really upset if it vanished tomorrow, it is one of my HG lipsticks!

on 3/5/2015 6:29:00 PM

Color is great, nice matte burgundy red. But the thing I was disappointed about was how fast the color fades. Expected more from a MAC lipstick. Next time I will try a lipstick from another line of MAC.

on 3/1/2015 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

The color is a universally flattering deep burgundy red. It looks great on both my medium skin tone and my friend with milky fair skin. I love mattes so I was expecting the dryness, but it's easily solved with a bit of exfoliation and lip balm beforehand. It also lasts all day!

Recommended for Medium Skin