April 20, 2014 | 1940 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Sand & Sable

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Straight up tuberose...blech!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a pleasant low-budget surprise! I picked up a 2-pack of Sand & Sable cologne at the grocery store, $16 for a 2-ounce and a 1-ounce bottle. This is one of those classic Coty fragrances that now only appear in stores at holiday time (Lady Stetson, Ici, Vanilla Fields, and Emeraude are others), so I thought I'd give it a try. I had only vaguely remembered it from my teens as a scent that did not appeal to my youthful sensibilities-- gardenia, jasmine and other heady white florals just seemed too weighty back then.

For a cologne, this is pretty long-lasting. A lovely, beachy tuberose-gardenia thing in the same vein as Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs Woman, Tatiana and Fracas, but lighter and easier to wear. There's definitely a buttery, coconutty basenote that I find delicious, but that may remind some of suntan oil, for better or worse. Packaging these days is plainer than plain, but for a drugstore cheapie, this is a great little number.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A classic Coty d/s frag that I happen not to like - but my aunt did especially back in the '80's. Too "warm" and sweet for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by mignondee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my all time favorite scents ever! I first smelled this during the summer of my 8th grade year...some time ago... My aunt got it while I was staying over for the summer. I fell in love with it!!! I always get compliments when I wear this. I guess that it just blends well with my natural oils. My husband loves when I wear this!!! I will continue to buy this...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Cozy. This is a really nice fragrance although it's old school and has been around for quite some time. It is really warm and sweet, not strong. The only thing about it is I cannot wear it all the time, after a while I have to shelve it because the smell can get really boring. But overall, it's nice, sort of reminds me of peaches and cream in a way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 7:55:00 AM More reviews by In2th3night

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for the second time in the early '90s ...my original bottle disappeared...hmm...I think my mom took it. I got a GREAT deal...2oz. spray cologne with a 1oz. spray perfume...for something like , $11.00!! I still have them both , today. I love gardenias and this makes me think of the beach and summertime. Both types last sooo long on your skin....and I have gotten so many compliments on it , every time I wear it- men and women-...it's fresh and clean.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

Got this on clearance, so had to try. I like florals and jasmine, but this is just too sweet and heavy on me. Don't detect any freshness at all in this--it's sugar and florals. Up for swap.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Jandie

I never paid any attention to this fragrance when it first came out although I do remember the print ads in women's magazines. I bought a small bottle of this last year and thought it was a nice. I had a much more expensive gardenia perfume that I was wearing at the time, so I kept this around as a cheap back-up fragrance. So, it sat around all year, but now suddenly I am wearing it everyday. I think it just smells better in fall/winter. I had no attraction to this fragrance in the warmer months.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by lefrou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is what it would smell like if Michael Kors EDP went to Panama City Beach on spring break and accidentally made a sex tape with Coppertone. So wrong, it's right. EDIT: An old lady at work said, "Mmmmm, you smell grrrrreat! Like Giorgio!" Realizing she was correct, I ran home, took a shower, and tossed the danged $4 mess.

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by fishfactory

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE Sand & Sable...though almost every other woman I know doesn't! About 25 years ago a co-worker was spritzing it on in the ladies room and I fell in love..(with the Sand & Sable-not the co-worker! HAHAHA!)

Anywho...It is very sweet and feminine-so if that is not your thing then stay away from this! But it IS my thing and I am still in love with it 25 years later.

Fishfactory