July 25, 2014 | 1949 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This is the BEST LASH PRIMER I'VE EVER USED. I've tried Clinique, Tarte, Dior, Hard Candy, Origins, Shiseido, MAC, Estee Lauder, and Lancome Cils Booster is absolutely the winner. If you're looking for a lash primer, this is the one I'd tell you to buy. I love love love how it makes my lashes look. It doesn't just intensify the effect of my mascara (and prevent it from smudging) but it adds so much curl as well, very unexpected. No other product does what this does for my eyes. It makes my lashes look PLUSH.
I find I get the best results when I apply my mascara before the primer dries. So I do my eyes one at a time to make sure it doesn't dry on me.
Makes every mascara in my arsenal look ten times better (and makes it last all day too). This is my HG of HG's! Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by sxs

I have to agree with a lot of these reviews: way too wet a formulation that doesn't really coat my lashes that well; yet, it manages to make any mascara I put over it look really clumpy and not at all natural. Gah.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This did nothing for my lashes except make my mascara clump together. No matter how long I let it dry, it always turned my normal lashes into about 4 big spider lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by deluxeccf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Me: Eyelashes stick straight up, but they are long. Every mascara (including waterproof) has smudged on me so I have taken to mascara primers to help me out.

This didn't hold a curl and for the price -- it should hold a curl! I curled my eyelashes and as soon as I put the primer on, my eyelashes drooped. Holding a curl and preventing smudging were the only reasons why I wanted a mascara primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by lovepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The good reviews here are just baffling to me. Maybe I'm applying this wrong? I've tried it with Lancome (that was the worst), Benefit, Maybelline, and Urban Decay mascaras. It did make my lashes look a bit longer. It also made them look clumpy and horrible and creepy. Luckily, this was a gift with purchase, so I'm only out a bit of time and eye makeup remover. This stuff was just the worst for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Alexpalex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! this product is awesome! (• U •)~! I love big eyes! theyre cute and remind me of babies. I think this mascara base does the trick for me!

First, Being born with larger eyes and longer lashes, I never thought mascara was exacly for me. but when I tried this on, it surprized me! This base works like a charm for warmer weather and makes my eyes 3 times larger than normal. My friend thought I was wearing my circle lenses when I put this on with Maybeline big eyes! Someone else said that I was in the 7th grade, but I just started 9th this year!

Amazing product for anyone who wants larger eyes~

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. Back when I used to use Lancome’s Hypnose, I used this under it quite frequently. I received a sample from Sephora and decided to try it again. I usually look for more of a lengthening effect in mascara; I’m less concerned about volume. This claims to “Give your lashes an XL boost with a mascara base that maximizes the result of any Lancome mascara for fuller, thicker lashes.” I will agree with that statement. It does provide a good base for mascara, but depending on which one you use it can cause clumps. I have used this under Lancome Hypnose and Hypnose Drama, and it just increased the clump factor. I also tried this under my HG mascara, Estee Lauder Sumptuous Volume, which I really enjoyed it under. I found that it gave a good base to work off of. However, that being said I don’t think it’s a NECESSARY product to have. One more coat of mascara gives the same results as using this base. I wouldn’t repurchase this product, I might recommend it. If I get another sample I would definitely use it again under my EL mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Honestly I really had zero expectations when I got this as a gift. I'm not a huge lash primer person, but I gave this one a fair shot. And it's honestly fantastic. One thin coat separates lashes completely. This then results in a lot less fuss with the actual mascara. Because we've all had our lashes clump together while doing our mascara, and continuing to apply more coats of mascara in attempt to fix the clumped together lashes. This primer eliminates that problem all together because by the time it's time to apply mascara, lashes are already separated nicely and dried in position so it's really difficult to get a clumpy look with the mascara. Very impressed. This price is a little bit steep for sure, but this doens't even compare to all of the double ended mascaras that come with that thick, clumpy mess they call a 'primer' that just leaves your lashes looking grey. The Cils Booster is nothing like that. Great product and definitely a staple in my every day make up routine now.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by misscynthia06

There are so many good reviews on here for Cils Booster I am tempted to pull mine out again and give it another shot!

My take: this primer does accentuate lashes, they do become longer and mascara on top does look fuller, However you are taking a bright white primer and coating your lashes with that, then layering black mascara. ... black plus white equals gray! I don't like that the color of my (usually super blackest black) mascara changes to dullish black or dark gray after i use this product. Also I don't like that if you miss a spot you have white lashes peeking out, and if use to many costs your lashes are thick and clumpy, many reviews seem to have found the happy medium but I just haven't.

For the price, I won't repurchase, I'll use my free samples up, and to be totally honest, a cheap drugstore black mascara as a primer under my fancy more high end mascara is just more effective and useful for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A lash primer is not something I normally buy. If it's part of a double ended mascara I'll use it but generally I'm indifferent. But I gotta say, this one is quite good. It really does add more oomph to mascara. So much so that I repurchased when I ran out... and I actually ran out!!