September 22, 2014 | 1263 users online

Body Scrubs - Laura Mercier - Creme Brulee body scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by LOREBUNDE

I am slightly disappointed in this. I've been wanting it for a long time. Just the name smells devine. I guess after using the best - Fresh sugar body scrub, nothing will ever compare. The pastey consistency didn't bother me, it smells great but not strong enough for a good scrub. I didn't feel like it was doing anything. Only used once so will update, maybe it will grow on me?
UPDATE: Still not crazy about this. nice smell but thats about it, just ok. I will not be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2006 12:18:00 PM More reviews by valngau

I simply love this product even though others have a different opinion. Yes, it is gooey but I love the sweet smell vanilla & moisture that lingers after using it. Upon application, it is sticky but after applying, it melts on my skin along with the sugar grains leaving a smooth finish. I leave it on my skin for a minute or two before rinsing. I have one major complaint on the product and that is the sky high price. Sugar & some moisturising agent shouldn't cost that much for that quantity. I love the packaging too except that it can be heavy to travel with.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Tessiepooh

I must say that I am pretty disappointed in this product. I love the creme brulee honey bath and body wash, but the scent of this is nowhere near the same. I agree with the others reviewers who mentioned the alcohol-y overtone. I also don't like the texture of the scrub. It's overly gooey, and the sugar particles are too big for effective scrubbing. The packaging is not the best, either. I think a squeeze tube would be a better way to package this product. The heavy glass jar with the wide lid is not well suited to using it in the shower. Bath and body works sugar scrubs are much better, IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2006 11:17:00 AM More reviews by wawagugugaga

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this scrub. I have been eyeing the LM cream brulee body products but never tested in the store. Finally purchased it on the whim to qualify for Nordstrom.com's GWP event. I'm so happy I got it even though the price is so steep ($46 for 12 oz, this is the most expensive body scrub I ever purchased!). The scent is quite differenct from what I imagined (B&BW Dolci Tutti Cream Brulee scent is much sweeter); it has a more floral and synthetic smell. Overall it doesn't smell very foody to me, but it doesn't bother me either. I was slighly taken aback by the super gooey and sticky texture. I have tried many different scrubs but never anything this thick. But I was so delighted to find how good it feels on the skin. The scrubing particles are quite big and rough, but the sticky cream/gel/whatever is so hydrating. It rinses off nicely w/o leaving residues and the skin feels super smooth and supple. The whole process feels so divine and enjoyable..makes me want to stay in the shower forever! The heavy glass jar is so pretty but slightly too lavish (such a waste of material and burdening the environment). And it's hard to get a grip of the jar 'cuz it gets so slippery when it's wet. But the lavish packaging definitely addes milage to the luxurious feeling of this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 3:55:00 AM More reviews by haloinrverse

i absolutely loathe this scrub, which is so disappointing because i had wanted to try it for some time. i love foody smells, and i was expecting a decadent and creamy true creme brulee. it smells vaguely foody with an off chemical smell thats hard to describe. its something like dousing chemical custard with rum and rubbing alcohol. its utterly disgusting.

the texture is a bit odd. its light compared to most body scrubs, and its sticky and gooey. on a positive note, the particles are just the right size and exfoliate well, leaving no greasy residue behind. it did a good job of removing dead skin and definitely left me feeling soft. i wouldnt say it moisturized at all.

the container is really beautiful and i enjoy the sturdiness of the glass. if i could tolerate the smell long enough to use this repeatedly, id be worried that i would drop it in the shower. id prefer a squeeze tube for ease of application, but i suppose that would cancel out the prestige and decadence factor.

the performace was on par with any other decent scrub, but i cannot get past the completely awful smell and i dont care for the goopy texture.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2004 7:08:00 PM More reviews by veggiekhc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I stupidly bought Laura Mercier's creme brulee body scrub when I really wanted the body souffle but didn't feel like shelling out all that cash. My mistake! The scrub doesn't smell much like the souffle at all- to my nose it smells like brandy or some other type of alcohol. The texture is also very gooey and slimy and the grains are sparse. This isn't the worst scrub I've ever tried, but for the price, I expected much, much more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2004 2:44:00 PM More reviews by 4youreyes

I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE this scrub. I'm on my fourth container of it. I also bought the travel set which includes this in a tube! I've used tons & tons of other scrubs, including the self heating one by Repechage w/cinnamon & sugar. Nothing surpasses LM Creme Brulee. It does a better job without scratching my skin, than any other scrub. You don't need to feel abraded to exfoliate! The container is clumsy, tho. A large tube would be better. My HG of body scrubs.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2004 12:40:00 PM More reviews by vwgogh78

A little luxury goes a long way!!! If you tried this stuff you would understand why women pay what they do for it. Yes, it is expensive, but worth every ounce. It is one of the only SUGAR scrubs i have seen on the market [i think L'Oreal makes an apple one for kids but it's not great] -- most scrubs are made of salt. I think it's easy to apply & doesn't feel like it's tearing my skin up as i rub it in. The smell is absolutely delectable!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2004 9:46:00 AM More reviews by jalin

This is a decadent, yummy scented scrub that exactly matches the scent of LM Creme Brulee Honey Bath! The texture of the scrub is nice, more moisturizing than most (which is a good or bad thing, depending on how much moisture you want). I'm not sure I would purchase this again, but it is a nice treat if you want to splurge and you love the other Creme Brulee items.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2004 9:31:00 PM More reviews by lilylotus

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoyed this product! Apart from the most divine creme brulee scent, this is a warming scrub that feels hot as you rub it on. The scrubbing particles are just right and this rinses off suberbly which is a very important factor for me. I find most other scrubs too oily but this one is nice. My only gripe is that these products are grossly overpriced & I am looking for something that smells similar and performs like this but isn't as pricey. Also the screw top jar is a little annoying, it would be nice to have a flip top lid tube for the shower.