December 19, 2014 | 1768 users online

Deodorants - Weleda - Wild Rose Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by katmendez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

PRICE
Usually $15 at Whole Foods, I saw this on sale for $10 and grabbed it. I eyed this product before, but thought it was too expensive at full price. I'm glad it went on sale because it's now my HG natural deodorant!

PACKAGING
A spray is more hygienic than a roll-on and glass is better for the environment than plastic. My only caveat is that the spray could have a wider application. Also, one must be careful not to drop the glass bottle.

QUANTITY
Though this is pricey, you get a pretty large bottle. It's double the usual amount in deodorants.

ODOR PROTECTION
I was surprised how well this works. I wore it all week in the hot summer, including several hours outside. By end of day I had not the slightest body odor! In fact, my armpits smelled neutral with a hint of the wild rose scent.

SMELL
Which comes to how this smells... YES, it's strong upon application, but it mellows down quickly and considerably. I smell the rose note only when I directly sniff my armpits. Also, as many have mentioned this is not an old lady rose scent. It's true to what fresh roses smell like. It combines really well with all my perfumes, including Chanel No. 5, Cacharel Amour Amour, Creed Acqua Fiorentina and My Burberry.

WETNESS PROTECTION
This does NOT affect your body's sweat, which is actually healthier than not. I found this deodorant to work best with natural, breathable fabrics like cotton, linen and silk.

STAINS
This deodorant does NOT stain!!! It washes clean away.

OTHER USES
This easily doubles as a body spray or even perfume. Besides the armpits, I spray it on my chest, lower back and behind the knees to feel extra fresh on a hot summer day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is sort of an interesting deodorant. It's a liquid that comes in a pump style spray bottle and delivers a strong rose scent. I actually felt like I was wearing perfume instead of deodorant the scent is so strong. This is good if you want a natural deodorant, and unlike many on the market, this does control odor. However, it won't control wetness. When I used it, I would alternate days between this and a more traditional deodorant that controlled wetness. This deodorant is also expensive. I think I paid about $12.00 dollars for mine, and that might have been on sale. Personally, I wouldn't buy this again. If you want a natural deodorant, check out your local health food store. There are a lot of brands out there for much more affordable prices.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Sammy68

Well, I must say that I'm quite impressed with this all natural deodorant. I do not know exactly how a liquid spray deodorant can work as well as this does, but it out-performs any of the solid, twist-up natural deodorants that I've tried in the past, i.e., Toms of Maine, Alba, Jason, Crystal, etc. I sat out in the hot sun today in a light sweater for approximately an hour and no odor. Pretty impressive, given with other natural deodorants I would have been a little smelly. This is expensive - $15 a pop from VitaCost. It looks like it will last a long time though. I only use 2 sprays for each underarm. I shave my underarm area every morning and directly out of the shower I apply this. It does sting slightly, but certainly not anything to really complain about. It does smell of roses and alcohol, but nothing unpleasant as I find it dissipates very quickly. The rose scent certainly does not linger on me throughout the day nor does it smell old-fashioned, so I'm not sure what others are referring to. I guess everyone's body chemistry is different. I like the fact that it's not artificially chemically scented. Be careful with the glass bottle in a tiled bathroom, however. You certainly would not want to drop this on the floor! I'm impressed and I will continue to buy this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Amazing smell- really organic, non-manufactured rose smell. However, if you're a relatively active young person who is used to the likes of Sure, Nivea etc this jst isn't a decent enough deodorant- it masks sweat but doesn't prevent it. I now use it as a pefumed body spray/ room spray.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by savethebeesnow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For people looking for a more natural alternative to deodorant this is a dream find in that it can be used both as a body spray as well as a deodorant thanks to its uplifting, delicate floral scent. In view of this I think the higher price can be justified. The formula is gentle so it could be considered for people with sensitive skin.

I did spray it liberally so it ran out faster than it would have done had I used my usual one. Did it minimise perspiration? Well, I would give this one a miss during hot weather or on days you know will be hectic.. otherwise it is great. A top up at lunch time is a pleasant way to refresh yourself. Ideal for use during a leisurely weekend.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought a 1.02oz bottle online for about $10, so it's not exactly cheap. However, I use about one to two spritzes per underarm, so it should last me a good while. I bought this to help out my crystal deodorant. Some reviewers have said that the scent of this spray is far too strong and they can smell it throughout the day. This isn't the case for me, and I have a pretty sensitive nose. I can smell it when I first put it on, but it isn't overpowering, it's a light, pleasant scent like rosewater. It sort of helps my crystal deodorant out, because just the crystal by itself wasn't doing so well, but even combined with the Weleda, I still get a funky odor after a short while of sweating. This will have to do for now, but I'm still looking for a decent natural deodorant.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this deodorant, and I'm surprised it works so well for me since it doesn't have any of the typical cornstarch, baking soda, or coconut oil that most natural deos seem to have. The scent is strong, the only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars. I like roses, but just not that much. I spray two shots under each underarm after showering and kind of windmill my arms around to spread it around and dry off. Yeah, it's odd but it works! No stale sweat smell that I used to get with traditional deodorants at the end of the day. My clothes smell like roses, even after a long day. It works best when I'm not wearing synthetic fabrics (cotton or wool or any other natural fabrics seem to work), otherwise that's the only time I notice it can't hold up. For those days when I wear tight/synthetic clothing, I switch to Dove. Also, I shave at night and don't shave very often in the winter, so not sure how this might potentially sting on freshly shaven underarms.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by meadows420

I've been shopping around for natural deodorants and figured I'd try this out. It smells nice on it's own, but when worn for a few hours, I smell worse than if I wasn't wearing it at all. It's expensive as well. Not worth the purchase, at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by whyknot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is Ok, but I will not repurchase for several reasons. 1) the smell is too pungent for me. and has an odd hint of BO to it, straight out of the bottle. seeing as how i want my deodorant to cover the smell of BO, I don't really want one that starts out smelling like perfume covering BO. 2) this has alcohol, and stings a bit when applied, especially after shaving. 3) glass bottle+tile bathroom=no good.

I dont mind reapplying if it means no chemicals in my pits. Really its the strong pungent smell of this i do not like. It will def interefere with any perfume you try to wear. Unless you love how this smells on its own, i'd skip it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by elisajessica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this after I had read all the positive reviews about it and I really hoped that I would like it too. I have had a hard time finding a natural deodorant that actually works, I sweat a lot.

But I must say I got really disappointed with this deodorant. It smells of roses, not my favourite scent but it's okay and I like that it comes in a spray bottle, it also dries quickly on the skin. However it just didn't take away the sweat smell at all, I actually felt that the deodorant made the sweat smell worse. It keeps the sweat smell away for about two hours and after that it doesn't have any effect at all.

I have also noticed that the deodorant sometimes has irritated my armpits and given me small red bumps under my arms, not nice.

This deodorant just didn't work for me, but I know that my sister likes it so I guess what works for one person might not work for another.