October 22, 2014 | 1964 users online

Fragrances - La Maison de la Vanille - Madagascar EDT

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Raquel100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Vanille Noire du Mexique starts out as a sexy, dark, dirtier vanilla at first; the bergamot being the most prominent note. The woodsy notes then morph as it dries down into a wonderful sweet gourmand, dessert-like vanilla. They dry-down could make you hungry for cookies or vanilla cupcakes! A very unique vanilla perfume because although vanilla is the prominent note, it's not linear or one-dimensional at all. It really develops and changes into almost two distinctly different but beautifully compatible vanilla scents. The transition from woodsy into gourmand is seamless and beautiful. This scent is so addictive that I miss it when it's gone! Very affordable price point.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by LadyRed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This started out as a beautiful oriental vanilla. It had just the right about of vanilla and was not overly sweet. The scent lasted most of the day. I wore it everyday for about a week and then I started to become bothered by a sharp, masculine note that would stand out. This sharp note started to become unbearable. I prefer a smoother and less complicated vanilla scent. I ended up passing this fragrance on to someone new.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by grldollies

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

La Maison de la Vanille - Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar - very nice!
I like this scent, a sexy warm spicy vanilla hug - encompassing a low/deep spicy slightly floral scent w/rich oriental woodsy overtones. This has a full bodied medium-strong aroma/nose - but not a red light feel or too overpowering a smell. I can wear this one any where day or night. I like Madagascar the best along with the discontinued Coty Dark Vanilla. I am very picky and many purfumes bother me. So I have a small collection (unlike my shoes!) The scent lasts longer then most, longer then the dark Vanilla, about all day. I sometimes wear them both together. The Madagascar stayed very true to the scent - maybe a bit deeper on me, a nice outcome. I bought another bottle so if I forgot to put it on in the morning, I had one close to the door before I sprinted out! I also bought the Vanille Givree des Antilles Eau de Toilette Spray, which I did not like it as well at first, but somedays it is nice to switch smells. It is a bit lighter, sweeter smelling then the Madagascar however my husband said he liked it the best so I guess it is in the "nose" of the beholder!
I love vanilla, but I am not into the sickly sweet kind more on the warm rich sexy type. I don't want to smell like a cookie, this one is no cookie! I have some that are, Vanilla after bath sprays, Vanilla Sugar, Vanilla Bourbon. I find I do not use them as much.
I used to wear Di Borghese Women's Perfume by Princess Marcella Borghese, it is a rich heavy scent, I still like it but I have moved away from that heavy of a smell. Way long ago in my young carefree days I wore Shalimar but today it gives me really bad headache (most Avon perfumes do too). However my mother still loves to wear it at 72 and no headache!

I will buy Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar again and I recomend it as a quality product worth the money.

French Designer La Maison de la Vanille has 7 perfumes all launched in 2006, one (Moai) for men and six fragrances for women. French Co web site (You will have to convert to English) [www.maison-de-la-vanille.com ]
La Maison de la Vanille makes a nice 5 pack sampler set (about $50) which is probably what I should have bought first off. I bought the neat aluminum bottled Vanilla EDT sprays on Amazon. I have looked for them in several department stores but I have never found them to see what the other ones smell like. The set includes: five 15ml glass atomizer bottles of each scent in the La Maison vanilla line, including Vanille Fleurie de Tahiti, Vanille Noire du Mexique, Vanille Givree des Antilles, Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar and Vanille Divine des Tropiques. If you google these names you can find some reviews on the scents but as you know how they smell in the bottle may be very different on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by MilkBar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

An amazingly complex vanilla scent that is more oriental than sugary. Usually vanilla scents are cheap or very one note, sugary, but this will change your mind about vanilla forever! You should be one not to shy away from subtly sweet, deeper, oriental scents though to like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very very unique scent. Itīs a creamy, rich, comfortable vanila without being sweet. Itīs not that sugary type of scent. Iīm 20 years old and honestly I donīt like to wear teenager fragrances like Pink Sugar or the britney spearsīs ones. I prefer more mature scents, donīt get me wrong I love Pink Sugar, my aunt wears it and I adore it on her, but I get sick of it really fast on my skin. So, Iīve been looking for the perfect vanila scent and now I think I found it! This vanila has a specific woody note that stops it from being too sweet, or in my case, stop me from getting nauseated after hours wearing this. I also think that thereīs a hint of spearmint in this fragrance, because it reminds a lot of a particular spearmint tablet/candy that I adore. Like all the other vanilas from La Maison de la Vanille, this one has a very interesting development on the skin, so If you donīt like it right away, give another chance and wait it to settle down on the skin for a few hours. This fragrance is really really unique and gorgeous, Im in love.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This would make a nice scent for anyone who really enjoys very simple, very sweet vanilla scents. Unfortunately for me, I find this teeth-achingly, stomach-churningly sweet.
On my skin, this quickly becomes vanilla + syrup. Lots and lots of sticky, viscous syrup. The sillage isn't strong enough to become cloying, but I can only imagine the sweetness to be bearable on a cold, cold winter night when I'm on a major vanilla kick. After a few hours the syrup (finally!) fades, leaving me with what I simply refer to as a "fuzzy" vanilla--a vanilla wearing slippers and a fluffy robe. I think it's actually a very soft, floral rendition of lavender with the vanilla that I'm picking up. Finally, the scent fades to an inoffensive vanilla cupcake, and I breathe a sigh of relief when I can no longer detect it on my skin.
Overall, I could see myself wanting to wear this one or two times a year, but for the most part even the thought of this scent makes me feel as if I'm getting a cavity. I do like the smell of vanilla, and I can't say that this EDT smells BAD, but it's simply not a scent I want on ME. Also, I find it nearly indistinguishable from Lavanila Pure Vanilla, which I think is marginally cheaper and more widely available (well, if you have a Sephora near you). I recommend this to sweet vanilla lovers who aren't looking for a highly complex fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by victorialynne

I bought the sampler set of 5 and WOW....they all smell very good. This one is one of my favorites!! At first it is a little weird & masculine, just give it about 10 minutes and it drys down to the most beautiful, warm sensual vanilla. I need to get a full bottle of this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by sparklesprinkler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

LOVE this, love ALL their fragrances. Lasts forever and smells like heaven.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by JenniStarBrite

This is a very odd scent. I think people will love it or hate it. Not much room for in between.

Unlike most foody "fluffy' vanillas that make you think of warm, pretty things that are ALL feminine, this vanilla is pretty masculine. The opening notes remind me of a man's cologne or very sweet aftershave. It has that note that says "guy" but at the same time is very sweet because of those vanilla notes. There is also a slight soapy hint which also makes me think aftershave.

It's warm, not too foody, and pretty long lasting. I didn't detect lavender but did get the other herbal notes and the incense in the opening. The notes according to manufacture are: vanilla, sandalwood, lavender, incense, vetiver, coriander, thyme, geranium, bergamot, mandarin.

The first 10 minutes are odd as the notes try to mesh but the dry down on this is the reason to at least try this..WOW! Such a warm, sensual MMMMM vanilla scent. Very full bodied and perfect for snuggling in front of the TV together in your fave fuzzy sweater.

Again, an odd scent but I really like it because there is a weird androgyny about it for me; very ying and yang because both masculine and feminine at the same time. I would probably repurchase this.

UPDATE: I have to say that in the drydown, this, Vanille Noir de Mexque and Fluerie de Tahiti are all soooo similar. If you have one you dont need the others. Noir de Mexque is my fave. This is also near identical to LaVanila Pure Vanilla, though this is much cheaper if you buy it on Amazon. The 3.4oz bottle of Madacascar is $45.00 +$3.95 shipping while a 1.7oz bottle of Pure Vanilla is $58.00! (the 1.7 oz Madagascar is $35.00 with $3.95 shipping on Amazon)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by thirdeye32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love vanilla. Love it. I still love the sprays that smell like cake batter and cookies, but Ive been looking for a vanilla that is a little more mature. I like that I get compliments how I smell good that arent followed by, "just like a cupcake." This is very light so its hard to go over board and its subtle so your perfume isnt in the room before you. People will get a nice lingering waft when you walk by but also someone up close wont get a perfume headache just by standing next to you.The dry down is beautiful. It isnt the longest lasting scent I've ever owned, but I'm not holding that against it because I love the fragrance so much.