July 29, 2014 | 1493 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Love Child Loner Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 3:22:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

Sure, this is massively old, and discontinued, and likely no one will ever read this review anyhow ...
but I just rediscovered Love Child from my collection when I was going through some old stuff. I was reminded of how good Hard Candy eyeshadows *used* to be - highly pigmented, great texture, easy to pick up on the brush ...

Love Child is a great muted silver/lightly taupe color with plenty of shimmer (not huge chunks of glitter, and not overly metallic either). Since the texture of mine still seems just as good as when I bought it, I'm going to hang onto this little gem, and continue enjoying it. What a fun thing to rediscover!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2005 11:01:00 PM More reviews by weezy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this at an outlet store for 3 bucks a couple of days ago. I've been using it all over my lid and in the inner corners of my eyes. It's pretty and sparkly, a nice not too bright silver. It goes on really easily with a brush, and stays well. I think it's a little loud for day, but I love it for special occasions.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2005 2:00:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this from a really sweet swapper and in the pan, it looked like the perfect silvery taupe neutral. Unfortunately on my lids, the colour appeared lighter than in the pan and gave me a chalky effect which with the shimmer, made my eyes look puffy. But might work on someone with lighter tones - lovely packaging though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2002 5:11:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

This is my new fave neutral shimmer wash. Usually I use Stila Wheat, but I think I almost like Love Child better- it's the same light taupe shimmer, but the sparkles are more silver and prettier, IMO. It really seems to brighten up my eyes, even when used alone, and it works wonders to even out any redness on my eyelids.

Plus, the packaging is so cute- a great little silver compact! Thumbs up for this shade. I would repurchase, but sadly cannot as HC has been discontinued from Australia. But I'll be hankering to swap for it for sure! continued >>