September 1, 2014 | 1820 users online

Scrubs - Beyond Belief - Vita C+ Exfoliating Apricot Citrus Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So, I bought this product on a whim because I saw it on sale at Sally's Beauty. I went home and started using it and the very next day my skin was breaking out worse than usual. I kept using it thinking it was just something else, and then my skin got even worse.
Without giving it another thought, I put it on my shelf and never really looked back until winter rolled around and my legs were really dry. I started using it as an exfoliation treatment before I shaved, and started to fall in love with the product.
Gradually, I started to use the product on my face, and I broke out again. This time I didn't quit using the product, mostly out of curiosity. Two weeks later, my skin was suddenly looking the best it had ever looked. I was blown away with the product after that and I HAD to buy more (because at this point I had almost run out. I had been using it on my legs and whatnot.)
I went to Sally's and found it hiding underneath some stuff, still in the clearance rack and bought two more bottles and went home with my loot. I decided to read some reviews on the products, and found that this particular product is "discontinued". I put that in quotes because of the fact that it is not discontinued, but the product that I am using is not the same as the product on the shelves in the new packaging. Beyond Belief changed the formulas of their products as well as the packaging, so beware if you love the original as much as I do!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by kittybearchiyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this for 3 years, and always loved it, smells like sweet oranges.
I love the sand-like feeling of the granules, as well as the creaminess. I'm shocked that anyone could have a bad reaction to it..my skin is very sensitive and this scrub was like a miracle to me. I used it every day and never had problems.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by ChrisBunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish I would have read the comment below before I bought this product! I love Vita-C products and use the peel mask and the serum, which leaves my skin super soft! On a whim, I bought the exfoliator and WOW what a dissapointment! After I applied and rinsed, my face immediately turned BRIGHT RED! My skin started to swell with tiny welps and started to burn! I don't know if i'm allergic to an ingredient in the product, or if the product was just too harsh for my skin. If you have sensitive skin, I advise you to STAY AWAY!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2008 7:53:00 PM More reviews by annya149

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WARNING TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC! Unless you want your skin damaged do NOT use this product.

I went to Sallys and they had it on sale so I thought why not.

After two days my skin burned to the point where I was crying! I naturally have oily skin but since it took so much of it off of it it turned red, dry, tough, and flaky.

I will NEVER use this product EVER again and highly reccomend that you do NOT use it unless you are a masochist who hates her face!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by ivories

At first, I liked this scrub, but after awhile, I found that it's too harsh for my skin. The tube says it's gentle enough to use daily, but not in my case. Twice a week is plenty. Not a bad scrub, but I wouldn't buy it again. However, the corresponding cleanser in this line is wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Sweetie1

I loved this scrub. I eventually broke out into cysts on my nose about a couple of days after each use--I would use it about once a week. If you are not acne-prone to the ingredients, USE THIS! I loved the tiny granules that were perfectly grainy--not huge like jojoba beads and certainly not too rough. You can FEEL a good, but gentle exfoliation. It's effective for getting rid of the flakes. Even though I'm no longer using this, I still can't find an alternative to this
Ingredients: Water, Polyethylene, Glyceryl Stearate, Disodiumcocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Nonoxynol-9, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Oleamido Mipa Sulfosuccinate, Ascorbic Acid, Apricot Kernel Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Stearamidoethyl Diethylamine, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4, Yellow 6 continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2006 11:53:00 AM More reviews by yojim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far, this is the best scrub (tied with the other Beyond Belief scrub) I've tried for my oily, yet flakey, acne-prone, sensitive skin. I don't even need a moisturizer after using this scrub, yet it doesn't feel heavy or greasy. It gets rid of all the flaky skin tretinoin leaves behind without irritating at all and it leaves my skin so incredibly soft. And the price can't be beat at less than $6.00. It even has a nice smell and the packaging is not wasteful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2006 2:10:00 AM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh baby this is a nice scrub. I have oily, dehydrated, and acne-prone skin. After using this scrub my face isn't dry and tight and it's noticeably more even-toned. I pretty much despise the St. Ives Apricot Scrub and haven't had luck with any other kind of specific scrub as of late, save this one. It smells delicious and doesn't aggravate my skin. I'm so glad I saw a rave for this on the Board! And it's pretty cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2005 9:46:00 PM More reviews by jmarie0315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Much gentler than St Ives and other scrubs with walnut shell powder. My skin feels clean without being dry. I'm very, very oily all over.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2004 4:40:00 AM More reviews by reptilegrrl

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice scrub. It's not too harsh, but it gets the job done. The creamy base is very smooth. The fragrance is clean and not overpowering. It left my skin clear and soft.

I don't like the packaging much. The tube is made of a hard plastic, so it's difficult to get the last bits of product out. However, that's my ONLY complaint. This stuff is great.