MAC Matte - Diva

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Steaoyl Stearate, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)]

Got it as a gift and then wondered why I never got it for myself sooner.
Such a seemingly vampy color that looks so elegant on.

I've tanned Chinese skin and it doesn't make me appear dull, which some dark colors do.
My 60 year old mom is much fairer and it looks great on her too strangely.
Highly recommend you to try it on at a MAC counter if unsure about such a rich and dark shade. Got my mom the Diva lip liner too so she can get the corners more easily than with a lip brush. I don't find it an issue. Dark mattes are easier to apply than glossy ones for me.

Definitely a great alternative to a red lip for dinners. Doesn't transfer easily and fades down nicely. Over 10 hours on, it does peel lips slightly but that doesn't sway my love for it the least bit.

Diva is a very dark red with a bit of burgundy to it. It's a beautiful, classic, classy shade that suits basically every single person in the world. It's the perfect shade to throw on with just some mascara and loads of highlighter: it makes a statement and takes very little effort.
Although Diva is gorgeous, the shade is not very unique, which means you can find dupes in practically any brand. It'll all depend on what kind of formula you prefer.

Diva is inside the "Matte" range on MAC. As you might know, MAC's matte lipsticks aren't very matte at all.

Some pros on the formula:
- Diva is very, very pigmented and creamy. Because of that, it glides on effortlessly and doesn't tug on the lips (unlike Ruby freaking Woo).
- It doesn't emphasize lines and dry patches, and it doesn't suck the moisture off your lips.
- It feels very comfortable on the lips. I'd say it never fully sets to a very matte finish (which could be a con to many people), unless you've been wearing it many hours. It has a little bit of sheen and moisture to it. It's nothing major, though, but if you like very very matte, skip this.
- It's very longlasting.
- The creamy formula makes it quite versatile, since you can apply it full on or just lightly dab it for a youthful stain.
- The yummy vanilla scent typical of MAC lipsticks.

Some cons:
- It transfers and budges if you touch your lips on something.
- It fades when you eat, BUT it fades gracefully and evenly, unlike most liquid lipsticks that crack and peel and then become a thick goopy mess that you can't remove properly and look awful if reapplied. This just fades leaving a stain, which is far less embarrassing.
- I find that I need a lip liner with this, because the emollience makes it a bit difficult to get the corners with precision (not impossible, though).

Some tips to make it last longer: wear a lip liner underneath, covering the whole lips; blot with a tissue after the first layer, and then apply a second layer with patting motions (this just makes it more solid on the lips); dust a bit of loose powder afterwards if you wanna make it very matte.

I'd recommend this if you're not a fan of liquid lipsticks and if you're looking for a more flattering, forgiving formula that stays put for hours whilst still feeling comfortable and lightly moisturising. If you don't intend to eat while you have it on, I'd say a liquid lipstick is probably best since it won't ever budge; but if you intend to eat, this is, surprisingly enough, a lot less high maintenance.

I bought this to be a nice fall plummy red lip. It applied smoothly and I found the formula to not be overly drying. It took two applications to be opaque and not splotchy. But the staying power was just not there. For the money, I wasn't impressed. Instead I recommend the NYX lip stain in Copenhagen. Same shade, same texture, easier application, and half the price.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

On my mmm w/yellow undertones, c4 winter skin, I tend to branch to dark lips during the fall and winter. I've tried a ton of reddish colors from mac and most do not flatter. Then comes diva. On my pigmented lips, it looks like a matte, burgundy color. Very chic and sexy. This and Rebel r my faves this season!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It's not bad. Kind of drying, but not horrid.

My biggest complaint about this lipstick is that it flushes me out more than I ever thought I could be. I'm extremely pale, I mean I thought it would look nice and daring on me but it makes me look a bit sick. For that reason, I wouldn't repurchase it but overall the formula is good and the pigmentation is slammin'.

One swipe of this stuff and you have an opaque line that is for sure. You definitely need a lip liner with this however, don't even try to attempt wearing it without because you will regret it. Due to it's insane pigmentation it will show every mistake.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Never wore red lipstick and yes I know it's not that red like most colors but for me it's red and I like it doesn't make my full lips look fake like those plastic candy lips lol but its my go to red lipstick

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

...what can I say? I love Diva and Diva loves me. As simple as that. Combined with "Vino" lip liner, you can't go wrong.
Why haven't I tried Diva before. Why? So many years wasted trying to find my perfect red. Now, even my "Russian Red" which was forgotten in a corner somewhere (it doesn't suit me very well), looks good with a touch of Diva.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Nc42 East Indian skin. Red brown hinting Purple and beautiful.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Gorgeous burgundy lippie that is perfect for fall/ winter. It is dry and matte which I prefer when it comes to dark colours. I apply over lip balm and pair it with Sephora invisible waterproof liner to prevent the colour from migrating.

The staying power is average. It lasts 4 – 5 hours. It fades nicely leaving beautiful stain.

I love this vampy, plummy colour on my fair skin- I wear it during the day over Mac Cupcake and it gives me a gorgeous day-time purple/pink colour. I wear it at night on its own as a vampy gorgeous colour. Love it!

Recommended for Medium Skin