July 23, 2014 | 1259 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Moisturizing Creme [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by celesta_marelle

This stuff is great. It is the most effective hand cream I have ever used, since I discovered it I won't use anything else as a nighttime hand cream. Until recently I thought it was a bit too heavy and greasy to put on my face. But I had a bad reaction to the naturally ageless night creme, and my skin gets very dry in the winter. I have been using a small amount of this on my face with good results. It moisturizes well and does not look greasy under makeup. It also smells wonderful without being too strongly scented. I hope Burt's Bees keeps making this forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Ava99

If I could give this a 0 for rating, I would. I have never experienced such a violent allergic reaction than after using this product. Because of its heavy nature, I wanted to try this to to combat the dryness of Retin-A use. I woke up in the middle of the night to severe swelling, itching, and stinging all over the application site, including my hands. I missed two days of work, the first day I could barely speak because of the swelling. My skin looked like it had been boiled, and eventually the blisters peeled off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this tuesday so I have only been using it since then.
BUT... My face has been stupid lately my excema has been acting up and i have been using a few moisturizers trying to keep it at bay. I think either my skin is changing since my usually very oily skin isn't as oily (I will be 33 this year) so my usual moisturizers for oily skin aren't really cutting it BUT it is winter time and it has been cold here in chicago.
I put this on and felt a difference in my skin. Different even from the Radiance day creme i had bought and was trying out. With the radiance day creme i was still feeling my skin flaking after awhile.
I had a few flakies on my cheeks this afternoon it was NOTHING like it has been lately. My face hasn't been itching like crazy making me want to tear it off. My excema is generally in my t zone area in my eyebrows between and around my nose.
Yes this is a heavy cream too heavy for me to use if i am planning on wearing makeup but with my face being itchy lately i have been laying off the makeup... not that i have had to put it on since my work is with kids in a home so i don't usually wear makeup anyway.
I guess i will have to see if it clogs my pores. Right now it hasn't and i have only used it for a few days.
I guess i will update after i've used for awhile.
I am not a fan of having to stick my fingers in the jar but i have only done so after i washed my face and my hands are clean but i plan to get some plastic spatulas soon. I did take a lippie off for the jar packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2007 7:56:00 PM More reviews by jleet105

i bought this evening primrose intending for it to be used as a moisturizer, used it for a few weeks, didnt like it much coz it seemed too heavy and gave me one or two pimples...made my face super oily..I live in the Philippines by the way, so when i chanced upon this website and read about this being used as a lip balm i tried it and holy shamoley! it really worked!!! i love the way it made my lips younger, plumper and softer!!! for the price it is selling here, it is quite steep, but not so...so will definitely purchase, though i think thats gonna be a long way still, since this jar will last forever....hehehe! P.S. like its natural ingredients too...smell doesnt bother me at all, by the way...
11/8/2008= hi sisters! well, its been a year and Im doing an update...THIS PRODUCT STILL GOES TO MY LIPS AND IS STILL GREAT!!!! cant believe I have been using this for a year now...And i still got some left...but i think its starting to get stale or something, though Im not sure...still, its wonderful on my lips especially when I wake up in the morning!!! will recommend it as a night lip balm!!! love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by rgeary2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is GREASY. It seriously feels like putting butter or lard on your skin...it's not pleasant! I have combo skin and I was looking for a moisturizer for my forehead/cheeks, which can get really dry, especially in the winter. It didn't aggravate my acne - which is good - but it DOES NOT absorb! It just sits on top of my face and makes me look oily all over. Ugh. Worst moisturizer ever.

Also, it's poorly designed - moisturizers should be pumps, not tubs, unless you prefer getting all sorts of grime/germs in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by jenifiner

This was too heavy for me. I started breaking out the morning after I wore this to bed, but i kept using it for about 4 days just to see what would happen...just more pimples. It is an awesome hand cream though!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by bethr15

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it! It is a great moisturizer for my combination skin. It is moisturizing enough in winter, and I can use it sparingly in summer on dry areas. The smell is nice and feminine, and I love that the ingredients are all natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 1:07:00 AM More reviews by blackviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have not yet used this on my face. As a hand creme, it's very nice, and soaks in, leaving my dry hands silky and not at all oily.

I applied this to my chest before I did my hands, and it still feels filmy. I don't know if I would use this on my face, but its pretty nice on my hands.

UPDATE: I tried this on my face one night, and I think it's the reason that I got a few new pimples the next day. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2006 12:11:00 AM More reviews by marlatenenbaum

I liked this stuff okay until I opened it one day and it had MOLD growing in it- and it was a pretty new package. I'm not sure how old it was when I bought it (i got it from a hallmark shop) so I don't know if it was the distributor or Burt's Bees. But their products have been more misses than hits for me so i can't give it a good review. Good products for me have been the apricot baby oil and baby bee powder, body lotions, and lip balms. But all citrusy products like the lemon oil, citrus scrub and orange facial cleanser have been awful and broken me out. i also didnt like the new honey lip balm, yuck.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2006 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ikura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with this cream when I first tried it (normal/combo skin). I bought a jar and it never irritated my skin or broke me out. However, I came to DESPISE the rose scent and wondered what to do with my beloved burts cream, because I could not bear to smell it ever again. Eventually I mixed it with a vial of l'artisan verte violette to give it a greeny freshness, and I used it on freshly shaved legs. I really think this stuff is well made, there is quite a lot in the glass screw top jar, and it soothed and comforted my sensitive skin. However I would not repurchase due to the scent.