October 22, 2014 | 1070 users online

Highlighters - Maybelline - All Over Sun Splash shimmering body oil

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2001 10:26:00 AM More reviews by D-Girl

I agree whole heartedly with CindyLou's review. This stuff is awful. Unlike CindyLou, though, I couldn't get any shimmer to show up nor could I get any scent on my skin. The only reason I bought this was cause it smells sooooo good. Its my perfect coconut scent in the bottle, if only I could get it to smell like that on my skin, I could live with all the mess and fuss. But, the scent is just to light or perhaps non-existant outside the confines of the bottle. Who knows? All I know is that this product is a total and complete waste of $6. Steer clear. Don't let the luscious scent lure you in as it did me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2001 6:27:00 PM More reviews by CindyLou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is part of Maybelline's 2001 Summer line...and I'm completely up in the air over what I think of it. First of all, the bottle says "Do Not Use before sun exposure"
um, yeah. and the model pictured wearing it is reclining on a beach?? Anyway, this is a very good point...the exact time when this would show up the best (daylight) is exactly when you're NOT supposed to be using it. There are no SPF's in the product, and since it's oil based, it makes me wonder if it wouldn't be akin to slathering cooking oil on ones skin and baking on an ovenrack if you live in a sunny climate? Hmmm...and even if you DID use sunscreen, I would imagine the oil based coconut scented body shimmer, and the greasiness or lotion of the sunblock wouldn't mix very well on the skin.

So I used the bronzey "Coconut Glow" on a night out. It left me covered in little shimmery sparkles, but the coconut scent had largely disappeared after the first hour. One must remember to shower before hopping into bed, because the next morning when I woke up my bedsheets and pajamas were covered in little shimmery sparkles from the oil rubbing on them. sheesh! too much work for me with this product, and not really worth it. It would be best to stick with a shimmery self-tanner, or ANYTHING over this body oil.

OH, and the PACKAGING?? let's not forget that. It comes in a little bottle, like a travel-size shampoo bottle, which you have to shake vigorously to mix the gold dust and oil before application. but there's NO spray cap, NO constricted opening, NO squeeze bottle feature...it just flows out into your hand. ICK. I got a handful pouring out when I only wanted a bit, and it ran all over the place, down my arm, splattered on the floor...bleah. I had to move to the tub to apply this.

In short, just say NO to this one