July 28, 2014 | 2129 users online

Skincare - Body - Boots - Mediterranean - Bergamot Orange & Olive Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by bheidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift and at first I wasn't sure if I liked the scent, it is so unique, but I quite like it. It's so difficult to describe for me, just citrusy I suppose. It sinks into the skin very quickly and leaves hands and cuticles soft (what I mainly use it for). Also great for after shaving!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Fid

I actually didn't buy this for myself - my boyfriend bought it for me - but I liked it a lot. I am originally from Europe and grew up using Boots products so I was super happy when they finally became available in the US! I was pretty impressed with this. It has a clean, not at all overpowering scent and is rich without being greasy. It absorbed quickly, somewhat unusual for a body butter this rich, and left no greasy layer on my skin. For the price, it is a quality, effective product and I would certainly buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by olivetofu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found these at Target in their clearance aisle for dirt cheap: 2 tubes for the price of 1. I was surprised by how good these were. Why were these even on clearance? Who knows...

Anyway, these are pretty different from the Body Shop body butters. The Body Shop ones are way greasier, heavier, and generally more moisturizing if you pick the dry skin ones like Shea Butter or Brazilian Nut (love Brazilian nut butter!). But the Boots body butters work very well. Since my skin is so dry, I actually use the Boots butters during the summer and the Body Shop ones during the winter. The Body Shop ones feel too slimy during the summer, but the Boots butters absorb very well without feeling greasy and the olive bergamot orange version has a wonderful, refreshing scent. I love the scent so much! I prefer the scents of the Boots butters wayyyyyy more than the Body Shop ones, which are too fragrant and overwhelming.

These retail for about $10 US at Target. I would wait for them to go on sale because they do go on sale time to time. Wait for these sales to stock up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find Boots' body butters easier to use than The Body Shop's because they absorb quickly and don't leave a greasy layer on the skin. I've tried most of the different scents and this is my favourite one - some of the others are too sweet and rich for hot weather. This keeps my feet, knees and elbows silky soft and the packaging means that you can get every last trace of product out easily. Will kep buying as long as they keep making.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

Lets face it, you can't complain about much in this range. Its cheap, the products smell fantastic and do exactly what they say they will do. How could you not want to try and love everything? All of the Mediterranean body butters are gorgeous and this is no exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by wnzdazchld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff smells heavenly; a light & fresh scent with just enough moisturizer. I have this & the matching bubble bath and use it when I need a decadent treat. I just worry that Target will discontinue this since I love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 1:34:00 AM More reviews by eggiechan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought it on a whim from Target in a gift pack on clearance for $4.99 (down from $9.99)...I'm so happy I did, because the texture is amazing. I didn't like the smell at first but now I like how subtle it is. I bought my sister a body butter once from CVS that was a knock off of Bath and Body Work's Lime Coconut Verbena and I HATE when she wears it now because the smell is so overwhelming, but the Boots stuff is so moisturizing, non-greasy and the smell doesn't punch you in the face. Love it! I'm probably going to get her a tub for her birthday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I am absolutely in love with Boot's line of body butters. They are firm in the tub yet so easy to spread onto the body.. they practically melt into your skin! At $10, they are a steal, especially when The Body Shops' are $16, and the tubs are basically identical. What makes Boots my favorite however is that their scents are deliciously subtle and not artificial or overly pungent, as well as the delightful whipped texture. So far I have tried only two of the scents (Olive Bergamot Orange and Milk Almond Pistachio) and I can't wait to try the others!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2007 1:46:00 PM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the BEST body butter I've ever used. The scent isn't overpowering and is actually quite lovely. The butter is very moisturizing, and I can wear it to bed without feeling like a grease ball under the sheets. It's also now my staple hand cream because it keeps them soft-even through a hand-washing. A definite double thumbs up and I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love love love love.....this one!!! So far the best body butter/cream/lotion I ever used! I don't like the packaging though. I hope they can make it in a tube. The box can be finished very quickly...although it has 100 ml. I plan to try a different flavor very noon. that would be the one with almond.