Coty Sand & Sable

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/20/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Very cheap perfume that smells cheap and has a stuffy old lady vibe. Gross.

on 5/18/2014 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Got a bottle of .375 oz. for US$4.99 + tax at kmart as I was curious about this scent. It's not something I will repurchase & will probably end up in the number 13 bin eventually, when will I learn to stick with B&BW & VS & skip "some" this DS junk....kmart has a horrible return policy & I sort of shredded the box trying to get it open so I am stuck with it. It's tuberose done very badly!!

on 1/28/2014 1:28:00 PM

Straight up tuberose...blech!

on 10/25/2013 2:10:00 PM

What a pleasant low-budget surprise! I picked up a 2-pack of Sand & Sable cologne at the grocery store, $16 for a 2-ounce and a 1-ounce bottle. This is one of those classic Coty fragrances that now only appear in stores at holiday time (Lady Stetson, Ici, Vanilla Fields, and Emeraude are others), so I thought I'd give it a try. I had only vaguely remembered it from my teens as a scent that did not appeal to my youthful sensibilities-- gardenia, jasmine and other heady white florals just seemed too weighty back then.

For a cologne, this is pretty long-lasting. A lovely, beachy tuberose-gardenia thing in the same vein as Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs Woman, Tatiana and Fracas, but lighter and easier to wear. There's definitely a buttery, coconutty basenote that I find delicious, but that may remind some of suntan oil, for better or worse. Packaging these days is plainer than plain, but for a drugstore cheapie, this is a great little number.

on 5/21/2013 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A classic Coty d/s frag that I happen not to like - but my aunt did especially back in the '80's. Too "warm" and sweet for me.

on 10/9/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

This is one of my all time favorite scents ever! I first smelled this during the summer of my 8th grade year...some time ago... My aunt got it while I was staying over for the summer. I fell in love with it!!! I always get compliments when I wear this. I guess that it just blends well with my natural oils. My husband loves when I wear this!!! I will continue to buy this...

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Cozy. This is a really nice fragrance although it's old school and has been around for quite some time. It is really warm and sweet, not strong. The only thing about it is I cannot wear it all the time, after a while I have to shelve it because the smell can get really boring. But overall, it's nice, sort of reminds me of peaches and cream in a way.

on 4/26/2011 7:55:00 AM

I bought this for the second time in the early '90s ...my original bottle disappeared...hmm...I think my mom took it. I got a GREAT deal...2oz. spray cologne with a 1oz. spray perfume...for something like , $11.00!! I still have them both , today. I love gardenias and this makes me think of the beach and summertime. Both types last sooo long on your skin....and I have gotten so many compliments on it , every time I wear it- men and women-...it's fresh and clean.

on 3/23/2011 2:36:00 PM

Got this on clearance, so had to try. I like florals and jasmine, but this is just too sweet and heavy on me. Don't detect any freshness at all in this--it's sugar and florals. Up for swap.

on 11/20/2010 9:27:00 PM

I never paid any attention to this fragrance when it first came out although I do remember the print ads in women's magazines. I bought a small bottle of this last year and thought it was a nice. I had a much more expensive gardenia perfume that I was wearing at the time, so I kept this around as a cheap back-up fragrance. So, it sat around all year, but now suddenly I am wearing it everyday. I think it just smells better in fall/winter. I had no attraction to this fragrance in the warmer months.

Popular Fragrances