April 17, 2014 | 1588 users online

Fragrances - Clinique - Happy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

THIS, is the summer fragrance every woman should try at least once in their lifetime. It is such a beautiful, fresh scent. So delicate and happy. My mom used to purchase this for me a long time ago and I got so excited when I came across the bottle again at a store. It's sooo hard to put a finger on what it smells like! The fragrance is not a musk, nor floral or even powdery scent. It's very hard to describe it but it's so easy to love it. I think the Clinique page went a little cray cray listing the ingredients, which are (supposedly):
Top Notes - Ruby Red Grapefruit, Bergamot, West Indian Mandarin Tree Blossom, High Altitude Laurel.
Middle Notes - Boysenberry Bush Flower, Morning Dew Orchid, Melati Blossom. Base Notes -
Hawaiian Wedding Flower, White Crinium Lily, Chinese Golden Magnolia, Spring Mimosa Blossoms.

To be truthful I couldn't identify ANY of the notes listed above. I'm not good at describing perfumes but this is what it feels like: A weekend on a gorgeous beach where you have traces of sunblock on your skin and you just came out of a fresh shower where you used an angelic smelling soap and shampoo. Just so summery, fresh, and RELAXING.

I sound nuts but believe me, smell it and you'll know. Love, LOVE this perfume. Thumbs up!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I got this to qualify for a GWP & I had forgotten about how great it smells!! I got the set in a makeup bag w a bottle of EDT, tube of lotion, & a rollerball. It reminds me of orange & grapefruit, sparking champagne, & being fresh out of the shower after using a really good shampoo. It's simply beautiful & I look forward to using it this spring/summer. It smells like bottled sunshine & good times. It's very chic & elegant.... Classy!! Why, OH why, had I forgotten about this gem?!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by KatherineETaylor

I love this scent. It isn't a floral, but it isn't a musk. It smells really nice on the skin and it's my go to scent anytime.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Nutellamonster

Ouffff I hate this perfume!! It is sickly sweet but not the cotton candy kind of sweet! More like an old lady headache kind of sweet. Gross

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by xDevochkax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first "real" EdP that I received as a gift when I was 17. Now, 9 years later, this is the only one I continually repurchase even though I already have a decent perfume collection. It's become my signature scent. I love the fact that you really can't put your finger on how to describe the smell. Despite any description of it, I don't find it to smell sweet, nor musky, nor fruity, nor flower-y... just "fresh." It's a great perfume for all seasons and when I don't know what to wear, I immediately grab for this. I think it's a must have in anyone's perfume collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ccj36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Happy seems to be one of those fragrances that people either love or hate. (others I can think of that have the same effect are Angel and Poison) I love it. I've kept a bottle on hand since it first came out, and though I've also used the variations (Happy To Be, Happy Heart), the original Happy is the one that I prefer. Like someone else wrote, I am often asked what I am wearing, and the looks on the faces of women who ask me is usually one of shock. I am light-handed when I apply any fragrance, so maybe that is the key to wearing Happy. It is very fresh and citrus-floral at first spray, but it is much warmer and muskier as it calms down. The bottle is straightforward and simple, much like the scent. A keeper for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A very nice, clean, dependable and inoffensive scent. Recognizable, but smells slightly different on everyone. Warning: the body lotion and body cream are stronger and not so nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Lhicksbeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favorite scents! Light, fresh, fruity, and pleasantly happy smelling. Not too strong. I like the roll on perfume application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I remember Ulta once had a gift set that included this perfume. I ended up holding off on another option because I didn't want to get stuck with a scent I didn't like. Being someone that wears more of the oriental and musky perfumes, this one turned me off.

However, I recently received a complimentary sample size from my Clinique purchase. And I have got to say that my opinion has drastically changed. I like spritzing this in the morning. PERFECT WAKE ME UP. It smells of ruby red grapefruit, bergamot, Hawaiian wedding flower, and spring mimosa.The best way to describe the scent is FRESH and citrusy. I can see how this scent can provoke a migraine for some, though. Others find it refreshing. And I am loving it for the daytime, fall especially.

The only reason that I will not purchase a large size is that I already own too many perfumes. And I really like to switch it up when I finish them, unless I get an HG. My other morning fragrances are Burberry Brit, Gucci Guilty Intense, Jimmy Choo, Dior Pure Poison.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Sutherlande

BUY THE MEN'S VERSION. Even if you are a lady. Smells so much better, both on yourself, and to people around you. I received a sample of this, and wore it once before I threw it away. It didn't smell good in the bottle, and I really didn't like the smell on me. I was totally biased against the whole Clinique Happy line, until I smelled the men's version on an ex. Delish. Citrusy, warm, light, and almost no musk. Everything the ladies perfume should have been. I ended up buy the men's Happy for myself.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No