April 16, 2014 | 1854 users online

Foundations - L'Oreal - Quickstick Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by natesmom2244

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

used this all through my teens and then kinda forgot about it. It was my favorite foundation and i am so sad i can't find it anymore. had i known it was going to be discontinued i would have stocked up. oh well... i now use revlon new complexion compact foundation or covergirl aqua smooth compact ..both are med/full coverage and just as nice!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i would totally buy this again if l'oreal makes it. can't believe the discontinued it. why? so many people loved it. this was really the only foundation that matched my skin and didn't turn me organge after a few hours.

ladies...if you use it, and love it...check ebay. that's where i was able to purchase mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by shineygal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this was my HG foundation. i used the *soft ivory* shade and it was PERFECTION! i orginally discovered this product when i was trying to get pregnant and was nervous my revlon colorstay foundation might cause cancer or some sort of birth defects (due to the strong chemical smell).

i have since used estee lauder lucidity liquid makeup in *pale ivory*, which was half decent and definately better than nothing, but definately not my thing!

now i am using quo wet/dry powder foundation in *soft linen*, and it seems to be a very similar (if not IDENTICAL) color-match to the quickstick in soft ivory, but doesnt make my skin look as good as the quickstick did and vanishes rather quickly! if anyone has any replacement recs of the same shade, pls let me know!

i still have a teeny bit left over that i am saving for a 'special occasion' (eg/ meeting tom cruise or something). im thinking to email loreal and tell them i bring this product back!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ARiggs

I am so sad I can't find this product anymore. It is the only one that has maximum coverage without breaking me out. Why oh why do I find the perfect foundation only to find out it's not around anymore?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by cynthiamd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let this be known I only use this as an eyebrow and eyeshadow primer!
    But it works great, blends nicely, creamy and smooth. My shadow and brows stay on all day and than some.
    The sand beige matches my skin tone quite well and for the price I got it for (at a factory sale) I can't complain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is discontinued. PEOPLE AT L'OREAL, READ THIS PAGE AND BRING IT BACK! I literally bought this for like $2 at Duane Reade (NYC drugstore chain similar to CVS) when they were clearing their shelves of (soon to be discontinued???) products. I figured for $2 what the heck. It is now my favorite foundation product out of everything I own, which includes several high-end products from Estee Lauder, Makeup Forever, Bobbi Brown, you name it.

I use this in a very light shade and it matches my fair skin and disappears. It is the easiest product to apply EVER. I am usually covering just some basic redness and minor discoloration (my skin is dry so I break out rarely) -- spot application. A few swipes on cheeks, chin, nose; use my fingers to blend it in seconds (SO quick to blend -- it's amazing) and my skin looks flawless. Leaves a smooth, natural finish that is a great base for makeup. Before I leave the house, I drop it in my bag for touchups throughout the day... it's so easy to transport in addition to everything else about it that's great.

Seriously, this is one of my all-time favorite products of any type, EVER. And I got it for two bucks! L'Oreal, PLEASE don't discontinue! This stuff is amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2009 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Sunshine1978

I like this makeup. It's better suited for my skin which gets pretty oily. I tried True Match liquid foundation and it didn't work for me, it made me so oily, so I switched to this. It's a foundation, concealer & powder all in one makeup, although I find it to be more on the powder side than cream side when I apply it. It seems to stay on pretty well throughout the day for me & doesn't change color. My only complaint is that I wished they had more colors to choose from, I have Natural Beige, which is close. And it could be a little cheaper, I paid $12 and some change for mine. But it's a good product & I will keep buying it, I like that I can take it w/ me anywhere I go in case I need to touch up.

Update 4/24/09:

Unfortunately, this started to break me out so I had to stop using it. Nude Beige was a little on the light side and Natural Beige was a little dark so I couldn't get a good match. Oh well, on to something else. Hope it works for everyone else that uses it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by rebeccacribb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK, so this just does not work for me, but I am still giving it 4 stars because there are things about it that I like a lot and I think the reason it doesn't work for me is my skin type, not product failure.

PROS:
    (1) The color nude beige is perfect for me and covers all the redness on my fair-to-light peachy skin.
    (2) Does not irritate my skin in terms of causing a rash or acne.
    (3) Excellent portability, pocket size, could be used as concealer/foundation/powder all in one.
    (4) Easy to apply and NO MESS. I get really annoyed with liquid and loose powder foundations because of the mess.
    (5) I like the physical sunscreen, although everyone should know it's not adequate for protection in summer.
    (6) It stays on all day on my skin.

CONS:
    (1) Although my face looked perfect standing a distance from the mirror, up close it literally looked cracked. My skin is on the drier side, and I have tried using this over heavy-duty moisturizer, but it still emphasizes every little flake and fine line on my face.
    (2) It's a little weird to me to use Teflon on my face (PTFE is Teflon).
    (3) Seems to contribute to more dryness if used regularly (after only about a week).

This gives a really matte, powdery look, which would probably be beautiful on oilier skin. Excellent for an event. I would think this would last a long time, since it takes so little to cover the entire face. Unfortunately, I can't make it work for my skin. If anyone has ideas on how to avoid the cracked look this can give dryer skin, PLEASE let me know, because I love the coverage this gives and the portability! Would eliminate a lot of products from a travel bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Belladonna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this might be discontinued which is very unfortunate, I'm going to have to hunt it down on ebay. So this is just another amazing product I randomly found while surfing on MUA. Typically I wear concealer and powder foundation only but something about the reviews for this made me think it might be something I should try. I have combo skin with a shiny T-zone and some redness on my nose and chin. This works amazingly well. I can actually skip concealer and just use this with a tiny bit of power (or not!) and I'm good to go. It makes my skin look great! Love it!! Also I'm a PPP and use the second lightest shade, I bought both and the lightest is way too light for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by M3

I wear this in L'oreals lightest shade. This is great for large pores, hides them nicely. This foundation has no scent. Lasts nicely throughout the day. Great for oily/combo skin. Blends easily. I prep my face with a little Jojoba oil. I then swipe the foundation stick across my face a couple of times and blend with my Essence of Beauty, foundation brush (yellow bristles). Gives a natural matte finish. I too was worried that the lightest shade looked pink but not so at all. I need to update my other reviews but I think this is HG for me!