Rimmel Fragrance- London Glitz

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

I used to wear this when it first came out, tried to buy more and it was discontinued.

Anyway, I recently purchased more online-Idk how I found some and when I smelled it again I couldn't help smiling and dancing. The only downfall is that it doesn't last very long and I wouldn't mind reapplying if it weren't discontinued and extremely hard to come by.

Initially it starts on a light citrus note-grapefruit and when it warms up it blends to a balanced, sweet, ripe apple and a cucumber undertone when mixed with the earthy woods subdues the sweetness. There's a slight hint of something else and I couldn't figure it out.

So... I wrote Coty and they informed me the ingredients are apple, grapefruit, cucumber, woods, violet and rose (although I don't detect rose and violet the slight floral must be what eluded me).

I recently tried dnky be delicious (as I've read-below-that it's similar and most reviews were glowing) but it was much too floral, strong and the note of apple I detected was sickeningly tart to me-like a bitter, green crab apple instead of a ripe honeycrisp.

Even when dnky be delicious wears down it's still a very strong, feminine scent which isn't for me as I have a heightened sense of smell.

Sorry this was so long but I hope you've found it at least partially useful.

on 5/19/2009 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I can't believe this is discontinued. I have been wearing this since it came out in 2000 something like that, and when I run out I search swaps, ebay, you name it! I love the sweet fruity smell, mixed with soft floral scents. I am not a huge fan of floral scents because they are too strong and perfumy old smelling to me, but this is such a nice balance. It's not overly sweet like sugar, but more like the sweetness of apples and watermelon like. The only thing I've found that smells like this is a fragrance by rue21 called revert eco, in a green bottle. It smells so much like the glitz, I need to stock up on it I suppose! I also think the DK Be Delicious (the green bottle) smells along the same lines of fruity and sweetness, with only light floral, I love it as well, it's the best you will be able to find if you can't get a hold of the rue21 fragrance or the london glitz.

on 6/3/2007 10:56:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. Everybody is always asking what I'm wearing, and when I tell them they can't believe its not a "Designer Perfume." I LOVE the Fruity Smell. I love it soo much that when i saw it on eBay I bought 10 of them. I guess you can say this is my signature smell.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this scent. Would you believe this is how I first met my husband? LMBO Cheesy but I love how fruity floral scent blend together. Too bad they discontinued it. Now my hsuband is complaining why I ran out of this.

on 2/8/2004 4:39:00 PM

Very inexpensive, summery, light, citrusy perfume. I would wear this with jeans and a light cotton blouse in late spring. Not dressy enough for evening, but nice for a casual day about town.

on 8/22/2003 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It's a cute citrusy light fragrance. Something I definantly would wear everyday. It's really cheap but doesn't have long staying power. I would buy this fragrance again.

on 12/29/2002 1:36:00 PM

Love the citrus smell. Definitely would get it again. Like this fragrance the best out of the 3 Rimmel ones.

Popular Fragrances