Dior J'adore Body Lotion

on 7/4/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Compared to the creme, the lotion / body milk is more heavily scented.
The creme is more delicate/mellow and I could smell more vanilla. I'd say the creme smells similar to the shower gel.

I tested The lotion on my hands. It turned sharp on me in about ten minutes but smelled quite nice after I washed my hands with warm water and mild soap.
This gets me wondering if the lotion would smell nice from the beginning if I diluted it with a scentless lotion before application.

I had success turning j'adore EDP into a scented body lotion by mixing the perfume with crisco.
I will update if mixing crisco+lotion works out...

Bumping the rating to 5 lippies.
Mixed the lotion with Crisco (1:2 ratio). The mixture smells great on my skin, w/o the sharpness.

on 2/18/2013 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

This was an impulse buy: I needed a good lotion to pair with my Bond no. 9 Astor Place, which notoriously smells like J'Adore.
I love the lotion for its consistency and the long lasting fragrance. Plus the bottle looks outstanding.

on 11/4/2010 10:52:00 AM

It is a good thing I didn't buy the J'Adore Christmas set with the body milk. It is a good thing I tried the body milk first before buying.

It turned sour sharp and bitter-masculine, like stale men's aftershave. At first I thought I accidentally sprayed some nasty perfume on my hand, but it turned out to be the J'Adore body milk. It smells like those Berger lamp smells on me. Not nice.

When I first applied it, it smelled sharper and fruitier than the J'Adore EDP, but still acceptable. But after about an hour, it turned really horrid.

The EDP on me is great - I bought a 50ml - and the drydown of the EDP is completely different (i.e. nice!) from the body milk. I would give the EDP 4 or 5 stars for niceness of smell (though it is not thaaat unique). But for the body milk, sorry, I'll have to give it 0 lippies if I could. And it is pricey too.

Please try before buying!

on 6/17/2010 5:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Love love love this!!!
It's not too thick or too watery and it smells soooo nice; plus the smell lasts forever!
The lotion is perfect for the summer. You can add a drop of the j'adore perfume for a heavier smell although I wouldn't recommend it. It's kinda pricy but I would definately repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The lotion is watery but I like it this way as it rubs in quickly and is non-sticky. Even though its a body lotion, the scent lasts for hours!! I use mine as a scented hand lotion, or on my legs. I prefer this to the J'adore perfume.

I don't like this product. The smell is SO STRONG that it becomes NAUSEATING!

Not hydrating at all. The texture is nice and watery, so if you buy this, it'll only be for the pure sake of fancifulness. It doesn't do anything else except giving you a nice initial feeling when you spread it on.

When I first put this on it smelled sickly sweet and kind of gross. Nasty. Anyways I used the shower gel, then this and a spritz of the j'adore perfume and I smelled *heavenly* all day. It lasted a nice long time (from about 7 in the morning to about 5 or n6 at night. Yay! I got the whole set of the shower gel, lotion, and perfume in the mother's day gift set from sephora (i'm not a mother...but whatever...I bought my own mother something lovely too) so it wasn't as expensive as everyone says.

I hate to break this lotion's perfect record, but on me it just does not work. Many fragrances turn too sharp on my skin...the EDT of J'adore doesn't, but unfortunately, the lotion does. It does have a nice consistency, though.

I abselutely love this body lotion, it smell lovely just like the fragrance, and it has silk peptide ingridient in this moisturiser which basicly make your skin feel smoother and silkier. I sometime use the lotion by itself without the perfume and im quite suprised that it has its long lasting effect as well. Combine with the fragrance for a longer lasting effect. Love it, adore it, will definately repurchase.

on 1/13/2006 12:39:00 AM

I love the J'Adore perfume, and I love this lotion just as much. The bottle is fabulous looking. The scent is divine. Unlike most fragranced lotions, this is not sticky (it has a milky consistency) and it doesn't make my sensitive skin itch. Love it!!!

Popular Lotions / Creams