Bonne Bell Smackers Lip Sparkler

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/9/2013 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have these in vanilla frosting, watermelon ice and dream pop. My mom used to buy me the vanilla and watermelon in elementary and middle school and I loved them so these hold a bit of nostalgia for me. The vanilla and watermelon smell just like I remember. I bought the vanilla and watermelon at Wal-mart for a little over $3 and the dream pop at Ulta for around the same price. They all smell sweet and yummy. The dream pop smells like a creamsicle which I love! They are moisturizing and do make your lips nice and soft although if you eat it will come off. The smell isn't too strong and I actually wish the smell lasted a bit longer and there's a very light taste. I'm not really a shimmer person but I love these and they're not as shimmery as you may think they are by just looking at the tube. I want to get the other 3 flavors cotton candy clouds, celestial strawberry and raspberry spritz. If you're looking for something inexpensive, that smells yummy, and is moisturizing without being sticky then I definitely recommend these.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have this in Sugar Cookie Icing and it came with a nail polish by Bonne Bell in the shade Sugar. The product is very sparkly as it says Sparkler right on the package. In the container it appears white but on the lips it is clear. The formula is a little bit thick, but a little bit goes a long way. It is NOT sticky at all and is kinda moisturizing. Before I move on to the cons, let me tell you about the smell. Oh my gosh is it delicious! The smell is like cookie dough, vanilla, and sugar. It smells just like it says it does. One thing I don't like about it is the staying power. If you talk for about half an hour this stuff just comes right off. Another thing is the taste. If it smells like sugar cookie icing then you would expect it to taste like it, right? It tastes artificial. Like someone tried to make it taste good, but something went terribly wrong. It tastes disgusting and I regret licking it off my lips.

on 9/7/2010 9:38:00 PM

Yum, I have Raspberry Orbit, and Vanilla Frosting. I still have to purchase LipLites. These are not just a treat, aha, but great at moisturizing chapped lips. They do stay for awhile, but the shimmer might collect. They leave a slight tint too, and can practically go with any look. Bonne might be marketed at pre-teens and juniors, but I believe the balms and glosses, can be used at any age.

I used this pre-teen, I had watermelon and strawberry and I've used them so much the bottles are see-through! I just recently bought this again in Watermelon Ice, I love the fruity scent and the color, though it's very sheer and very glittery. It doesn't have as much color pay-off as some, which is why I took a star off. They aren't stick though, which is a big plus for me.
I buy these for everyday use, because they are often so subtle, definately something to keep in your clutch!

on 1/28/2009 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I used to use these waaay back when... I'm by no means a gloss girl (LOVE my eyeliners though...) but for whatever they are ($3?) even I get suckered into using them... Plus it's not a thick, sticky gloss unlike some of the HE brands. The strawberry and cotton candy leave a slight pink shimmer that doesn't add too much color, just a nice healthy tint. I can justify buying these since I rarely wear gloss, plus these are so fun. Oddly for all the HE glosses I've convinced myself to try to convert me to the lip-heavy look, I still come back to these. I've never found a HE gloss that was worth the $ in the end, but these you can't beat. This reminds me I gotta pick some of these up...

on 1/28/2009 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this Lip Sparkler in Watermelon Ice. It is SOOO yummy! I bought it today and I can't put it down! It is a clear gloss that looks like it has a lot of glitter but it is just some subtle shimmer and shine! It looks so gorgeous and sexy on my lips and makes them look plump (for some reason).

The scent is like watermelon sorbet, it's so sweet and delicious and the taste isn't too bad either. This product is so moisturising and creamy. It glides on my lips and stays on =D

I would absolutely buy this again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to collect the Mocha Jolt and Cotton Candy Clouds =]

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

While I was getting some new eyeshadow and blush tonight, I passed these. Remembering how much I use to love the Cotton Candy Clouds smell, I couldn't resist picking it up! These glosses are so smooth and keep my lips moisturized, all while making me feel like an elementary kid agian! haha I'm still a sucker for the sweet cotton candy smell!

on 8/28/2008 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I forgot how much I loved these! I picked up a tube of Celestial Strawberry last night and haven't put it down since. I stopped using Lip Smackers a few years ago when I switched to Juicy Tubes, but I don't find the JT to be moisturising at all (quite the opposite!) and I had to continually go to bed with paw paw balm on my lips to soothe them.

Celestial Strawberry leaves a nice sheer pink colour on the lips, very minimal glitter and a delicious strawberry scent. It is also very moisturising. I took off 1 point because it doesn't last as long as other glosses I have tried.

on 6/11/2008 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, I bought this product in Celestial Strawberry and Vanilla Frosting. I wanted to buy Mocha Jolt instead of Celestial Strawberry, but Rite Aid doesn't have that. >_<

Consistency: Both are smooth and creamy. However, the first thing I noticed in the tube was that they (mostly the Vanilla Frosting) looked very oily. I think the top of the lipgloss in the tube actually had a bit of oil on the top.
Wear: Both are smooth on the lips.
Lasting power: A lot of people say this this doesn't last very long. For me, the hot summer sun has left the lipgloss melted onto my lips so it lasted for a pretty long time. 3 hours or so, but I wasn't very active during that time, lol.
Look: Both are clear on the lips and you can't see the shimmer unless you look up close. So it's like a shimmery clear color, both of them.
Smell: Don't get fooled. The Celestial Strawberry smells like fake strawberries. Pretty much like any other strawberry flavored gloss Lip Smackers makes. Overrated. The Vanilla Frosting smells like fake vanilla frosting. Pretty much like any other vanilla flavored gloss Lip Smackers makes.
Taste: Don't taste it. Unless you like to eat petroleum, but yes, I did lick my lips just to try. Not necassarily bad.

I probably would by this product again.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my Old Faithful Lip Gloss, I just LOVE IT, I've Been using it for so many years!! My favorite one is the watermelon. I Like it because its thin but not too thin, it stays on for a while and i really don't mind reapplying. The smell is just heavenly and it last long as well, it also taste great! And it MOISTURIZES MY LIPS! Out of all the Lip Glosses I've ever encountered I have to say this one is MY FAVORITE!!

Popular Lip Glosses