November 27, 2014 | 1011 users online

Eye Shadow - Bare Escentuals - Glimmer in Drama

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This is a great glimmer.

Drama's color is a medium-to-dark taupe with lots of silver shimmer.

This might be too shiny for daytime wear. It's not garish, though. However, one could probably do an evening look with it if you're creative.

This is an overall very versatile taupe-brown that I think most can wear well without courting that dreaded bruised or tired look.

Definitely will be rebuying

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tend to avoid pigments and loose shadows because they can be such messy products to use. But this isn't the case with those from Bare Minerals (or is it Bare Escentuals? I wish they'd go to one name or the other!), at least not those I've tried. Drama is my 3rd purchase and I am absolutely loving this shadow. The colour is hard to describe - it's sort of a dark taupey brown/grey...it is actually a fairly deep colour but the "glimmer" finish keeps it from looking too dark or "crypt-keeper"-like. Even for someone older, like me, who can look quite drawn with shadows that are too dark, especially if worn all over the lid and crease, Drama is both wearable and flattering because the glimmer finish brings a lot of light to the eyes, along with the dark, somewhat smoldering look you can achieve with this shadow. All in all, a terrific shadow that applies easily and without fallout or mess and which is buildable and very versatile, as it can go from light and day-time wearable to dark and sexy depending on how you choose to apply it.

Bare Minerals is quickly becoming one of my favourite brands for eye shadows, in both their pressed/Ready shadows and these "old standby" loose shadows, which are incredibly reasonably priced for the amount of product and the quality! In my books, Drama is a must-have, even if you're not a "drama queen"!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by kykelly322

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Fab eye shadow. Lasts forever. I think I had mine for 5 years now. It works great for everyday use or to use for a smokey eye. I have blue eyes and this really makes them stand out. I also bought the Weather Everything liner sealer and this makes a great shimmery liner that does not move! Can't go wrong with BE shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by cocolovescocopuffs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hands down my favorite BE eyeshadow. Its a cool toned brown (at least on me). I love it. It looks great of everyone....many of my friends have it and we are all different hair and skin tones. It goes great with Queen Linda.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by quidproquo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

When I tried "Drama" in the store (on the back of my hand), I absolutely LOVED it; looked like a light grey colour with some pink and silver accents within the shimmer. Took it home, and it was like Halloween when I tried to blend it into the crease of my eye. I've had this happen with another darker BE shade; when I attempted to blend it with my eyeshadow brush, the shimmer disappeared and I was left with an awkward smear mark on my eye lid. I returned it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite eye shadow. On me it is a shimmery grey/taupe. The shimmer is appropriate for day or evening looks and there is no fallout. This sets my brown eyes off like no other shadow I own. It's perfect. At first glance, it seems pricey, but it lasts forever. I do find BE packaging annoying. Even with the new packaging I find BE products incredibly messy. I have to wipe down my vanity every time I use their shadow or liners. If they can't find a way to press their products, I guess I understand. However, if they insist upon this packaging because it is their "signature", I think they are only hurting their bottom line. I will continue to buy this shadow because I have yet to find a dupe, but I will not buy any other colors, and once I find a dupe in pressed form I won't be repurchasing Drama.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a huge fan of BE eye shadows. The packaging has been improved since many reviews here were written. The neat little screw top containers now have a so called screen or sifter, to reduce problems with the loose powder getting out of control.

Drama is a great color. It is a medium cool brown, with hints of pewter and moss, and lots of shimmer. A chameleon, it looks different depending what other colors you wear it with. You can play up the cool silvery & green tones or bring out its warmth as a brown.

It works as a liner on fair/light skin and as a crease color on many skin tones. Not being dark, i am not sure what its best use would be, but with its shimmer, it may work well on the eye lid.

I am not into the black / grey / silver so-called smoky eye; frankly, i am bored of it already on celebrities, and often it is heavy and overdone, even by professional MUAs. I think most of us have more imagination and create more flattering looks. I use Drama for definition on my hazel brown eyes with deep plummy brown for contour and greenish golden highlights.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by minc

I purchased mine at a BE store. I have never been a fan of brown e/s shades, but Drama has won me over. I think it is something of a chameleon color because it never seems to look exactly the same way on me. Sometimes I see bronze, other times I see silver. It's a little odd, but in a good way because it always looks good! I've worn it day and night. Think I may like it a tad more at night when I can really dial up the color. Drama has become my go to shade overnight. The first technically brown shade I really, really like!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Bethalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is beautiful and IS NOT DISCONTINUED!!! I just bought it at Ulta yesterday and they had about 8 in stock. It is an Ulta exclusive shade now. Beautiful and so classy!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by fatuality

OMG this is my favorite BE eye color!!!! I use this like its crack. When I lost one I went to the store and they said it was being discontinued, i was like wtf? I went back the next week and bought two, and then I found my old one, I may buy more because I also take clear polish and use this as a nail polish and people love it, when you see it, if you see it BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!!! looks good on everyone, im a caramel complextion and this is gorgeous, my very pale friend looked stunning and my chocolate cousin looked breath taking, this is one of those colors your goin to love.