Kevyn Aucoin Contour Brush

on 3/22/2015 1:03:00 PM

This, along with Sepgora's new small, tapered, fluffy contour brush, is my new HG. I bought this along with the contour and highlight palette at Sephora, and I am in love. This brush fits right in under my cheekbones and haw and down the sides of my nose...and sculpts my features to perfection! I can go from subtly defined to Kim K levels of contoured perfection with these products and this brush in a matter of minutes. I love the soft hairs and how they buff away any edges, and the lightest sculpt powder in the palette is perfect for my very pale, neutral skin. There's even a white shimmer highlight, which makes my skin look soft focus.

on 3/18/2006 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Soft bristles, but over priced at $40. The head is too small for contouring and too large for highlighting. The handle is too large and unbalances the brush head. I don't see using this brush on a daily basis. For this price, I'd invest in either a NARS or MAC brush.

on 3/14/2006 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was very disapointed with this brush. Designed for contour and highlighting such as under the cheekbones and top of cheekbones. I can just do that with a regular brush. i dont find myself contouring very often, and i can just highlight with a blush brush. Its too big and fluffy for the eyes but does make a nice blending brush. But for $40, its really just a splurge brush rather than a necessity brush. Nice and soft, excelllent quality with burgandy handle. Pretty but not a necessary tool IMO.

on 9/10/2004 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the perfect brush for highlighting, not for washing all over the lid. I can't use it as an all over wash brush cuz it's too big in terms of my eyes. It is very soft, dense and round, I use it for highlighting or creating shadows with darker powders and it does a wonderful job with its fluffy head. On KA's website, he gives very good descriptions on how to use this brush, I prefer it to be the highlighting brush becuz it's firm and the right size for what I need.

on 8/22/2004 11:19:00 PM

I love this brush but I do find I do not use it everyday for its intended purpose (to contour). I do use it everyday as the final blending brush for my eye mu. It is soft but firm (dense bristles but has never irritated my eye). To get a really natural contoured, glowing look for going out I use my skunk brush to add a pop of matte bright pigmented blush to the apples of my cheeks(think Nars Exhibit A, Stila Belle, or Shu Red) then I imagine an "O" around the apple of my cheek. On the lower half of the O in the hollows of my cheeks, I use this contour brush to apply some bronzer very lightly (none or little shimmer like Nars Laguna or EL Bronze Goddess). You can get fancy and apply this along the jawline to look more slender or along the side of the nose to thin it out but when it gets into doing these things it looks better for photos unless you have a super light hand and a very light natural bronzer. Then on the upper part of the O I also use this brush to apply a light dusting of a highlighter (Nars Orgasm, Stila AOS, BB Shimmer Brick, or any shimmery thing) starting from the temple then around the upper part of the apple of your cheek. This is really easy trust me. And you will look just like a movie star :). GREAT brush

Not quite as soft as i hoped (compared to the larger brushes in the KA range). Nevertheless, a perfect shape for contouring and powdering in hard to reach areas like around the nose. Unusual shape, especially useful for any make-up artists out there.

on 1/25/2003 7:42:00 PM

PROS: makes a great all-over lid brush, soft, good quality; COMMENTS: I don't know how to use this as a contour brush but I do like it as an eyeshadow brush. Lucite handle, round ferrule.