November 28, 2014 | 1737 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Ramblin Rose Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is by far my most used MAC lipstick. It is very sparkly, but this color is just perfect with my skin tone. It's more peach/coral than pink. I line my lips with Spice when I use this lipstick. A staple of mine for the past 8 years.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love corals, but I find this particular lipstick just too frosty for my personal taste. To cut down on the frost I've been pairing it with Vegas Volt with a smidge of Rambin' Rose on top. I'll gradually use it up and for sure not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes, this is it. Sunshine in a lipstick.
It's a Coral with gold shimmer and when I say shimmer, I mean shimmer. I LOVE IT.
Frost is my favorite finish, i love them. To me this is very moisturizing. It's the ultimate summer lipstick for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by pixairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this on, I was thinking, "Oh no!" The frost was out of control and the color was off, but I've learned to let lipsticks settle for 5 minutes because my lips tend to change them. Boy, am I glad I did. The ultra sheen went down to something respectable and the lip color warmed to a beautiful salmon.

EDIT: Took a couple lippies off because this one doesn't hold up as well as my other lipsticks. It dwindles down to something a little too nude for my liking. By the end of the day, I just have slightly shimmery lips! One the upside, magic that stays put can happen when I mix it with other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

Love peachy color on my C4 (mac studio fix powder) skintone. But not as moisturing but not too dry also. Good lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have read some of the reviews on this lipstick and it seems I am the only one that finds this incredibly, super sheer... As in, when I put it on there is no colour change, just adds some nice gold tones and shimmer so I use this over other MAC lipsticks.

On my review of Vegas Volt, I put that these 2 lippies go really well together so I recommend that! Any summery lipstick can be made into an evening colour with Ramblin Rose over the top.

Wouldn't buy again as I don't see myself wearing it often but recommend it for someone looking for an almost gloss-like lipstick with shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shade, just wish it didn't have the frost. It's a peach/coral/pink with a bit of shimmer. Very flattering, but the shimmer dates it. If anybody knows this shade without the frost, please PM me! Also dislike how MAC lipsticks are drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by biancalestrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this lipstick because I wanted to try a coral color that wasn't too orange. Colorwise, this is just about perfect. It's a burnt peachy-orange color with vivid gold shimmer to it. I love that the slight duochrome effect shows up just as well on the lips as it does in the tube. The pigmentation is pretty good. My only negative comment about it is the formula. Since it's a frost finish, it shows imperfections on the lips very obviously. If you have chapped lips like me, this can be a problem. That being said, I highly recommend using a lip balm (I like Jack Black Intense Therapy) prior to application so that your lips don't look too chapped. A less expensive alternative to this lipstick is Revlon Peach Parfait Lip Butter. It's just a little bit more pink (less orange) and the texture is a lot smoother and looks "healthier" on the lips. It has the same gold shimmer. The bad thing about the lip butter, how ever, is the wear time. Anyway, back to Ramblin' Rose. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a coral-toned color that's wearable but still eye-catching. I'd assume that this would look fantastic on tan/dark skin tones. However, it's still wearable on pale skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by CatherineMcCarthy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is not a good product. The colour os nice but is covered up by excessive glitter and shine. The glitter/frost does no even go on evenly and makes your lips look dry and old.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ramblin Rose is the lipstick I've been searching for my whole life. I'm not kidding...I've always looked for this color and finish, but no once else seems to produce it. The name makes it impossible to guess the color, and lucky for me, I grabbed a misplaced Tester of Ramblin Rose when I thought I was inspecting Costa Chic. It's the best mistake I've made in a long time.

Based on pictures and reviews, I thought Ramblin Rose was a sheer, pink-brown nude. On some people, it may be, but on me it's peachy coral, and it has a gorgeous golden glow. I don't notice any "gritty" texture at all, but, luckily I don't have dry lips too often. Also, this doesn't seem to have "glitter" at all. It's not even strongly frosted; it has more of a glimmery-glow. Perhaps this glow is more apparent on very fair skin, but it melts right into my undertones. This lipstick lasts so long it amazes me; it's more of a stain than most of my lip stains. It lasts through eating, and drinking. I have to use makeup remover or cold cream to remove it from my lips before bed!

This is the perfect color and the perfect formulation. I love love LOVE it! LOVE IT.