Smashbox Eyelights, "Beam"

4.8

on 3/16/2012 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Most phenomenal eye shadow Ive ever worn. Its powder yet works like cream. Great pigment and great shine and texture. I love it and NO EYESHADOW COMPARES TO THIS ONE!

"Beam" is definitely a trio for those who like shimmer! The shadows, even when used dry, take on a metallic appearance. They're smooth, blendable, and last all day. I also like the color of all of the shadows: I use the white on my browbone and tear duct, the champagne on the lid, and the bronze on the outer V. One word of caution, however: handle carefully, as the shadows are soft and crack when dropped. I love this trio and highly recommend it!

on 11/13/2010 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this product free from my aunt who bought it and never used it because it was too shimmery. Score! :D Anyways, I really like this palette. It is a bit pricey and i probably wouldn't buy it again just because of the price. But it makes a great natural look! I put the rosy pink brown on my lid, the brown on my crease, then use the white as a highlight. It comes with a crappy double ended sponge tip applicator with a angled brush on the other side. I just pop a mini eyeshadow brush in my purse with it. Very compact. One thing I don't like is that the matte packaging gets super dirty very easily and it looks bad. But, the colours are very rich and pigmented. There is some fallout though.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

These colors are beautiful and appropriate for the summer! I wear this either alone or over eyeshadow to add that extra oomph of color from daytime to nighttime

I wear this trio of colors when I want a natural and shimmery look. Which is perfect for daytime. It's very pigmented, and blends easily. I love the mirror it comes with. Perfect for touch ups on the go. A must have!

on 8/13/2008 8:00:00 PM

Pretty colors! Applies nicely, and pretty pigmented. I use this as my go to all the time when I don't wanna worry about what shadows I wanna wear or put together. But it is on the expensive side at $34.

on 10/9/2007 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this palette! The lightest color is perfect for all over the lid. I use the medium shade for daytime and the darkest one in the crease for a more dramatic look. The shimmer is just right and this shadow lasts all day without creasing. I've tried many other shadows but always come back to this one palette.

on 7/10/2007 6:28:00 PM

I have had this product for some time. I tend to use it more in the summer time. The one thing that I have discovered about this product, is that when it is applied wet, it has the best staying power of any e/s I have ever used. It stands up to high heat and humidity and even some water. It is better than any cream e/s or any "waterproof" product I have ever used. I do apply it over MAC's prep and prime eye and apply with the sponge applicator it comes with. IMO, this is e/s a must if you like still look like you are wearing makeup at the end of a very long and hot day.

on 5/27/2006 8:07:00 PM

This trio of highly-shimmery neutrals is becoming a steadfast favorite of mine. Sure the colors themselves are pretty standard a light peach (similar to the one in the Flash trio/like Stila's Kitten), bronze, and vanilla, but these warm-toned eyeshadows are highly metallic-looking. And as someone who loves neutrals and sometimes wants to take them to the next level this eyeshadow palette is perfect. They all apply very smoothly, pigmented, and are a dream to blend. Staying power is awesome with UDPP as a base, of course. Love this palette and the colors are very flattering to my golden Asian complexion. The sturdy mirrored compact is a nice touch and the applicator brush/sponge is a nice addition, though of course they aren't the greatest since they are meant for touch-ups. Would repurchase if I ever ran out.

I really liked this palette. The shadows included are very silky and apply very well. They are great neutrals, perfect for everyday wear. That being said, I found that the shadows had NO staying powder and even when applied over a base (I used MAC shadesticks and paints) they colors seemed to vanish and fade within a couple of hours. I ended up returning it to Nordies. :/

Top Rated Smashbox Products