April 21, 2014 | 934 users online

Deodorants - Weleda - Wild Rose Deodorant

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Amazing smell- really organic, non-manufactured rose smell. However, if you're a relatively active young person who is used to the likes of Sure, Nivea etc this jst isn't a decent enough deodorant- it masks sweat but doesn't prevent it. I now use it as a pefumed body spray/ room spray.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by savethebeesnow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For people looking for a more natural alternative to deodorant this is a dream find in that it can be used both as a body spray as well as a deodorant thanks to its uplifting, delicate floral scent. In view of this I think the higher price can be justified. The formula is gentle so it could be considered for people with sensitive skin.

I did spray it liberally so it ran out faster than it would have done had I used my usual one. Did it minimise perspiration? Well, I would give this one a miss during hot weather or on days you know will be hectic.. otherwise it is great. A top up at lunch time is a pleasant way to refresh yourself. Ideal for use during a leisurely weekend.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought a 1.02oz bottle online for about $10, so it's not exactly cheap. However, I use about one to two spritzes per underarm, so it should last me a good while. I bought this to help out my crystal deodorant. Some reviewers have said that the scent of this spray is far too strong and they can smell it throughout the day. This isn't the case for me, and I have a pretty sensitive nose. I can smell it when I first put it on, but it isn't overpowering, it's a light, pleasant scent like rosewater. It sort of helps my crystal deodorant out, because just the crystal by itself wasn't doing so well, but even combined with the Weleda, I still get a funky odor after a short while of sweating. This will have to do for now, but I'm still looking for a decent natural deodorant.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this deodorant, and I'm surprised it works so well for me since it doesn't have any of the typical cornstarch, baking soda, or coconut oil that most natural deos seem to have. The scent is strong, the only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars. I like roses, but just not that much. I spray two shots under each underarm after showering and kind of windmill my arms around to spread it around and dry off. Yeah, it's odd but it works! No stale sweat smell that I used to get with traditional deodorants at the end of the day. My clothes smell like roses, even after a long day. It works best when I'm not wearing synthetic fabrics (cotton or wool or any other natural fabrics seem to work), otherwise that's the only time I notice it can't hold up. For those days when I wear tight/synthetic clothing, I switch to Dove. Also, I shave at night and don't shave very often in the winter, so not sure how this might potentially sting on freshly shaven underarms.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by meadows420

I've been shopping around for natural deodorants and figured I'd try this out. It smells nice on it's own, but when worn for a few hours, I smell worse than if I wasn't wearing it at all. It's expensive as well. Not worth the purchase, at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by whyknot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is Ok, but I will not repurchase for several reasons. 1) the smell is too pungent for me. and has an odd hint of BO to it, straight out of the bottle. seeing as how i want my deodorant to cover the smell of BO, I don't really want one that starts out smelling like perfume covering BO. 2) this has alcohol, and stings a bit when applied, especially after shaving. 3) glass bottle+tile bathroom=no good.

I dont mind reapplying if it means no chemicals in my pits. Really its the strong pungent smell of this i do not like. It will def interefere with any perfume you try to wear. Unless you love how this smells on its own, i'd skip it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by elisajessica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this after I had read all the positive reviews about it and I really hoped that I would like it too. I have had a hard time finding a natural deodorant that actually works, I sweat a lot.

But I must say I got really disappointed with this deodorant. It smells of roses, not my favourite scent but it's okay and I like that it comes in a spray bottle, it also dries quickly on the skin. However it just didn't take away the sweat smell at all, I actually felt that the deodorant made the sweat smell worse. It keeps the sweat smell away for about two hours and after that it doesn't have any effect at all.

I have also noticed that the deodorant sometimes has irritated my armpits and given me small red bumps under my arms, not nice.

This deodorant just didn't work for me, but I know that my sister likes it so I guess what works for one person might not work for another.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by claudia1408

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used both the wild rose deodrant and the citrus one too. This one however i prefer just because it makes me smell of roses!! It is definitely worth the money with all (or nearly all) natural ingredients and i find it lasts for ages. Although one word of advice...don't use after you've shaved it stings alot!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ponysonata

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love the smell of this deodorant. It isn't an old lady rose smell. It smells very fresh and I just love to sniff it. It smells strange when you first put it on. It is also very strongly scented so don't apply too much. I don't think it deodorizes- this is sort of impossible for any deodorant because in order to deodorize you have to kill the bacteria. This deodorant isn't capable of that. You will smell funky after only a few hours which is why I gave it four lippies. You have to reapply. I don't really mind that it isn't an antiperspirant but I wish it masked odor better. You will be fine as long as you reapply a few times a day. I have to reapply every 4-6 hours... so I think I will look for something a little stronger but this does smell really good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I thought this smelled lovely (kind of like a spicy rose)and I enjoyed using it. Though I would use this on top of my crystal stick deodorant because I did not trust this product to do a good job of being an anti-perspirant. After my underarms were completely dry from the crystal, I'd spritz a little of this on to just add a nice fragrance. I liked that later in the day (especially on warmer days or after I'd been active) I would catch a pleasant wiff of this. And this mixed nicely with the Coty Wild Musk that I'd often wear. I stopped getting this only because it's not a necessity for me (the crystal stick deodorant works great for me!) and I mainly just liked the added scent. Plus this was an added step for me in the morning. But, alas, if I were rich I'd always keep a bottle on hand. Recommended as an addition/back-up to an unscented anti-perspirant to add a little natural fragrance. Lovely scent.