MAC Matte - Diva

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Steaoyl Stearate, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)]

I bought this to be a nice fall plummy red lip. It applied smoothly and I found the formula to not be overly drying. It took two applications to be opaque and not splotchy. But the staying power was just not there. For the money, I wasn't impressed. Instead I recommend the NYX lip stain in Copenhagen. Same shade, same texture, easier application, and half the price.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

On my mmm w/yellow undertones, c4 winter skin, I tend to branch to dark lips during the fall and winter. I've tried a ton of reddish colors from mac and most do not flatter. Then comes diva. On my pigmented lips, it looks like a matte, burgundy color. Very chic and sexy. This and Rebel r my faves this season!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It's not bad. Kind of drying, but not horrid.

My biggest complaint about this lipstick is that it flushes me out more than I ever thought I could be. I'm extremely pale, I mean I thought it would look nice and daring on me but it makes me look a bit sick. For that reason, I wouldn't repurchase it but overall the formula is good and the pigmentation is slammin'.

One swipe of this stuff and you have an opaque line that is for sure. You definitely need a lip liner with this however, don't even try to attempt wearing it without because you will regret it. Due to it's insane pigmentation it will show every mistake.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Never wore red lipstick and yes I know it's not that red like most colors but for me it's red and I like it doesn't make my full lips look fake like those plastic candy lips lol but its my go to red lipstick

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

...what can I say? I love Diva and Diva loves me. As simple as that. Combined with "Vino" lip liner, you can't go wrong.
Why haven't I tried Diva before. Why? So many years wasted trying to find my perfect red. Now, even my "Russian Red" which was forgotten in a corner somewhere (it doesn't suit me very well), looks good with a touch of Diva.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Nc42 East Indian skin. Red brown hinting Purple and beautiful.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Gorgeous burgundy lippie that is perfect for fall/ winter. It is dry and matte which I prefer when it comes to dark colours. I apply over lip balm and pair it with Sephora invisible waterproof liner to prevent the colour from migrating.

The staying power is average. It lasts 4 – 5 hours. It fades nicely leaving beautiful stain.

I love this vampy, plummy colour on my fair skin- I wear it during the day over Mac Cupcake and it gives me a gorgeous day-time purple/pink colour. I wear it at night on its own as a vampy gorgeous colour. Love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have finally found the perfect vampy lip for my skin tone and also my age (18). I've just started getting into MAC lipsticks and it took me ages to decide between Diva, Dark Side and Rebel. Oh, the number of times my friend let me try on her Dark Side. Dark Side is a tad more purple, and Rebel just ended up being too magenta-purple and also needed multiple coats to obtain that dark lip finish.
Before purchasing Diva, I had already bought Revlon's Black Cherry (intensely dark, but really rubbish formula.) and also Gerard Cosmetic's Cherry Cordial (super vampy, I do like it. Can't really understand how it's more expensive than MAC though.)
I love brown smokey eyes and brown winged liners, and Dark Side, being an amplified finish, was just too OTT with my regular go to eye makeup look. Diva is matte, but not flat matte.
I personally think Diva will be flattering on more skin tones as well as it is more red-based. It gives a classic feel to your whole look.
Really happy I bought this lippy, it's a gorgeous shade and it doesn't make my lips dry or cling to any dry patches that severely. A must have for anyone wanting a first good dark lip.

Love this product! I have olive skin because I'm Italian so i also have dark features, and this color is just amazing! the only thing I have to criticize on it, is if I wear it when I go out clubbing or all day, and I need to keep reapplying it tens to clump together on the lip, but other than that AMAZING!!

Recommended for Medium Skin