Chloe Chloe by Chloe

3.1

on 8/27/2015 8:54:00 AM

Okay, this is going to be a slightly odd review. Chloe on its own doesn't actually smell that good on me. It';s a beautiful, old fashioned, over the top "perfumey" white floral that smells the same from the moment I put it on till the moment I wash it off. It never really mixes with my body chemistry, or with any one elses for that matter.

What do I mean by this? Well we all know that fragrances smell different on different people. Fragrances interact with a persons body chemistry, so that a fragrance that smells fantastic on one woman can smell like cat pee on another. Chloe seems to smell the same on every woman I have ever smelt it on, including myself. It just doesn't change with individual body chemistry. Weird.

But.... never one to be defeated when faced with a 100ml bottle of beautiful but not quite right perfume, I decided to experiment. Over the years I've found that I can often turn a not quite right perfume into one that is unique and fantastic by layering two perfumes together. Normally this consists of simply putting on one spray of two different perfumes and letting them mingle. However Chloe is so strong that this just didn't cut it. After much experimenting, I found that what worked for me was to mix together in a small spray bottle the following:

8 sprays of Jovan Musk for Men and 2 sprays of Chloe

Shake, allow to blend for a few days and voila! Suddenly the big white floral was transmuted into a dark musky creamy floral that smelt like it emanated from my skin. Still massive sillage, still massive longevity, but no longer an old fashioned "perfumey" white floral.

I have ticked that I would repurchase, but given I still have 90% of a 100ml bottle left, and given how little I need to mix with the Jovan Musk for Men, this one bottle may last me 20 years.

on 1/7/2015 8:23:00 PM

Just to clarify, this is for New Chloe because I don't see a difference on the review lists.

I've heard people describe this scent as generic and at first, I had to agree. Chloe is all of those completely wearable fragrances of floral and femininity, with nothing else to really give it an edge. But on me, I get strong notes of rose and lily. Maybe it's not something i want to wear every day but I wear it for dinners with the family, visiting Grandma and other functions where it is highly in your favor to be a bit conservative. It lasts a long time so there's that. So in the end, it works on me and one person's generic floral is another person's classic.

on 10/14/2014 6:57:00 AM

I hated this scent for like a million years. Not really "wearing" it to give it a chance. I got it cheap and figured I'd be brave. First spray was frightening. As time passed, rather quickly, I got a scent I've admired on others for......a million years! So, I wore it again! I love it! One spray is enough, and even walking through just the mist if your leaving the house too soon. It's lovely. I use one spray a couple hours before going out for the day, and it lasts the day. This will be in my collection forever...literally. One bottle will last about that long!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

very strong and migraine inducing scent.. I just can't take this perfume. Sold it for $3 after one spritz.. I do not recommend.

on 7/7/2014 2:58:00 PM

I DON'T like the old Chloe! (Why is it for sale if it's a discontinued fragrance?). I'm a grandma and I don't like. It's an obnoxious scent that is SO strong (I thought I'd never get it washed off after I sprayed a sample). I don't know how to describe it. It smells very metallic on me. It smells VERY "old school". I wouldn't wear it. Quite frankly, it stinks. It doesn't even smell like a perfume fragrance. It could pass as RAID. Headache-inducing.

on 4/19/2014 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Beautifully classy smell. I feel this is perfect for glamorous day time. I love getting pleasant wafts of it throughout the day as I do when I wear only the tiniest amount of this perfume. Smells clean and feminine.

on 1/30/2014 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My sister wears this and she always smells really fresh and nice...our mom bought it for her for ring day....I am not good at describing fragrances but it smells sooooo good

on 1/30/2014 7:11:00 AM

Very "heavy" scent.Better for your grandma....

on 12/4/2013 5:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Am a bit surprised to see all the nasty reviews about it coz to me its a very classy and elegant fragrance. Its always been my mum's favorite and I like it too. Its a great mixture of fruity and floral tones. Rose, jasmine and tuberose, along with sandalwood, musk, peachy tones. Its very long lasting and u can smell it on ur clothes even days later.
Its price is also very reasonable, I got the 100 ml bottle in a gift set along wd the Chloe body cream for just 23 pounds!

on 9/22/2013 3:06:00 PM

This belongs in a drawer with your grandma's underwear. Old. Lady. Underpants. Not for anyone under the age of 70. Pass.

Popular Fragrances