October 24, 2014 | 1866 users online

Fragrances - Clinique - Happy

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Any of the reviewers that used the word "tacky" in their reviews were absolutely right.
It smells like your grandma's baby powder that's been expired for decades.
The bottle may look appealing, but is the exact opposite from its smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This fragrance sounded nice: an orange perfume for summer, but there is a very harsh note in it (I don't know what exactly) which made it impossible to wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Lashaye16

Love this perfume. I buy the rollerball's from ulta because it's easier to keep a rollerball in my purse, or clutch. This scent reminds me of summer. I've been wearing it everyday this summer. I am on my second rollerball!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

Got this as a sample. I love everything Calvin Klein, but have never thought much of the perfume selection. I'm more of a Calvin Klein underwear and bra girl, but some of the cosmetics and beautiful heels call me every once in awhile by this brand.

I got this as a deluxe sample and I would say it is very accurately named. It is just a happy, light scent. It is non offensive and I get nice compliments when I wear it. Currently it is in my purse as a back up for my deodorant in the summer months. I don't use anti-persperant and sometimes I get a little funky smelling. I try to carry a travel size deodorant, but sometimes I need a little extra. This helps immensely.

It isn't a full 5 lippie for me since it isn't a HG, but it is still very nice and worth taking a look (or whiff) at.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Pookymami

The Perfect perfume!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by medj37

I bought it because my sister recommended it. I should have asked for a sample before buying the whole bottle. It smelled good on me at the start but after a fer minutes the scent didnt go well with my body chemistry. Wouldnt buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this perfume after using Velocity from Mary Kay for a long time, I think they are very similar. I bought the Happy because the bottle on my other perfume bottle was very wobbly and off-set and has fallen (and broken) on several occasions. Happy is a very fresh scent, sort of summery and youthful. It is not musky or spicy smelling, it is more of a citrusy floral scent but not too heavy on the floral. This perfume has been around for a long time, I remember seeing the ads on TV when I was a kid and I have had several samples over the years and liked the way it smelled. The bottle is substantial and not very frilly. It is less expensive than some of the newer perfumes available, which is another reason I purchased it. It seems to last all day, I will find myself watching whiffs of it when I move around at my desk sometimes. I haven't had anyone complain or compliment the smell so I don't think it is particularly offensive to the nose or especially noticeable for other people around, which is nice when you work around other people as you don't want to overpower anyone with your signature scent. I would definitely buy this again but I don't think I will ever use up this whole, huge bottle since I have it in my perfume rotation (the large bottle was $30 cheaper than the small Dolce that I was going to buy!)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by nickilloyd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this would be a lovely fresh summery scent, but to me it just smells cheap and tacky.... the smell irritatingly lingers.... i couldnt wait to wash it off. Just smells like oranges, but quite sickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by jdublew

I love this perfume sprayed directly on my skin and It lasts all day. If you are sensitive to musky perfumes try this one but dont' over do it. Just a light spritz is all you ned. It gives me happy feeling seriously.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

THIS, is the summer fragrance every woman should try at least once in their lifetime. It is such a beautiful, fresh scent. So delicate and happy. My mom used to purchase this for me a long time ago and I got so excited when I came across the bottle again at a store. It's sooo hard to put a finger on what it smells like! The fragrance is not a musk, nor floral or even powdery scent. It's very hard to describe it but it's so easy to love it. I think the Clinique page went a little cray cray listing the ingredients, which are (supposedly):
Top Notes - Ruby Red Grapefruit, Bergamot, West Indian Mandarin Tree Blossom, High Altitude Laurel.
Middle Notes - Boysenberry Bush Flower, Morning Dew Orchid, Melati Blossom. Base Notes -
Hawaiian Wedding Flower, White Crinium Lily, Chinese Golden Magnolia, Spring Mimosa Blossoms.

To be truthful I couldn't identify ANY of the notes listed above. I'm not good at describing perfumes but this is what it feels like: A weekend on a gorgeous beach where you have traces of sunblock on your skin and you just came out of a fresh shower where you used an angelic smelling soap and shampoo. Just so summery, fresh, and RELAXING.

I sound nuts but believe me, smell it and you'll know. Love, LOVE this perfume. Thumbs up!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No