April 18, 2014 | 1841 users online

Cleansers - Dermalogica - Ultra Calming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by altw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I live with this by my side! Prior to using Dermalogica I had incredibly painful red patches around my nose and mouth! My dermatologist advised I use products specifically for sensitive skin so I gave the ultracalming line a try! I would never ever try any other facial cleanser again after trying this, it's perfect! My face feels clean without feeling tight or dehydrated like with many cleansers and my rash has really calmed down and regularly isn't visible at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by jujubmxx

Have used cetaphil 2+ years but so glad I made the switch to this cleanser despite some awful reviews. Here's a short description of my skin (ignore if you want):

I have very sensitive skin which is prone to redness and enlarged/clogged pores on my nose, upper forehead (occasionally), and little irritated bumps on my jawline which aren't very noticeable (except the redness which they cause brings attention to them). My skin is dry combo so I have flaky patches but my t-zone can get very oily.

The cleanser doesn't irritate my skin AT ALL which is great. Cetaphil was nice but either left a film behind, or made my skin feel tight, but my skin feels soft after using dermalogica and not like I need to smack on some moisturizer asap or my skin is going to fall off. It has quite a strong scent which either smells very chemically or very herbal I can't really tell, but I'm assuming it's just a natural scent from the various extracts they used rather than a fragrance because of how unpleasant it is. The "natural" ingredients are probably irritating to very sensitive skin, but they don't really bother mine (only creams with those ingredients do). The product itself is sort of like a hybrid gel-cream, and you can apparently tissue it off, but I can't imagine that being a nice experience. I did notice two small pimples soon after starting to use it, but I found out it was because I stopped using my epiduo when I bought this. It's been a little over a month and I really like it so far :) might repurchase, but probably not because I'll probably want to try something new.

pros: no irritation, no tightness/film after cleansing, improves texture of skin over time
cons: PRICE $$$$$, fragrance, "natural" extracts

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by mautan17aug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It saves my face with mild, sensitive ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Mapril

Nope, not a fan. The price was ridiculous for a cleanser that did not work. It was like putting a quarter sized glob on my face and thinking it was going to do something. I just didn't feel like it was actually cleaning my face. Save your money and use Cerave hydrating cleanser for 1/3 of the price. Both myself and my17 year old daughter are using it with great results.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Recently I got a whole bunch of skincare samples allegedly being great for my dry, sensitive Rosacean skin. I also got a sample of this cleanser and after reading the ingredients list (which I always do prior to using any new product because of my sensitive Rosacean skin) I immediately tossed it. This so-called "ultra-calming" cleanser contains several potentially irritating & Rosacea-triggering fragrant plant extracts. Be careful if you have sensitive or Rosacean skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lorena18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do chemical peels in my treatment room at the spa where I work; and this cleaner is the only product I use to neutralize the chemical peels. I love this cleanser. It is also the first product I use when I treat rosacea and other reactive skin. It is a lifesaver. Why I stopped using it at night on my own skin remains a mystery. I love this stuff. The salon size is pricey, and at the end of the bottle the pump doesn't reach; but the contents in the package rock!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by NikkiduP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My search for the perfect cleanser ends here. I have normal to dry skin, mostly dry if I'm not careful with which products I use. I have experimented with many different products to find the correct cleanser, toner, exfoliant and moisturiser that suits my skin. I also don't believe all products need to be from the same skincare line. I found all my HG products EXCEPT a good cleanser. Finding the right balance of something that cleans your face but is not stripping is difficult. Gel cleansers usually clean very well but leave my skin VERY dry! Always need to follow with tons of moisturiser! Cream cleansers can leave residue or feel oily or just doesn't clean properly!

Enter this little baby! Its consistency is somewhere between a gel and cream. It feels silky smooth and glides on the skin. Feels very luxurious and is a treat to use. It does not lather but still is very spreadable and therefore a lot of product is not needed. It cleans very well and moisturises. Great for winter and summer. Not sure how this would remove makeup on its own because I use precleanse before hand to dissolve makeup and I'm very happy with that combination.

My only criticism is the packaging. The hard plastic makes it difficult to squeeze at times but the bigger bottle (more expensive) has a pump dispenser which I think is perfect. Smaller bottle should come with one too! Despite this, I will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by acarthur

Not a bad product for dry and sensitive skin. It doesn't lather up, but you don't need to use very much either and my face doesn't feel tight after use. Has worked quite well on my dry, sensitive skin now we are in winter and which tends to flake and it seems to have cleared it up in less than a week. Not a product that I would use in the summer though as I think it would make my face feel oily. Would repurchase again, even though it is on the pricey side.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by starlite42001

Hmm.. it's really sad to read the negative reviews on this product... but I for one, just LOVE it. Suffering from mild rosacea for quite a while now..and then I met Dermalogica :)
I did nt even KNOW there was a KIT for our kinds out there...
The cleanser is just superb. Trust me... I have the MOST sensitive skin there could be...and I was very hesitant to try this product.... but it's worth it guys... it really really is!
No breakouts... no more redness.... and it's just.... AMAZING.
Give it a try... even you non-red guys out there.. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this at all! It doesn't even clean your skin. Not only does it not remove makeup, but it also doesn't take the oil/dirt/daily grime off your skin. I'll pass thanks.