July 25, 2014 | 1760 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Bistro Burgundy

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by TarinM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this lipstick, its hard to describe but it's like a natural rosey berry colour on me. I agree with one of the earlier reviews that its good if you're going for a natural/nude lip but you don't look good with the really pale, flesh coloured lipsticks, this is quite neutral so you can play up the rest of your features. Having said that it's by no means a dull colour, I don't wear heavy make up so this is a really nice colour for me to brighten up my face. I have pale skin though,so I think with darker skin tones it might not stand out as much, but still a nice natural colour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this for my "natural lip" look--as I can't pull off flesh-tone or very, very pale colors. I am fair/light, with slightly olive undertones; this is a neutral, lip-color-but-better shade on me. No brown, no pink, no orange, no purple--just neutral lip color (on me). Perhaps a slight rose undertone. I wear this for causual & minimalist days. I pull it out in the spring and summer. It's my answer to a nude lip (I look horrible in that look). I see this as being very neutral, so I'm surprised at the negative reviews. Color is a very individual/personal issue.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2009 8:40:00 AM More reviews by mirrorgirlmirrorgirls

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a darkish brownish burgundy and a cream vs a shimmer. It looked awful on my fair cool toned skin...way to brown. It might look nice on olive skin. Plus the creams aren't as nice as the shimmers..boring and more drying. The stores in my area and other girls i have written to tell me they cant find there fav shades in this great formula. I hope they continue it, get rid of there very dull and reptetive shades and add more variety and prettier colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick back when I had dark brown/reddish hair and it turned bright horrible fuschia on me (I'm a neutral PPP). Then I dyed my hair black and it brought out the cooler tones in all of my make-up, so lipsticks definitely look different. I pulled this one out today and was pleasantly surprised to find that it's a perfect oqaque deep pink on me now. It's been very long-lasting too, even through breakfast. So this is a winner, now that it goes with my skintone and hair color and I'm sure I'll be wearing it a lot more now!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2006 3:38:00 PM More reviews by kittykittybambam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to like CG lipsticks, I really did. But CG lipsticks are just impossible to like or use even. It has a really finicky shelf like that is probably temperature and season dependent. Sometimes I'll buy a tube and it'll be okay. Other times, it would be like dried and compacted paint flakes that did not go on at all. I have better experience with maybelline moisture whip.

The color selection is awful as well, and the actual color on lips is no where close to what you think you'll see.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2006 10:57:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would describe this color as a brownish mauve. Formula and smell were decent. Unfortunately it was hard to tell what color it was by seeing it in the package and reading the name.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 9:23:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

I picked this up hoping it would be a true burgundy, since so many drugstore reds with the word 'red' in them look hideous on me! There's not one bit of burgundy in this at all! The shade name is very misleading. However, it's a nice deep berryish-mauve shade. The color looks decent on my NC30 face, but it's not exactly the effect I was looking for.=0( The new formula itself isn't bad, either. There's no odd smell, and the color stays the same as it does when I first apply it. By the way, I really wish Cover Girl would find a way to put out testers for their Continuous Color lipsticks!! I hate how you can't test the color before you buy it! But I always try a shade now and then, hoping to find a good match. When will I ever learn?! And is it just me or did this color used to be darker in the old formula? continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2004 12:53:00 PM More reviews by stellina

I had a coupon for the new, re-formulated version and it proved to be the bargain of the year. This is creamy, smooth, and as nice as most department store brands. The shade is pretty much described by the name: a rich, muted wine with warm tones. I'll be buying this again & again because even at full price, it's still a great deal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 9:14:00 PM More reviews by pelirroja77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shade looked beautiful in the tube but once again, this product left that horrible fucsia stain on my lips after a couple of minutes of application. Bummer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2002 4:20:00 PM More reviews by sonnie_art

Beautiful Burgandy red color which is great to brighten up olive complexions during the winter.