April 19, 2014 | 1652 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Endless Lipstick in Perfect Plum

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by thowell124

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Loreal Endless in Perfect Plum was my HG for many years! I still have 3 tubes left, although they both are on their last legs as they've gotten so much use, as these were my daily wear for quite awhile. I cannot say enough good things about this. This is the only lipstick that I've ever found that lives up to its name and stays on forever...fading to a stain after it dries. I wish that Loreal had not discontinued this, and I'm kicking myself now that I didn't buy every tube in sight when I had the chance. I have been searching for the exact color match and longevity

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by KiwiPi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have L'Oreal Endless Lipstick in several colors, and I don't regret buying a single one of them. My two favorites are In The Buff (as it implies, a nude color) and Fawn Fatale, sort of an all-purpose brown/wine. They're amazing...they stay on basically as long as I want them to, and wear quite comfortably. In The Buff is definitely one of the better flesh-toned colors I've tried, too...it's not too peachy or too bright, as some are on me. I have several backup tubes, as it is a favorite of mine to pair with smokey eyes or cat eyes, which I do most days. One of the only "long wearing" lipsticks I've tried that seems to live up to its name.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 7:00:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a plummy brown long-wearing lipstick. It's not exactly matte but it's close. I like the scent, and it works well as a neutral on my lips. I'm pretty sure these are being discontinued, since the entire collection was on clearance at CVS. Pick it up while you can!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I had hoped L'Oreal Endless Lipstick in "Perfect Plum" would be a bit more mauve, pink or red in undertone than it actually is. My inner lip is a rosy coral/berry color similar to Maybelline Moisture Extreme in Roseberry. My lips, on the other hand, are ghostly white, which means this color wears like a medium brown nude atop them. For me, Perfect Plum is not a MLBB shade at all. I feel that Perfect Plum would most flatter someone who is trying to offset a rosier/ruddier complexion. My skin tone is very pale with yellow undertones so this shade wears like a cooler brown by comparison. On a redhead, I'm sure this would be a gorgeous color, but on me it seems to emphasize the lack of color in my face. Fortunately, it's nothing a swipe of tinted balm can't solve. Add a sheer topping of mauve, coral, berry or red (Burt's Bees) and you're good to go. Perfect Plum peps up exceptionally well in response to minor color changes created by colored glosses, hence I'm not going to knock this product too much, except in the sense that the color name is misleading. As such, I will not purchase this particular color again, which is why I've given this 3 lippies.

On the whole, L'Oreal's Endless Lipstick feels like a more refined version of Maybelline Moisture Extreme and Cover Girl Incrediful lipstick. And while I normally dislike L'Oreal's lipcolor scents more so than any other to me they smell of semi-spoiled waxy perfume from the outset I must admit that Maybelline's Moisture Extreme cucumber/melon scent is much more overpowering and pungent from greater distances. I'll also take L'Oreal's Endless Lipstick scent to Cover Girl's Incrediful chemical-smelling, tongue-numbing, metallic-tasting "lip plumping" formula. (BTW, Of all the drugstore brands I've tried as of late, Prestige and Revlon are now the tamest where noxious fragrances are concerned, with NYC and Wet 'N Wild cheaper mildly-scented alternatives.)

The good news is that while this color didn't particularly flatter me, the line itself is fantastic with a lot of highly wearable selections. The crystalized varieties are a bit sheer but the matte shades are surprisingly light and not overly drying by long-wear standards. Overall, a good product. They should stop positioning it near the floor in the display cases at drugstores so that it can get the appreciation it deserves. I bought one of them about two years ago in another shade called "Crystalized Coral" and was under the misleading impression all this time that it was just a funky, sheer shimmer line by L'Oreal. Now I know that these Endless Lipsticks are actually drugstore gems, but I would have appreciated that fact sooner had the display been more prominently placed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this during an Ulta BOGO and I'm impressed with both the color and the longevity. The color is a matte, brown-plummy color that is neutral enough for everyday wear, if not applied heavily. I use a light hand when applying, so it looks more natural. It lasts several hours and as it fades, it leaves a pretty stain on the lips, nothing garish or uneven. This is a definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 9:25:00 AM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great color on me, slightly darker and pinker than my natural lip color. Perfect companion for strong eye mu. And no shimmer yay! Good wear. A swipe of lip vitamins first and there is no drying and it doesnt effect the wear that I can tell. A new staple in my mu drawer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2007 12:38:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick looking for a good mauve. This is a little darker than what I expected, but I have found that when I simply press and release the lipstick against the lips, instead of swiping/gliding it on, the color is more subtle and not as slippery and then less likely to fade. The staying power of this is longer than average; I would place it at five to six hours, but it does not last through meals. The color is matte and adding gloss cuts the staying time down drastically. It has a sweet/old-fashioned lipstick smell, which is overpowering in the tube, but not very noticeable when wearing. Overall, pretty good, but I will not buy again. I will search for something that matches my needs/wants more closely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2007 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. Great color. I have been a huge fan of these l/s for about a month ever since buying my first Endless Platinum l/s. What I love is the super smooth texture. Very good wear, not too drying, can be a matte or slightly shiny finish (depending on the color). Perfect Plum is just that. It's a slightly deeper MLBB shade that totally makes me look more put together. It reminds me just a little of Clinique Pink Chocolate l/s, but this one has a hint more plum which makes it more wearable for my skin tone. It is more pigmented, which is probably also why it wears for a longer time. No, you can't makeout for long hours or eat at a huge greasy buffet w/o having to touch this up. But even w/ speaking, I can go 4-5 hours w/o having to reapply. If you are comparing this l/s to say, Clinique Colour Surge regular line, then yes, this is slightly more drying b/c it doesn't impart a ton of shine and isn't as creamy. But, I don't mind the texture b/c I love the long wear. It's not "un"comfortable for me. I have 5 colors now, 3 being part of the Endless Platinum line (me being 25, I still love the shimmer) and this one, my more sophiciated l/s. And the fact that these are currently my favorite really says something, since I own a TON (over 100 l/s) from brands including, BB, EL, Clinique, Lancome, Chanel, Mac, Shu, LM, TM, Nars, etc. I also do love the feminiate platinum colored tubes. A+. And one more thing, many stores from time to time will have these on sale. My first two I bought at a BOGOF, and the last two i purchased and only $4.99 from Ulta. I'm definately going to get more this week. I hope they're still on sale :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Pinki

Since my fav lippie, Plum Passion from Clinique, got discontinued I have been on the hunt for the prefect neutral plum thats satiny/matte/comfortable. I have big old pigmented lips that have uneven boundaries that just look stupid with gloss on em. I just wanted something a little tiny bit less brown than my lips that could even out the pigment, not need uber touchups and felt light. Therefore, I am so excited about this lipstick! It is the perfect polished look for my NC42 skin and brightens my cheeks, making blush not very necessary! It doesn feather/run/dry out my lips/wear away too quickly. I am totally in love and am running out to buy some more of these!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Lippyloo

In general, I love the Endless formulation. The color goes on semi-matte and opaque, with zero bleeding, for a defined lip outline without lip pencil. Unlike some long-wearing lippies, this one does come off on napkins, etc., but that's the price to pay for its being more comfortable. Perfect Plum is a classic natural-look shade that's deeper rather than pale or washed-out. It's a deep brownish-pink, like naturally pigmented lips. I like it a lot when wearing black or neutrals. I took off one lippie because, as another reviewer said, the color looks grayish when worn with bright colors.