November 28, 2014 | 1847 users online

Skincare - Face - Mary Kay - Oil-Control Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by missdiordior

OMG The product is amazing! I have horrible combination skin and it tends to get oily in summer. But this worked perfectly on me, I have been using this product for almost half an year now and it never caused me any problem. It feels very soft and fresh, and light-weighted. I am using it everyday and I feel so blessed I got this product.

Repurchase? Definitely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Another must have for summer...this product works great in combating oily skin,I have no complaints about it at all=) I luv how its helps to keep my face shine free!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by lindsey251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is alright. It's definitely a pricey one, and I don't think it's worth it. Even though I have combination skin, this was recommended to me by my representative. I doesn't control the oils on your face at all. The bottle is decent sized. It's 3.75 oz and will probably last me a good 4-6 months. The smell isn't pleasant, and it feels greasy on your face when first applying. It settles within 3 minutes, but it doesn't control oil at all on the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by ShannaLoren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Used this for the first time today under my Fyrinnae primer. I dont know which one it was, but I did not get oily at all and I am a girl that gets oily after 45 min of washing my face!!! I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product a couple of months ago but never used it. I was out of my MAC oil control lotion AND I'm trying (well, maybe not trying very hard) to finish using a product up before I purchase another .....so I dusted this off.

I have to say it has made a positive difference. I live in hot humid Texas and makeup will melt off your face. This has help me stay fairly oil free. I still blot (MAC blot) at noon BUT that's a vast improvement for me. Also, my makeup stays on w/no fading.

Does it control my oilness completely? No, I don't think anything ever will but this is close.I didn't see that much difference between my regular MAC oil control lotion and Mary Kay's. Both work for me.

Not sure I will repurchase. I do like this but I'm still on a quest for HG. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2008 12:30:00 AM More reviews by peacheshoneyblossom

i was looking for an alternative to the expensive MAC oil control lotion but i just ended up wasting more money because this lotion is POINTLESS. i was so excited to recieve and try it but it did absolutely nothing for my skin in helping the oil, in fact i find that when i use it in the afternoon my skin actually feels MORE greasy and i need to use blot papers alot. So i sprung for the MAC, i suggest you do the same!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 1:55:00 AM More reviews by chitown73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't say enough about this product. Every summer my skin gets so darn oily from the heat and humidity. I am so glad I read the previous reviews for this stuff and decided to try it. I use about a nickel-sized amount all over my face. It sinks right in, feels smooth and silky going on, and doesn't dry out my skin. I put it on underneath my regular moisturizer and sunscreen, followed up by foundation and the rest of my makeup. So far, and I've been using this for one week in very hot weather, and I've only had to touch up once with a little bit of powder in the middle of the day. AMAZING! My makeup no longer melts or slides off my face. I have sensitive skin, and I have no breakouts or irritation from using this stuff. If anything, I've noticed that a couple of zits I had have shriveled up very quickly. This is my new HG, and I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by arabgirl

works very well to control oil, i like it better than proactive

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2006 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does control oil, but at night when I wash my face I have clogged pores. The next morning I have black and white heads all over my nose and cheeks.
I can't use it, but other may.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

Not impressed. Depending on your needs, there are other Mary Kay products superior to this one. If you're interested in oil control, I would suggest the Oil Mattifier. It's not the best I've tried, but it controls oil far better than this lotion. If you want a light moisturizer, the Oil Free Hydrating Gel is also a superior product. This doesn't moisturize much, doesn't control oil very well, doesn't do much of anything, really.